BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #puzzlebot-0 | 2021-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Puzzlebot is a simple Simon says puzzle game made in couple of weeks last year (2020).

Give some commands and follow the indicated colorful path in order to help reach the stars.

Will you be able to remember all the move combinatios while creating some cool beats?

Enjoy it!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

INPUT

• Arrow keys to add moves
  • O(z) to delete moves
  • X(x) to start moving

HOW TO PLAY

*Memorize the path to follow.
Give move commands to your friendly robot.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #blobpaint-0 | 2021-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Blobpaint

Blobby drawing tool

Original prototype that became blobpaint.net

0 comments

Cart #titanic-4 | 2022-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Your ship is sinking!

Save as many passengers as you can. Get them to the life boats. And remember, the captain is always last to leave the ship.

Originally created for TriJam #134, but has been improved and expanded since.

Version 4:
-Improved music, graphics, intro, ai, bug-fixes, etc.

--

Version 3:
-Bug fixes.

--

Version 2:
-Bug fixes.

--

Version 1:

Updated gameplay:

• Air pockets: catch your breath on long dives, safe place for passengers
  • Stop following passengers: press button 2

--

Version 0:

This is the post-jam version, with:

• improved gfx,
  • added music,
  • title & help screen
  • gameplay improvements: passengers are still clumsy but not quite so bad

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Pressing H key in the sprite editor flips the sprite horizontally, but also switches the sprite number to hex mode (Switching to hex should be CTRL-H according to documentation)

Seen in: Pico-8 version 0.2.2c (Linux-64)

1 comment

It seems a lot of line breaks/paragraph breaks are missing from the HTML manual:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/dl/docs/pico-8_manual.html, version v0.2.2c9, seen 29-08-2021.

In many cases where the .TXT version of the manual lists items on separate lines, in the HTML version they are concatenated into a single paragraph. This makes it hard to read.

For example, this section:
https://www.lexaloffle.com/dl/docs/pico-8_manual.html#Extra_keys

1 comment

Cart #drumsterfire-1 | 2021-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone!
I made a drum sequencer intended for live use. It has control over 4 channels (kick, snare, hihat, tom) in 32 steps.

Use X to toggle a slot or a setting, use O to change from the grid to the controls. The first control slot is play/pause, slot 2-5 toggle the 4 channels on or off, + and - control the BPM. The BPM is rounded, let me know whether you need accurate BPM.

If anybody has an idea for different drumsounds etc. do let me know but for now- enjoy!

1 comment

Cart #fimikatijo-0 | 2021-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Special thanks to @SepticLemon for the update idea and thanks to @AdamJ for Extended Keyboard Handler (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3367)
Hold 'Z' to speed up, hold 'X' to slow down, and hold both for super speed!
Every time the ball hits the wall, its speed increases!

1 comment

So I just tried putting Pico 8 onto an old Windows XP laptop of mine. Ran fine, but similar to my Raspberry Pi running the bare metal version of PicoPi, it struggles to connect to the BBS even if there's an internet connection to that laptop.

Now here's the thing, could it be because my $15 purchase is only for a single machine that I installed it onto, and that's why I don't get the full features of Pico8 on my other machines? Is it a User Licence thing?

If not, what would prevent my laptop and Raspberry Pi from connecting to the BBS? They do have an internet connection, the Raspberry Pi uses ethernet, whilst my laptop uses Wifi. They can load lists of the latest, featured and updated games, but when I run the cart it just say "Could not connect to BBS."

Ultimately, what I want to know is, am I getting this error just because I'm using multiple machines and therefore using up my user licence? Or is there some technical issue on my Raspberry Pi and Laptop that I need to look into?

8 comments

Cart #wutugakotu-0 | 2021-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Special thanks to @SepticLemon for the update idea and thanks to @AdamJ for Extended Keyboard Handler (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3367)
Hold 'Z' to speed up, hold 'X' to slow down, and hold both for super speed!
Every time the ball hits the wall, its speed increases!

