BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

It is not possible to present actual keys being used by pico in game.
Pico8 keyconfig can be used to remap keys.

Proposal:

keyconfig id [player]
returns the character being used for button id and player (default 0)
4 comments

Cart #ksd_menu-3 | 2021-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #iced_islands-0 | 2021-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #ksl_ending-0 | 2020-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

14 comments

Hi!

I seem to have stumbled across a slight bug with mixing audio rates on separate channels while working on a game.

Basically, I have channels 2,3 and 4 set at half rate, while channel 1 is at the normal rate, to get a bit higher range for the sfx in game. I have only channel 4 reserved for music by calling music(0,0,0b0001) in _init(), and since that's one of my half rate channels, I'd want stat(24) to accurately provide the pattern its playing currently. However, it seems this only works some of the time, and it can get out of sync pretty easily.

In the cart here, I've separated the music things from my game and made some easier to interpret statistics, but the bug still happens. Here I've made all the music patterns different, every pattern has a different note, and groups of 4 patterns use different instruments, so you can hear where in the sequence the song is. And just to make sure: The audio plays back correctly, the thing that's not working is what stat(24) reports as the current pattern.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #tetrismas-6 | 2020-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made for the 2020 PICO-8 Advent Calendar
All code and graphics by me

1 comment

Hello, how you doing.
Well, I have found the PICO-8 Discord really useful, and the other day, I tried to enter the IRC chat, but it told me that it had been moved to another location or deleted.
Was it moved, deleted or neither?
If it has only be moved, how can I access it?
It's not life or death, because I already have the Discord, but just out of curiosity.+
BTW: I put it on the chat category, couldn't find a better one

2 comments

Cart #procgen-0 | 2020-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

RANDOM LEVEL GENERATOR MADE BY MEEP
I simply tweaked the code to make it have 32,000 levels :)

16 comments

Cart #the_lost_night-4 | 2021-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Changelog

1.3 [23/02/2021]

• Better Luisa

1.2 [22/02/2021]

• Added all the missing NPC/Buildings content
  • Final Scene
  • Improved Dog logic
  • Improved baddies logic
  • Make sure to remove a message on battle
  • Balancing changes

1.1 [17/10/2020]

• Changed the door asset to make it more visible.
  • Stop spawning enemies when you exit a room.
  • The whole world is open! You can navigate all the world sections.

1.0 [15/10/2020]

• First area of the game available
  • Walk around and talk to the citizens of this weird looking town
  • Battle spooky spooks.

This is a work in progress

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #lotsocolors-2 | 2020-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a simple pico-8 program that I thought I would share. The concept is simple; it's drawing circles where the center is a point on an (hidden) circle, incrementing the color each time. You can adjust the radius of the hidden circle by using left/right and the amount of circles being drawn with up/down. Since it never clears the screen, it gives really nice visuals with the trails left behind by the circles.

edit: there is now a version 1.1, which allows you to press x/o to swap whether or not screen clearing is on or not. While this looks much more boring, it allows to see how it works much better.

Cart #lotsocolors-3 | 2020-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #hello_pico8-1 | 2020-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first PICO-8 program, with a sine and negative effects (non-interactive).

2 comments

Cart #scarf_2_editor-2 | 2020-12-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #scarf_2_demo-5 | 2020-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Conway's Game of Life! Not a very ambitious project but my first complete one. Enjoy!

Cart #fotogedebo-0 | 2020-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #kokirgeki-0 | 2020-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Bitflip: A game made in 48 hours for the university of liverpool game dev soc game jam 2 for the theme choice. Ripoffed from Inspired by If on a winters night a traveller by Italo Calvino.

Made in Pico-8.

0 comments

How to reproduce:

• launch cart
  • set custom screen palette:
pal({140,1,139,3,4,132,133,7,6,134,5,8,2,9,10},1)
  • load data:
reload(0,0,0x4300,"cart2.p8")
  • while data gets processed, hit "pause"
  • bug: screen palette gets reset

Can be reproduced on POOM on the loading screen (https://freds72.itch.io/poom)

1 comment

Cart #alpine11-0 | 2021-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

If you'd like to support my work, feel free to make a small contribution to my ko-fi page.
Made a little chill climbing platformer. Let me know what you think!
x- Jump
o- use stamina coin
When your stamina bar runs out, you can't jump or cling to walls. You can replenish stamina by landing on the ground, or spending a green coin. Gold coins will increase your max stamina.

Patch notes:
1.1:
-Onscreen timer during gameplay
-Win messages for not using green coins
-Minor changes to climbing intended to address no clip bugs and weird interactions when dismounting the bottom of a wall

97 comments

Cart #xmas_coal-3 | 2020-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Deep below the North Pole, Santa needs YOU to find some tasty anthracite to plop in some bad kid's stocking. Unfortunately the elves have already excavated most of the coal in the mines. The elves and an explorer have been digging deeper to try and find more coal... what could go wrong?

A quick little exploration game for the Holiday 2020 bundle. Happy holidays!

4 comments

Cart #bourgeoisie_bob-0 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Please share this game with your friends if you like it or if it made you laugh!

Hey there! Here's another game that I made in the span of 48h. It's a game based on the legendary meme about Ronald Reagan killing all birds and replacing them with spies (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uaCG2lvE9w). Not to be taken seriously, ofcourse, but honestly, have you seen a bird baby lately?

In the game you play Bob, a recent government drone (pigeon) who decided to do whatever he pleases. He now just exclusively eats fries and shits on cars. Use X to propel yourself up by shitting, making sure to hit the cars below! Beat your highscore, and tweet it at me or leave it in the comments on this page so we can see who's the best!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Hi,

I made a little Matrix animation called Pitrix !

Hope you like it. I think I can't be the first one to do it. But that was fun.

Cart #pitrix1-0 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Expected behavior

When running any cart on BBS pressing CTRL-V makes stat(4) read pasted content.

Actual behavior

If the first cart that is run after loading the page is not the top cart then stat(4) fails to read pasted content regardless of which cart is run, even if the top cart is run later.

Environment

Firefox 83.0
Windows 10

Example

All three example carts are the same cart uploaded three times as three revisions to prevent another BBS quirk, which may or may not be a bug.

Run this first and it works:

Cart #ropejibeja-2 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Run this first and it breaks:

Cart #ropejibeja-1 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #monkwars-2 | 2020-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this game in a day for a jam and a break from the game I'm working on. I think it turned out pretty well.

It's a multiplayer game about who can convert the entire area. Standing near structures for a few turns will convert them. Converting castles causes more missionaries to spawn there. Converting houses causes castle missionaries to spawn quicker. Missionaries can also attack the ones on the other team.

Controller:
In white's turn, the white player can select a unit with x, select a square with x, go back with z, do the same to all his units, and then press z to end his turn. Black does the same thing.

Mouse:
In white's turn, the white player can drag his unit to a square he wants it to go. Right clicking will end the turn.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->