BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #fujaromoji-0 | 2021-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Home

A game that's very unpolished, but that means a lot to me personally

Decryption

You wake in an inn on a idyllic island floating in the void. Can you find out what this place is, who the people inhabiting it are and why you are here? You are left to your own devices, and can look for these answers while wandering in the gardens of this strange world. All while deciding you want to leave by. Home is a tiny walking simulator about mystery and unguided exploration.

Backstory, for those who care for some reason

I made this game about two years ago, and it's the first game that I "finished". There's some debugging stuff in the top left I'm too lazy to take out, there's almost no real content, there's no music, and the "puzzle" design is just atrocious with one specifically being waaaay too cryptic. Not too mention the spelling erros and glitches. However, I'm still very proud that I managed to make it in the end, and I actually think the core game holds up in its own way. It's worth uploading, at least.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #nadinugabu-2 | 2021-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

Arrows: Move cursor

X: Select, change sand color

O: Turn sand on/off

4 comments

I'm just curious how you might save data easily that would otherwise be a bit much for the usual 64 number limit of dset/dget. I am trying to store high scores and have tried a lot of things and just ended up confused, the data format is something like:

AAA - time (minutes:seconds) - clicks
(1 byte per letter) - (1 for m, 1 for s) - 1 for clicks <---when I tried poke this is how I approached it

I wish to store different scores for each difficulty so people can compete at different levels and probably about 10 scores per difficulty (though I don't mind going lower if I have to). I tried dset and dget but it didn't provide enough spaces for data, and so I was looking at peek and poke, I should be able to store it no problem then but then how do I make the data persistent? even though I saved to the persistent data area in memory, it is empty when I reload the game, do I need cstore? and if so, I read that that doesn't work with browser played games so it isn't really going to work for me either right?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #tardis_toolkit-1 | 2021-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple tech demo I threw together after months of fiddling around with ideas.
It's barebones, pseudo-3D but it works.
Inspired by Doctor Who's titular spacetime-timespace travelling vehicle, as well as a fellow BBS member Trasevol_Dog's post "Lands of Yocta."

l/r/u/d left/right/up/down
z/x to move backward/forward
s set coords to inside TARDIS interior
(or z+x+up+down if on mobile)

You spawn in the overworld, which is just near 0,0. You will see The Doctor's Type-40 TARDIS among some very programmer-art grass. Either match the x,y,z coordinates to 102,102,102, or hit 'S' to enter into the TARDIS, where you will see your TARDIS Console.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #picojump-0 | 2021-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Jump

Created by Sasha Kuechenmeister & Raphael Ofeimu

Let us know what you think of the game!

(Personal high score = 1016)

4 comments

Vingals!

Vingals is a mod of Fingals by Kamera (a mod of Celeste 2 by EXOK Games) that replaces Elaina's Spelunking Hook with a vertical one.

This mod is quite difficult and I highly recommend you play Fingals if you haven't already: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=43065

Changes (not including those made in Fingals):

• Grappling hook only works vertically
  • You can only pick up an item if you are in the air
  • Crumble blocks will break when you push against them
  • Grapple cooldown lowered from 6 to 5
  • A few checkpoints added to make pogoing sections slightly more bearable o_O
  • Title screen???

Cart #vingals-0 | 2021-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

All credit for the original game goes to Noel, Maddy, and Lena https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/celeste-classic-2

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

magic force is a FPS where you play a sorcerer trying to save the world from aliens and robots.
Use (z) to open doors, (x) to throw fireballs, and arrowkeys to move/rotate.

At this time, i'm finishing the engine, and the first level is wip.
Don't go out of the map !

Cart #dekipugaye-4 | 2021-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #altpal-0 | 2021-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's another alternate palette cart, although this one is a bit more optimized and easy to put in a game with just ONE function!

Function if anybody wants to copy it:

function altpal()
 for i=0,15 do
  pal(i,i+128,1)
 end
end

Basically how it works:

As you can see from the gif, there is a menu-item that will change the palette from the regular PICO-8 palette to the alternate one.

That's pretty much it, just a little base for any games taking advantage of this

Also, if you want to learn more about these alternate colors, Lazy Devs has a much more in-depth **

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #zegegawido-0 | 2021-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You can use this if you want, just give credit to me.

0 comments

Cart #fokmawope-0 | 2021-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

There is only one character in the game so far and its the copycat.
OG game by Nicky Case

0 comments

Cart #kudodunaze-0 | 2021-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Im done with the basics, but can someone help me with the enemy stuff?

2 comments

Comes with a PICO-8 license. 1024*768 10 inch screen for a pixel-perfect 6x scale.

5 comments

Cart #noutaja_tulee-2 | 2021-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Noutaja tulee

11 comments

Hi! I'm in the middle of trying to make a 2-D platformer as my first game, and I've been wondering how I would do something like this.
I want the player to spawn on a specific map tile with a specific flag. I don't want to have to jot down the specific tile to record for each spawn location, but if it is what I need to do then so be it. Any help at all would be appreciated!

1 comment

Cart #fingals-0 | 2021-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

10 comments

Cart #wosigiziwo-0 | 2021-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I've been playing around with hex maps, so I thought I'd share this simple cart. Arrow keys moves cursor, Z changes tileset.
Have fun!

1 comment

Note: NOT MY GAME, this is a mod of skulldude that adds color. check out the original here https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=45622#p

Cart #gobhiratu-0 | 2021-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #nostalgia-1 | 2021-08-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Nostalgia is a mod of Celeste Classic created by KikooDX and Massena.

We decided to focus on player experience and narrative level design to create a new experience.

Special thanks to the original creators of Celeste Classic Maddy Thorson and Noel Berry, and to Meep for creating Smalleste.

Update 2021-8-3: improve atmosphere and game lisibility by changing decor color according to current zone.

13 comments

NOTE: This is NOT my game, this is just a mod for Porklike by lazydevs that adds more color
go thank them for the amazing game!

Cart #prkclrmod-3 | 2021-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #niwagihse-0 | 2021-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A 0-Player game showing how firelies slow synchronise their bioluminescence over time.

Enjoy!

Controls
CRTL + R: Resets the program

Arrow keys: reveal more infomation

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->