BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #winterwood-2 | 2021-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You can also play it on itch.io here!

CONTROLS
Arrows: Walk
Z/X: Rotate Camera

ABOUT
This is a short but sweet game about trekking through the woods to make a special delivery.

This was made over parts of October and December 2020 for the PICO-8 Advent Calendar 2020. It was a great excuse for me to finally dig into some of the newer PICO-8 features added since my last big project, particularly tline and oval drawing.

Special thanks to thattomhall for playtesting and freds72 for providing me his textured polygon function! (It is used with minor modifications for drawing various elements of the house.)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

20 comments

Cart #christmassneks-5 | 2021-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first Pico-8 game. Entered in Toy Box Jam 2020.

Tis the season to sing carols, drink nog, and decorate the night with Christmas sneks.

Press an arrow key to change the direction of the snek and connect bulbs to the live wire at the front of the snek to light them up. Build a long snek or a short snek. Ride the high speed rail to get around faster.

This is a mellow game with no set goals, but beware! If you touch the live wire to the snek you will create a short circuit!

When you are happy with your snek, press X to go to the forest and plant a tree decorated with your snek. Then go build another snek so you can plant another tree.

Merry Christmas and may 2021 bring you only good things.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #moonrace-0 | 2020-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

📕 INSTRUCTIONS 📕

• Choose a ship.
  • Play all 3 races of the moon tournament.
  • After each race, you earn points for your finishing position and number of ships you destroyed.
  • Accumulate the most points at the end of the tournament to win!

🎮 CONTROL 🎮

In Moonrace you have no control over direction. Focus on the velocity control and manage your weapons the best you can to win the race.

• Player 1: X or V to Fire; Z or C to Thrust
  • Player 2: Q or A to Fire; SHIFT or TAB to Thrust

You can play with up to 8 players. The game supports controllers.
You can have 2 players on the same controller with the "double control" option in the pause menu (Left/Right on the controler become Fire/Thrust). Use the Fire button to cycle between ships on the selection screen.

📊 SHIP SPECS 📊

• ACCEL : How fast the ship reaches maximum speed
  • STEER : How fast the ship turns
  • BRAKE : When thrust is not used, time spent to stop moving
  • CROSS : Ability to drive outside the range of the gravity track
  • FIGHT : Cooldown between weapons
  • ARMOR : Durability of your ship

🎯 WEAPONS 🎯

• MISSILE : shoot a single missile (5 damage in a zone)
  • HOMING FLARE : Look for the race race leader and deal 3 dmg on impact
  • MACHINEGUN : Fire 25 bullets dealing 1 damage each
  • MINE : drop 3x mine ( 3 damage in a small zone )
  • SHOCKWAVE : short-circuits ships and mines. Also reboot your system if you've been targeted by shockwave.
  • NITRO BOOST : Huge acceleration for .5 second. Use with caution
  • SHIELD : Protect you from any harms. Also damage your opponents

📜 CREDITS 📜
CODE : BoneVolt / Benjamin Soulé
GFX : BoneVolt
MUSIC : Jamaass

21 comments

Cart #randomrush-0 | 2020-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

control: use arrow for move cursor, "x" select/swap 2 icon

it is a fuse between candycrush and tetris , use cursor for move icon and align 3 same for destroy it.
If icon is out up screen , you lose.

[in progress]

craft system
icon animation

[in progress]

i only make a code , i don't use any code of democart.
sprites/sfx: tom hall
sprites/sfx: lafolie
platforming anims: toby hefflin
music: gruber

make for toyboxjam 2020

0 comments

Cart #stolecoal-4 | 2020-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

WHO STOLE THE COAL?

A Personal Story and a Game

In 1977, I got an amazing gift from my parents...an Atari 2600. This game shares that story. (Company name changed for parody purposes.) It was one of the moments that changed the course of my life forever. Run the game to see that moment...

As for the game:

WHO STOLE THE COAL?