0 comments

Cart #pubodedugi-0 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #wiyerabiyi-0 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Very simple pong, update inspired by @SepticLemon, Extended Keyboard Handlers by @AdamJ

0 comments

Cart #zehuziyuya-0 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #zehuziyuya-0 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My pong game (made to send to a friend). Update inspired by @SepticLemon, Extended Keyboard Handler created by @AdamJ (used to know if the player is holding Z)
You can now hold Z to double your paddle speed!

5 comments

Finally got around to uploading a game I made for the lowrezjam a few weeks ago! Featuring a procedurally generated world and soundtrack, sailing mechanics, lovers an ocean apart, and birbs.

Cart #on_the_wind-1 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[up]/[down] — lower/raise sail
[left]/[right] — rudder left/right
[z] — open/close chart
[x] — toggle wind (in chart)

Uses a simplex noise implementation by anthonysavatar, and a modified version of geckojsc's RPG dialogue system.

4 comments

Cart #scrollestenolava-0 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A mod of scrolleste that removes the lava.
I thought it would be cool to have a no lava mode. So here you go.

1 comment

Cart #gridrunner-2 | 2021-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My version of Jeff Minter's classic for the Vic 20.

Thanks To

• Finn and Lucas for (briefly) testing
  • Jeff Minter for inspiring my teenage years with his awesome games

Version History

0.82 - 29-Aug-2021 - slowed down and start position of patroller tweaked.

6 comments

[sfx]
A simple remake of a classic NES music track.
Feel free to use with credit.
(Does not use SFX Instruments, since those can't be copied)

3 comments

Cart #cernan_slalom-0 | 2021-08-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

US Astronaut Gene Cernan (pictured here on the left) was a man who was very good at going fast. Not only does he have the land speed record on the Moon (18kph, Apollo 17), he's also clocked the fastest speed that any human has ever flown (39,897kph, Apollo 10). Now it's your turn to see if you can keep up!

Instructions

• Left and right to move.
  • Up and down increase/decrease gravity. (As far as I can tell, Gene isn't able to do this, but we need to level the playing field somehow.)
  • Collect stopwatches to get more time.
  • High scores reset and the course changes approximately every new moon.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

I've been doing some experiments with LZW compress/decompress lately to retake some work on my Isometric engine so I could manage bigger tilesets (compress on string or memory, spr bank switching, etc). Reasonably happy on how this is working... it's a straight forward LZW with 256 dictionary size and 16 root symbols (a.k.a. 16 colour indexes). Works quite well for moderately big images but fares quite badly the moment it runs out of dictionary entries as dictionary is not optimized but generated dynamically both in compression and decompression and it potentially wastes entries with low re-usability or even foldable into later entries (f.e. long single colour runs that would do better on RLE)

Unsure if this will help anyone as there's already other compression solutions through the bbs, but here it goes in case you feel like it can be useful.

See the code for info on how to use it, the compression generates a small header (2 bytes for width/height) and the compressed string. The decompression can use pset/sset/mset or an internal pxset function that can write screen-format blocks at arbitrary memory addresses (lower performance than native funcs if you are writing to spr,map or screen though).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #skateboomer-0 | 2021-08-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

an autobiographical game about picking up skateboarding at 35 years old, made over the course of a workday since my job gives us one unrestricted hack day per quarter

left and right to balance on the board

technically no scoring or end goal, but you get to listen to that sweet chiptune loop of the first 4 bars of goldfinger's superman for a little bit longer if you avoid falling down

0 comments

I'm currently working on a tutorial for fitting sprite graphics into tweetcarts (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=44375), but I've run into a problem. I have a lot of text to upload, but the BBS seems to be putting arbitrary limits on how much I can fit into a post, and it's very frustrating.

I'm already stretching the tutorial into multiple posts because for some reason it won't let me add any more text to the intial post, but now it won't even let me upload a reasonably-sized bit of code into a post by itself. I put a similarly-sized chunk of code into the previous post, but in the next one I can only post about 60% of that amount. Any more and the little loading animation just endlessly loops and nothing gets uploaded. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it.

6 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->