BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

hi!!!

a couple of questions...

I bought the PICO-8 thang (WHICH IS GREAT BY THE WAY!!!) but there is no record of me having done so...

I'd like to download the new version...

the other thing is, do I need to repurchase for each machine I want to use it on?

thanks

7 comments

Was watching a preview of Panic's SDK for their awesome looking https://play.date and they showed off this fun looking Stars example. I decided to re-implement it in Pico-8 and add some interactivity!

• [D-Pad]: influence the direction of the particles
  • [X]: Hold down to slow down the particles
  • [O]: Randomly change the colors of the foreground and background

Cart #playdatestars-0 | 2020-05-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Made a quick and buggy (hah) Frogger.

I wanted to try an hypothesis: I don't think that in the Atari version they do any collision detection at all. Instead, they may use a formula to check whether current position is occupied by an item or not.

Formula in function positem() returns an x position depending on a direction, speed and offset, and is used to draw items and also for checking if there is something on frogger's position (checkrow())

Cart #frogger-0 | 2020-05-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

I recently uploaded a few Pico-8 games to itch.io and different people have told me different keys work for their computer, all on windows. Is there a way to make sure that no matter which computer you run a Pico-8 game on, the keys will always be the same?

Thanks,

Enzo

0 comments

draw= function {
line(10,10,10,10);

};

2 comments

< START
<
< So I started getting into game development a little over a week ago, and I have alot of questions about this place and the fantasy consoles.
< To start out for context of what I've learned so far, I'm gonna link two videos. I've done most of the built in tutorials for game maker and
< the latest one was the "My first arena shooter tutorial". The first link is gonna be footage of what the finished tutorial project is supposed to
< look like a little about how it works, then the second clip is gonna be what I made and what I added and figured out (largely through brute
< trial and error) to do on my own. I have to record on my phone cuz I'm rocking a sweet 2011 macbook air and the appersoft recording
< software I'm used to using on other computers cuts the framerate down into a quarter of what it's supposed to be.
<
< [This is the tutorial version of the game] (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hmiQXs0R1nHapy-cj6Iv2gzJ830rgd4M/view?usp=sharing)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

// Promo video by m7kenji with music by Kyohei Fujita

Shibuya Pixel Art 2020 is accepting submissions until the end of June, and this year there is a new category for 128x128 games! Lexaloffle is sponsoring the game category with a prize (a Picade Cabinet), and by offering a limited number of PICO-8 licenses to participants.

Similar to a game jam, entries should be based on one or more of the following themes: Shibuya, AI, Humanity, Game and/or Landscape. Unlike typical game jams, existing work can be adapted or reused, as long as it did not win a previous contest. You can find previous winning entries for 2018 and 2019.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

mini, a short game i made.

Cart #wuyuziribo-0 | 2020-05-09 | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

I released a game onto itch.io for the first time!

https://enzogray.itch.io/tumbleblox

0 comments

Stay Home

Cart #payebajufi-0 | 2020-04-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a game about social distancing during the Coronavirus pandemic. It was coded for Ludum Dare 46.

Mainly coded from the experience of being in lockdown in the UK.

0 comments

Cart #byjoveludum46-1 | 2020-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

By Jove

My Ludum 46 Compo Entry

Concept

Travel the jovian moons trading to make a profit

Notes

Unfinished, but technically playable. Was right up to the finish line 0_o

0 comments

A walking simulator, made in collaboration with a 7 year old, and using a simulation of a quantum computer.

Apache 2.0 licensed.

Cart #fredventure-3 | 2020-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #bubblewrapgirl-0 | 2020-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Just trialling on how to make a platform game, next up is to try and see how to code her to shoot water from her

0 comments

Cart #su_at_park-1 | 2020-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A game for toddlers to play with basic movements
Inspired by my daughter at park

0 comments

is there fnaf pico8

2 comments

What I'm trying to do is make a typewriter script, but when checking to see that the third line has less characters than the dialogue, I keep running into the same odd error. Is this not a string?

-- typewriter

dialogue = {d1={
	l1="qwertyuiop",
	l2="asdfghjkl",
	l3="zxcvbnm"}}
c_text_1 = "."
c_text_2 = "."
c_text_3 = "."
c_dia = 1

function typewriter(string,wait)
	if frame > wait and #c_text_3 != #tostr(dialogue[("d"..c_dia)[l3]]) then
		sfx(0)