BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Hi
Could someone explain me the mayor changes with these new version?
I know it doesn´t seem important but I would thank a lot anyone who could explain me a little version 0.2.0

Thanks a lot!

4 comments

Hello there
Yesterday I published the monk 3.0 (can´t get tired of it) and when I tried to update it with a new version that included a crhono for thirst. I uploaded (unintentionally) the game 3 times. I don´t know if this has something to do with my problem
Question is that when I tried to play in the BBS it showed me this message

I don´t understand if it is a problem of the code or if is another kind of problem

Please someone help me!

5 comments

Cart #mogra-0 | 2020-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #wordguess-0 | 2020-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Guess the word

Hi, this is my first game for the PICO-8.
It's a word guessing game like hangman, but without the actual man who is going to be hanged.
As this is a word game, it comes in two different flavours:
First there is your typical 'vanilla' English version above and
second I made a version in everyone's favourite language: German.
Feel free to create a version for another language!

Cart #wordguess_de-0 | 2020-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #zoyapiribi-0 | 2020-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #yewogamude-0 | 2020-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Space shooter game using the following tutorial as base: https://ztiromoritz.github.io/pico-8-shooter/

Planning to add more things in the future, such as:

• Camera shake
  • Screen flashes
  • Updated SFX
  • Background music
0 comments

I was making a game (I don't want to spoil it) but I'm sspring a 16x16 sprite on to the screen;

But when it's drawn to the screen it shows up as:

It has weird brown and blue pixels in it's gobbler...

But if I replace one of the pixels;

It dosen't anymore...?

I'm on ver 0.2.0 so maybe that's it? If anyone knows why this is happening please tell me, thanks!

Oh yea; here's the code as well

-- talking

iftalk=false
smoothslidein=0
function coversation()
 taint(0)
 uitoggle=false
 if (smoothslidein<18) smoothslidein+=.5
 nicebox(camx,camy,128+camx,128+camy,â–¥,1,0)

--sspr(0,96,16,16, camx,96+camy, 32,32 )
 sspr(talkinfo.id*16,96,16,16, 96+camx,96+camy, 32,32 )
 --taint(1)
end
11 comments

Cart #thewaronbees-0 | 2020-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

First game in pico-8!

comment your scores

• me
1 comment

In previous versions of PICO-8, pressing the Backspace key would consistently delete the note on the line immediately above the cursor.

In 0.2.0i, it doesn't seem to consistently do that:

On at least one occasion not captured here, Backspace deleted the effect that had just been added, rather than any notes.

This unpredictability makes it frustrating to work, because I don't know what my inputs will do.

6 comments

I've been writing tweetcarts semi-regularly for the past few months, and I've had a tonne of fun doing it, so I thought I'd write up some guides to share what I've learned, and help other people get started. While it can seem intimidating at first, I've been surprised by how approachable it's been.

It is perhaps appropriate that the cosiest game dev environment has a similarly cosy demo scene. You'd be surprised how far you can get with just a few tricks and some lateral thinking, and even something fairly simple can be impressive when you know it fits in a tweet!

If you're not sure where to get started, I'd suggest you check out some existing tweetcarts, and try to add your own spin to them. That's how I ended up getting into tweetcarts: I had just learned about the concept, and I saw this cart by Luca Harris:

And after thinking a little about how it worked, I was inspired to try making something similar.

This is what I came up with:
[tweet]1248017571602788352

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Hi everyone!

So with the new tline function in Pico-8 0.2.0, it seems pretty obvious to start making mapped quadrilaterals and triangles, so I did just that.

Cart #trasevol_tquad_ttri-3 | 2020-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Both functions are independant from each other (i.e. can be used separately) and can be taken from the code here and used in any other project, with or without attribution. (I do appreciate it though! :))

The two functions are:

tquad(xa, ya, xb, yb, xc, yc, xd, yd, mx, my, w, h)
  mx and my are map coordinates (in tiles), and w and h are width and height in tiles. (so w=1 h=1 means drawing one whole tile)
  xa, ya, xb, yb, xc, yc, xd, yd are the screen coordinated for the corners of the quad to be drawn.