Santa got home and found no coal for his furnace! His house is cold. He hear whispers that the Abominable Snowbeast took all nine of his coal chunks, along with nine of his elves, and SIXTY of his cookies! Fortunately, the Abominable Snowbeast sleeps at sunset, so Santa can sneak in and get his coal back!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #last_smoke-2 | 2020-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls: USE ARROW KEYS FOR SUBTLE GRAVITY.

Wanted to share my first proper pico project.
About having only one cigarette left (or not...? what?!)

I used this to make a music video for my band (see youtube embed). DISCLAIMER->GERMAN MUSIC

At the moment it's more of a demo/screensaver, but I would like to turn it into a minigame, or a system of mini games ; if there's fun in it somewhere. So i'm open to ideas :-)

Was thinking of the trope of an "alien brood mother" spitting out mini enemy's. (pack -> cigarettes)
And chaotic controls like only being able to apply gravity/momentum to all objects.

The physics engine is relatively sturdy, except for the lack of Separating_Axis_Theorem, some minor tunnelling and items getting trapped in each other.

I used Chris Heckers impulse physics articles from the 90s and a dynamically subdivided "intra-frame-crawl-while-loop-thingy" to resolve collisions chronologically. and the "Pool hall lessons" article on gamasutra for early false returns (which should be followed by an S.A.T. check which I have yet to write...) So could be waaaay more efficient.

Glad to share some cleaned up functions if anyone needs them (though the code is pretty legible).
important: USES METATABLE CHANGES FOR VECTOR MATH!! (see tab 4 / --metatables--)

Shoutout to the community for the amazing and helpful threads, and specially to lazydev @Krystman for his fantastic (and very funny) youtube series (LG aus Kölle).

Hope you get a giggle out of this one.

Merry Christmas,
Phume

[youtube]youtu.be/5VA9RJf8Cro

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #tmjakaf-1 | 2020-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I wanted to explore using Pico-8 to create quick artistic things. This is what I came up with while playing, and thought other newbies might be interested in how it works.
To get the Ninomae Ina'nis art in, I used GIMP to index the official art to a custom Pico-8 pallet.

Over-all, I'm kinda happy with how this quick toy turned out.

0 comments

Cart #candy_bomber_1_1_2-0 | 2020-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Candy Bomber

Original version released December 25, 2020

Based on Operation Little Vittles, this is "Candy Bomber." Fly your plane, avoid Soviet planes buzzing by, and most importantly, drop as much candy as you can onto the occasional pink airfields.

This game is dedicated to Colonel Gail Seymour Halvorsen of the United States Air Force, as well as all those who served in the Berlin Airlift. Halvorsen founded Operation Little Vittles, raising morale in the city of Berlin by airdropping candy to the residents below. His actions were initially unauthorized, but he soon became a national hero.

I initially wrote the basis of this game two years ago, but it sat unfinished until I decided to fix it up and release it this year. The code is barely held together. I regret not finishing this two years ago, or last year -- and I barely did this year due to a bad bout of depression -- but I felt obligated to finish it while Halvorsen, who is at the time of writing 100 years old and sadly in the hospital with COVID-19, was still around. Special thanks to kittenm4ster for their

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #tiwajigha-0 | 2021-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

UPDATE: 7/11/21

New engine, new intro, 50 rings to fly through. Check back for more updates!

3 comments

Cart #brettski_mines2-2 | 2022-02-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mines2

Back at it with a refactored version of the first Mines game. The goal here is learning and fun, and this project has been both of those for me.

Play

• Arrow keys to move around
  • x to select tile
  • z to set flag on tile

Features

• Minesweeper clone ('cuz there ain't enough of them)
  • Level-progression game play
  • Game field scrolls larger than game view to support super-big game fields
  • Field continues indicator arrows
  • Better performance at 30fps
  • Intentional no mouse control to support handhelds

Hmm, that was shorter than I expected :). I wanted to refactor what I did in the first one and add levels. Which I did and they are working. It still ugly, but, well, okay. Could use some sound and music too 😉

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

uh, hello? hello? is this thing on?

a horse is a horse, of course, of course...

