BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Dijkstra Map visualizer

Cart #dijkstra_visualizer-0 | 2021-08-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

While trying to follow a talk on map generation on youtube I created some demos. Here is one that is most functional and most pretty so far.

Controls:

• Arrows: move the cursor
  • Z: Calculate a new map starting from the cursor
  • X: Generate new cave

Explanation:

Dijkstra maps contain information about distance from each point on the graph to a set starting point. In this case the graph is a generated cave-like map and the point is picked at random, but can be changed with arrow keys + Z.

After the Dijkstra map is calculated the cave map is colored like this:

• Walls are black.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #rnd_suno_pi_toki_pona_2021-2 | 2021-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Today is the 20th birthday of the minimalist conlang "toki pona". An event is held to celebrate that. I made a small PICO-8 cartridge to celebrate it.

Controls: UP/DOWN -- move time one hour ahead or behind

LEFT/RIGHT -- control the wind

O+X (Z+X on keyboard by default) -- activate easter egg

Changelog:

Version 2 (current) -- fixed time calculation so the cartridge doesn't crash long before or after the event.

Version 1:

Cart #rnd_suno_pi_toki_pona_2021-1 | 2021-08-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #princesonggame-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Desc

A demake of a song from The Little Prince on Netflix (couldn't find track, all was made from memory.)

Controls

Movement

Press ⬅️ ➡️ ⬆️ ⬇️ or any of the arrow keys to move around in the plane

Bark

Press 🅾, ❎ or Z, X to bark

Music

[sfx]
Just a basic loop of 16 notes, nothing special to talk about the music.

0 comments

Cart #sahisagabe-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

suwuss

0 comments

Cart #tile_map_thing-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just picks which sprites to use for each tile.

Maze not included.

1 comment

Cart #heli_practice-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first short, simple game attempt while learning some of the basics of PICO-8. There's a lot of collision issues and some Space Invader ripping off, but it's... a game?

0 comments

Hi, I made a pause/wait function. Feel free to use.

timer=1
p=0

function _update()
 pause(5)--Wait 5/30 frames then do what is in the if loop
 if timer==1 then
 end
end

function pause(p)
 if timer>p then
  timer=0
 end
 timer+=1
end

Cart #nafipoyede-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #atharv_blenterdabungen-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Play my new game,Blenter da Bungen.
Its a amazing platformer taking place in a dungeon with spikes bricks, and floaautuidf bueucgigywecty eye balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will be gratfi;ll i u plee gem.
pwees.

0 comments

Cart #shanexlanetx-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #calvin_platfor-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #calvin_platfor-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

I've looked around and found out that literally no one has posted anything about attempts to implement BASIC on the PICO-8, which honestly kinda disappointed me. BASIC is, well, basic, so I would have thought someone would have at least tried to implement it... and now I want to do it.

Thoughts?

3 comments

~ ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~
Open the main menu (e.g. with Enter), toggle the COLORBLIND option, and then select CONTINUE to see the result.

Cart #fepasozuti-0 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

~ ~ INFO ~ ~
Hi all!

I've been messing around with PICO-8 after using it briefly a little while ago, and I've been having a lot of fun! But I was working on a game that involved a red ball on green grass, and I realized that this wouldn't be very accessible to a lot of players with colorblindness, even if the contrast was really nice for players without colorblindness. I decided, in my case, the best solution was to add a simple "colorblind mode", and that's where this code snippet comes from.

This is not perfect at all, but basically it manipulates the palette to give much better contrast in many situations for the three common types of colorblindness (red-blind, green-blind, and blue-blind), though most of all for red- and green-blindness, mainly focusing on shifting reds to orange and greens to blue (as suggested by the various accessibility manuals I looked at).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #snake_to_the_future-0 | 2021-08-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Play a game of Snake!
However, all inputs are sent to the past.
The longer your snake gets the farther your inputs travel into the past.

3 comments

Cart #gewunehimo-0 | 2021-08-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Bubble Battle

Cart #bubblebattle-1 | 2021-08-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This second little PICO-8 game was created for the Mini Jam 84: Bubbles.

About the game:

In this game you play the heart that is kept alive in the sea by an oxygen bubble. To survive you have to collect oxygen. Watch out: dangers lurk in the water like dangerous poisons and bombs. Avoid or destroy them with the help of your oxygen, which can serve as ammunition!

During the entire duration of the game, your freedom of movement is restricted by a single accessible area in the water. Will you survive?

Unlockable achievements are integrated in the game for even longer fun in the game.

I hope you enjoy the game!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #donusikofa-0 | 2021-08-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a little something I made learning to use Pico-8 recently. I know it's messy and simple, but I always have fun toying around with Pico-8!

Hold [x] for good fun!

0 comments

Cart #amoguscelestegame-0 | 2021-08-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

The sussy impostor has infected a volcano while you were setting up a... space... ship..? I don't understand it either lol. He just called a meeting (even though he's part of the lava, I honestly don't know how he became a separate part at this point), and is now going to overflow your fantasy console's memory.

Credits

@taco360 (creating Volcana)
@noel (creating the original Celeste)

18 comments

Cart #shrimpgame-1 | 2021-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

now my shrimp guy keeps clipping through the tiles :(

8 comments

Cart #navonova_wip1-0 | 2021-08-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Greetings to all, I enter this forum for the first time to upload the cart I am working on, a tutorial of the fanzine that will become known to you and in which I have been adding things with the help of my good friend Jevilon who is helping me to understand this.
I have ported the game to version 0.2.0I in the hope that it will work on the Pocket Chip and thus continue modifying the code to kill the cart during the holidays.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->