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=76381#p)
4 comments

Cart #wafowayowi-2 | 2020-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

How to play (Not complicated):

• Left & right buttons to move the paddle!
  • Clear all the bricks to win!

I'm somewhat new to programming and making games. Back a few months ago I had a university assignment to remake the classic arcade game Arkanoid in C++. This went okay but I struggled a lot being quite unfamiliar with the concepts involved in creating the game and it was a bit of a buggy mess.

This morning I wanted to test myself to see if I can make a simple Breakout clone in Pico-8 and here it is! Really happy with how this has turned out. Made this in a few hours. Hope anyone who stumbles upon this enjoys (:

Note: I am aware of the paddle collison bug. It's something to do with the AABB when moving the paddle.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #motuwosudi-0 | 2020-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here it is

After a long time I ve finished the final version of TheMonk.

Novelties

I´ve removed the music, because I thought that it wasn´t good enough
I´ve improved the sfx a lot
I´ve added the bow, wich is used with c
The monsters now have 2 positions

Tips

Try not to use your weapons to much and spend money carefully
There is less water now
The foxes only attack when they have their tongue out

Special thanks

To all the people who played the original one and gave it a star

If you win post it

Tell me your opinion!

Thanks a lot

Platypus Inc.

2 comments

Cart #pinchpoint-0 | 2020-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My entry for the TweetTweetJam 4 game jam -- a game that fits into two tweets. The code for this game is 559 characters.

Instructions:

• Avoid the green meanie.
  • Shoot it to score points.
  • If you miss, the walls close in.

Controls:

• Move: arrow keys
  • Shoot: X while moving

What's the highest score you can reach?

3 comments

I found a way to get one more follower. And yes whoever thinks this idea is dumb can tell me and I will take this thread down. But what you do is first you go to your profile

Then you see your profile:

Where it says follow:
you click the button.
Then you go to where it says following:

Then you can click on both and they will both have your name at the top

1 comment

shift + q/w can be used to move up/down in the spritesheet, but when zoomed, the number of sprites it moves by seems to be greater than it should be, i.e. different from how normal q/w (left/right) works when zoomed.

(version 0.2.0i)

0 comments

Cart #anise_wheres_twig-2 | 2022-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Please help Star Anise find his best friend in the whole world!

I haven't touched PICO-8 in ages, and I thought it was about time I changed that. Love the recent additions.

Cranked this out in... twelve days, I think? With three tokens and zero compressed bytes to spare. Phew!

edit: Now there's a speedrun version.

47 comments

Cart #telco-1 | 2020-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Telco is a movement based puzzle game. You are testing teleportation technology when something goes awry! Explore 30 levels and level-key input system for returning to play later.

If there are any bugs, let me know and I'll try to fix them asap. I've done some testing but there is always something that I could have missed.

Thanks for playing!

1 comment

Cart #jbanimator-0 | 2020-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a quick WIP animation tool. Not a ton here but I'm having fun.

X: switch between edit & play mode

edit mode controls:
Z: add new frame at end of sequence (copies last frame in sequence)
LEFT: go to prior frame
RIGHT: go to next frame
Mouse: click and drag to move points

Currently no way to save your animation other than gif, so maybe play this in splore?

3 comments

Cart #golfnado_pico_beanborg-0 | 2020-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello! This is my first finished Pico-8 cartridge, made for TweetTweet jam. It all fits in under 560 characters!

Use the tornado's rotational force to fling the ball into the hole!

Do this as many times as you can in just 30 seconds!
(My best is 8)

Controls: Arrow keys to move the tornado

Ctrl + R to restart

It's a mini version of another game I;m working on, [GOLFNADO][https://beanborg.itch.io/golfnado]!

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->