0 comments

Rolling right in at 280 characters - a randomised snowflake generator Tweetcart. Merry Christmas!

Cart #snowflake_tweetcart-0 | 2020-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

t,r,c,s,l=0,rnd,cos,sin,line
::_::
cls(0)
if(t%30==0)q,p,g,b=t,r(1),r(25)+10,r(0.2)+0.1
srand(q)
for i=0,1,0.03 do
d,e=i*50,r((i^p*g)*(1-i)^p)for a=0,1,0.17 do
v=a+t/500x,y=64-s(v)*d,64+c(v)*d
l(x,y,x-s(v+b)*e,y+c(v+b)*e,6)
l(x,y,x-s(v-b)*e,y+c(v-b)*e,7)
end
end
t+=1flip()
goto _
0 comments

Golden Goblet

Cart #goldengoblet-1 | 2020-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my entry for the #ToyBoxJam 2020! The idea is that we're given specific sprites to make a game with in Pico-8 in less than 2 and 1/2 weeks.
I made this in one week. It's a simple platformer. Have fun!

📕Story📕

You are Ninjoe, a ninja from Meadow Village. One day, your friend Adam falls ill with an unknown illness.
The village elder suggests you journey to acquire the Golden Goblet of Legend, said to cure those who drink from it of any and all sickness!
The elder claims the goblet is located in an underground palace engulfed by the Primeval Forest.
It is a dangerous place. No one who has journeyed to the palace of the goblet has ever returned!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

[sfx]
My cover of Mother Earth from Mother/Earthbound Beginnings.

1 comment

Cart #flipknight-0 | 2020-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I maintained a tweet-log whilst developing this, if you're curious:

https://twitter.com/st33d/status/1335279243371143170

16 comments

Goblet Palace Development: Day 5

The final level is now complete! Now comes the bug testing, polishing, implementing the good and bad ending, etc. Also I'm changing the game's name to Golden Goblet.

1 comment

Cart #spacegame_20_minutes-0 | 2020-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I made a game in 20 minutes. this is the code:

function _init()
 pos = 2
 ob = nil
 obn = nil
 speed = 3
 gametime = 1
 lost = false
end

function _update()
 if not lost then
  gametime += 1
  if btnp(⬅️) then
   pos -= 1
   if pos < 1 then
    pos = 1
   end
  end
  if btnp(➡️) then
   pos += 1
   if pos > 3 then
    pos = 3
   end
  end

if not ob then
   if flr(rnd(2)) == 1 then
    ob = pos
   else
    ob = flr(rnd(3))+1
   end
   obn = 8
  end
  if gametime%(ceil(30/speed)) == 0 then
   if obn then
    if obn == 1 then

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=85722#p)
0 comments

Cart #robotinker_cyberline-0 | 2020-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a remake of a game I saw my partner playing on the television. It kept playing ads, so I thought I'd take a stab at making it myself.

So now you can play it on your phone! Merry Christmas, Shogen! <3

4 comments

Cart #raindrop-0 | 2020-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is first game I've ever worked on, but it wasn't a one person operation, over 90% of the development of this game was streamed Live on Twitch​ scroll down to see everyone who's helped, or check out the credits at the end.

Before we get into the gameplay, I wanted ask if you'd consider supporting this game so we can make more games in the future. https://abemassry.itch.io/rain-drop

Now that that's out of the way, let's begin.

Rain Drop starts out as a single particle in the upper atmosphere. There are water molecules dancing around due to Brownian motion, as you collect them you start to fall. Your goal is to make it to the ground. You collect more and more droplets but there are obstacles that are preventing you from hitting the ground and watering the plants. Dodge the obstacles, collect the other droplets and make it all the way down while chilling out to a chillwave soundtrack.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

I have a Raspberry Pi 4, and I'm not sure if Voxatron works on it. Does anyone have any experience with trying to make Voxatron work on one?

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->