BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #rgbzero-1 | 2020-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

RGB Zero is a puzzle platformer: you can only touch things that share a RBG color with you. You start black, you can touch nothing. You will be able to touch walls and coins as you pick the color power-ups.

Controls

â—„â–º - Move
Z/X - Jump

Try to pick as many coins as you can. If you finish the game with 50 coins... nothing will happen! I'll give ou my pro gamer seal of approval though.

Boss

You don't need to attack the boss, just evade his attacks. His HP decrases with each attack. If you get hit you lose a coin.

Made for Ludum Dare 45.

2 comments

Cart #scrap_boy_jam-0 | 2020-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made for GMTK Jam 2020.

• There are 6 power ups. Each power changes your shot and also your movement or other passive abilities.
  • Scrap boy can't control when he swaps power ups. He will swap after some time or when hurt!
  • The bar on the side of your current power shows how much time you have left with that power. When it's fully depleted, your next shot will trigger the swap.
  • You can swap the O and X buttons in the pause menu if needed.

The level design is made in a way that you are able to play the entire game with any of the 6 power-ups. If you want more replayability, try to finish the game with each one, without picking the others :)

3 comments

Cart #jump_man-0 | 2020-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #sobcart-0 | 2020-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made by Jack (jpegsarebad) on the Celeste Classic discord.
Calculates your sum of best, do each level as many times as you like then touch flag at the summit to see your best time.
F+S to change levels.

17 comments

Yesterday I've bought PICO-8 on itch.io and downloaded from there.
Now I wonder if there's a way to add it to this account too.

2 comments

Hi,

Is it just me or did the web player all suddenly become blurry? All Pico-8 games on Lexaloffle look like the pic below. This is on Chrome/Windows 7. This is ok when switching the game to fullscreen though.

7 comments

Cart #mousebattle-0 | 2020-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a game I made for the UCSC Alumni Game Jam #3

theme was inseparable, with a retro mix up.

the idea for the game is that you are inseparable from your controller constantly having to move the mouse to avoid the bombs you're dropping, while avoiding obstacles and racking up as many points as you can.

0 comments

So, I decided to work on my little game today when for some unexplainable reason, when I try to load my game in the console I'm greeted with the message 'could not load'. I don't know why this happens, nor what causes it to happen, but this has happened to me three times already and it's infuriating. If there's any way to prevent it, or better yet get me my game back, please tell me! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

-Roverkibb

2 comments

Cart #full_moon_sweet-0 | 2020-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Full Moon Sweet

It's Halloween and you've just gone trick-or-treating. When you get home you and your friends dump your stashes on the floor. Who got the best loot? Who got the most candy? Who cares... before you know it, your candies have come to life, with a thirst for blood and sugar!

Features

• 5 unique candies
  • Unique abilities for each candy
  • Each time you play, your candy and the enemies are randomized

How to play

1. Launch the game
  2. Press z to start the game
  3. During the dialog, you can press x to skip to the end
  4. After each dialog, press z to continue
  5. During battle, press the up and down arrows to select your ability and press the z key to use the ability

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #hot_simba-0 | 2020-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

From that one chinese bootleg

4 comments

The web player is fuzzy/anti-aliased in a recent release. Probably aware, but I didn't see an open bug about it.

0 comments

Big Header

Medium Header

Small Header

italics bold

URL Description

Embed:
[**could not embed: 1234] // cartridge id

This is a code snippet within a line

while (true) do
 color(rnd(8)+8)
 print("multi-line code listing")
end

spoiler or large block of text

List:

• item 1
  • item
0 comments

I've toyed around with the idea of game design, but I've often been overwhelmed with the thought of learning a programming language and using a game engine. I went through most of a C# course on YouTube and played around with Unity and Gamemaker 2. However, I realized that playing around with the systems isn't enough. I need a goal!

PICO-8 got my attention because of the Game Jam version of Celeste. I had a blast, and as I read more about it, I love the fact that you can do so much with so little. The restriction has attracted me because when I have more options just starting out, I feel overloaded. Now I just have to decide what kind of game I want to try to make when getting started.

I have started looking around the carts that are listed. I'd love to see a game that has a Dragon Quest or early Final Fantasy feel. I know those games are probably larger than 32K, but I'd be interested in seeing if something similar could be done. I tried one game that seemed promising, and while I enjoyed my time with it, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. That game was more on the lines of a push-into-the-enemy RPG. I'd still recommend giving it a try! (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=48757#p)

5 comments

I'm trying to find "Little Dragon Adventure" in splore to add it to favourites:

1. Run splore.
  2. Switch to the search tab.
  3. Enter "dragon".
  4. No relevant results.
  5. Enter "little dragon".
  6. "Could not connect to bbs".
  7. Other queries with a space do not work.
  8. May be a hint: "little+dragon" worked, the game was 4th in the list.

Pico-8 0.2.1b on macOS 10.14.5.

I'd also like games with search terms in title to be displayed first, but that's not a priority.

0 comments

Hey,

Pretty new to lua and pico-8

Was wondering if there was a way to set the x and y cords of the mouse so a fps could be made with mouse input aswell

1 comment

Cart #tefuputopi-0 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A simple shooter game I wrote to learn pico8 some time ago, I most likely will leave it as is even though it's not super clear what's going on in terms of animation and the game's too hard.

Code's very not clean I never refactored anything and just went with it.

For the asteroid and ship sprites, I used magicavoxel and spritestack studio then exported in spritestack the animations as sprite sheet to import that in pico8.

Enjoy!

2 comments

Cart #jeyeybati-0 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #random_shape_test-0 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple little cart that draws 3 randomly sized/colo(u)red shapes every 60th of a frame, and plays a short little ditty while doing so. This was made in not-a-lot-of-time at all as a way of getting myself comfy with drawing shapes, _update60(), and stuff that isn't sprites and maps. Not much else to look at, really, unless you're a huge fan of surrealism.

0 comments

Cart #pgtzire-0 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #hubonojuye-0 | 2020-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a demo my son Oliver made this weekend as part of a challenge we made for each other. My creation is BEARMY which is also uploaded. We still have a lot of work to do!

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->