BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #duck_pond-0 | 2021-02-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was mainly a study for me on making interesting-looking water with basic reflection/distortion. I think it turned out fun. Just relax by the pond and watch the ducks.

2 comments

Help Little Witch as she wanders through the forest gathering ingredients for her magical brews!

This is the first game I've ever made...let me know what you think :)

Cart #littlewitch-5 | 2021-02-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

9 comments

Cart #cosmonaut_test-0 | 2021-02-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my very first cart for the Pico 8. Not much here yet, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making learning

0 comments

Cart #bob_omb_battlefield-0 | 2021-02-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I was kind of bored so I made this.

1 comment

Hey all!

A while ago I started working on a little platformer with a portal/hole mechanic. The idea was that you could toggle a hole through a level that would let you move through a parallel level and solve puzzles. I was working with a "modern" game engine and getting that to work was a breeze; I started thinking about how to nail that effect on pico-8 about a week ago but didn't begin writing it until last weekend. Turns out by using tline and some help from the pico-8 discord it took a couple of hours. Now I'm working on finishing it and releasing the game by the end of the month.

This is what it currently looks like:

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

- Gabe

4 comments

Cart #astar_flowerpicker-0 | 2021-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a self playing game, intended to demonstrate the A* algorithm. The character will perpetually go outside to pick flowers, then put them in planters in their house. It's probably something I'll build on later but it's fun to watch the algorithm work. It sometimes (rarely) hits a bug where it won't go to put down the flower. I haven't tracked it down yet.

5 comments

Cart #catwalk-3 | 2021-02-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first PICO-8 game!

It's also my first non-endless-arcade-type game really.
Let me know what you think!
<3

9 comments

Cart #robocopzx-0 | 2021-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made this cover of one of my favorite songs ever, the robocop game theme by Johnathan Dunn (You may also know it as the ariston commercial song or from Gilbert 3), pretty happy with how it came out

7 comments

Cart #mermaid_flight-0 | 2021-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Started making this game a few years back. Just got around to finishing it up.

It's a one button game. I started with the idea of making a game in which you only had control part of the time and this is where I landed.

It's a game in which you get to play a mermaid that happens to only be able to accelerate upwards out of water. The trick is to use that upward acceleration to control how deep you'll end up going when you descend due to gravity.

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment

Cart #picomen-2 | 2021-02-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the complete, post-jam version of my submission to the 2020 Toy Box Jam

Picomen!

PICOMEN is a classic turned-based strategy RPG flattened into a straight line. Battles are about learning your enemies' weaknesses, carefully organising your team and improvisation. This post-jam version includes three story lines, branching quests, challenging bosses and all new user interface improvements!

There's an element of learning-as-you-go with this one, so listen to "Helpy" and good luck!

Icon Guide

• hearts: lose them and you die
  • attack: does direct damage that is absorbed by armour
  • armour: reduces most damage but is weakened by physical attacks
  • poison: does damage each round but any amount of armour blocks a poison attack completely
  • fire: does one less damage each round, initial attack damage is reduced by armour
  • ice: does direct damage that is reduced by armour
  • bolt: does direct damage that is unaffected by armour
  • food/coins: currency used for other skills

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #avatar-0 | 2021-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #toyrogue-5 | 2021-03-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to TOYROGUE. Fight your way through an endless dungeon of horrors in this turn-based rogue-like.

ATTACK randomised enemies in turn-based combat

EQUIP randomised items to power-up your murder hobo

THROW bad items at the enemies to lower their stats!

EAT fortune cookies

CHOOSE to be a dragnet of death and entropy or skillfully navigate your way through the dungeon

Made in Pico-8 for ToyBoxJam2020

Known issues

The game can sometimes crash after the victory/defeat screen. (Thanks @maskedluka for spotting this!)

Version history

1.05 - Fixed a bug where an infinite combat loop could start when running away from enemies into a wall. (Thanks @Mumuko!)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #beatsync-2 | 2021-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

beat sync
a game by kiptok

find the track
that matches yours
sync with it
have fun:)

0 comments

I made an image demake tool for PICO-8. Load any image and create a dithered image that uses PICO-8 standard colors and/or hidden colors and is reduced to a maximum width and height of 128 x128. Depict supports Ordered, Atkinson, Floyd-Steinberg, and Sierra2 dithering as well as some artistic dithers: Rivers, Streets, Rain, Wind. Drag and drop the final result into the PICO-8 sprite sheet. Free on itch: Depict

All feedback welcomed.

Mix and match standard and hidden colors, but do do not exceed 16.

Rivers dither adds horizontal ripples.

Streets dither creates maze-like artifacts.

Rain dither makes vertical steaks.

Wind dither produces slashes.

Atkinson Dither

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Hello, it's clear that here are only best cartriges posted but i post now something really bad :D
I've tried to experiment with some music and something psychodelic appeared. Maybe that's how i feel right now.
(what if my son sees it ;) )

Cart #psycho-1 | 2021-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

I've bundled up my improvements for the gamepad problems in HTML exports I described over in another thread as a plate.

Features

• Full Dpad support.
  • Gamepads are only assigned to players when they first press a button. This way if you have multiple gamepads you aren't stuck with whatever order the browser decides to assign them to P1, P2, etc.

Usage

• Download the release of Nettie's Gamepad from github.
  • Unzip.
  • Go to the PICO-8 plates folder. (Run FOLDER in PICO-8 to open the carts folder, go up one level, the plates folder should be alongside.)
  • Copy netties_gamepad.html into the plates folder.
  • Load up your game in PICO-8.
  • Export with EXPORT YOURGAME.HTML -P NETTIES_GAMEPAD
1 comment

Cart #nmsudipe-2 | 2021-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made for the Toy Box Jam 2020
Use Up/Down/Left/Right to move
Press X to buy upgrades
Press O to rappel (if you've bought it)

...there's no real end goal.

2 comments

Cart #nightlight-0 | 2021-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Small little game jam game. Change the phases of the moon by using your moon lamps!

2 comments

Cart #juziryiyu-1 | 2021-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->