BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

feature request: a keyboard shortcut to switch tabs/pages of the sprite editor. Something like a Page Up/Down.

(if this already exists, someone please let me know!)

holding W technically works but it takes foreverrrr :)

edit: WHOAA I just discovered you can hold Shift + Q/W to go up/down which is a much better workaround! Still I think if there are tabs which are selectable via mouse, they should also be selectable via keyboard somehow.

0 comments

is there a build in function that rotates a drawn tile by 90 degrees for the 4 possible values of 0,1,2 and 3?

2 comments

Cart #payatikura-0 | 2019-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #tanksvslittleguys-0 | 2019-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a tiny game made with some buddies at our company's HackDay!

André, Sugamele, Petroni and Henrique -- 2019

0 comments

Cart #xwinghope-0 | 2019-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

X-Wing Hope

Sua base rebelde foi descoberta e o Império Galático está enviando suas Tie Fighter para iniciar um ataque. Você e sua X-Wing são a última esperança de derrubar a maior quantidade de caças possível até que os reforços cheguem e seus companheiros consigam evacuar o planeta.

4 comments

Cart #craterunner-0 | 2019-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #memeyozedu-0 | 2019-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first "game" using Pico, I'm having a lot of fun so far!

Also, if someone could explain why the walls jump like that it'd be fantastic. I followed the Gamedev With Pico-8 tutorial PDF exactly (I thought) but it doesn't seem to be deleting/creating the walls correctly or in the right order

1 comment

As a feature request, it would be nice if rooms could open like directories. Like actors. It just feels weird to drop place a script object inside the volume, would be nicer to neatly tuck it inside the room object/dir. Separation of concerns and all that. Volume would hold items for render/interactables and code would be placed inside the objects in the designer.

0 comments

Cart #numguess-1 | 2019-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple game for a presentation that I will give at Knoxville Game Design to demonstrate the basic structure of a Pico-8 program.

0 comments

Cart #spaceshipgentest1-0 | 2019-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm putting this out there to outsource my QA and also offer a challenge to any bug-hunters out there:
If you can obtain more than 7 power cores (tracked in the top-left), tell me how you did it. I'm not even sure this is possible, which is good because it really shouldn't be.

0 comments

Cart #pourlandia-0 | 2019-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You're a raincloud, and those pedestrians are looking AWFULLY dry down there.

~~
The core of this game was written on a BoltBus from Portland to Seattle last fall, and I've been tinkering with it ever since. Time to call it done - especially since I've got another bus trip coming up soon! 🤔

This is also the first time I've tried my hand at a boss fight. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

2 comments

Cart #citylimits-0 | 2019-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Drive recklessly and try not to crash in this Reckless Driving Simulator 2019 Extreme Deluxe Edition called City Limits! (DLC not included)

This is a game made for the 219th One Hour Game Jam, the theme of which was "Limit".

Also available on itch.io.

0 comments

Cart #c7antagonistsbarbrawl-0 | 2019-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The Antagonists' Bar Brawl

My first non-tutorial-guided game. After a fun night of D&D I woke up with inspiration to make this. Was done over a single weekend.

Although it's possible to get 10+ bots in the arena, it'll generally demonstrate how poorly coded physics can make the console suffer, haha.

Controls

• ARROWS = Player 1 move
  • X = Player 1 Shoot
  • ESDF = Player 2 Move
  • Q = Player 2 Shoot

While making this, I had a newfound appreciation for PICO-8: I was running into the same problems regarding multiple player collisions that I would have with every other game engine (The one coming to mind being Unity). Hopefully I'll remember the lessons I'd learned on future games.

0 comments

Cart #oneshot_lab_lights_puzzle-6 | 2019-07-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I really liked this puzzle from the game OneShot so I recreated it in pico-8.

Controls:

• left and right arrow to change the selection
  • main action button to interact with the selected element

Feedback is welcome

1 comment

Cart #breakalt-2 | 2019-07-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a breakout clone I made following the amazing tutorials available here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLea8cjCua_P0qjjiG8G5FBgqwpqMU7rBk

Thanks to Krystman and Lazydevs for creating the series and allowing me to make my first game in Pico-8.

HOW TO PLAY:

• Arrow keys Left/Right to move the pad, X to release the ball
  • Enter to pause the game
  • Clear all bricks to advance to the next stage
  • Change the direction/angle of the ball using the pad

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Just going to start a thread here for bugs in the text as they're found so we can keep them all in one place.

2 comments

I'm loving coroutines -- they make it so easy to write complex animations and user interactions. But without error stacktraces, debugging them is a nightmare. What's the plan around this? Can we expect a new version of Pico-8 with better error reporting from coroutines?

3 comments

Cart #featherbalancing-0 | 2019-07-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello! I decided to remake Celeste's feather minigame from the chapter Golden Ridge. I found it as a good coping mechanism for anxiety, but I struggled to do it without a visual aid, so I made this game. I tried my best not only to recreate the minigame, but also to make a shortened PICO-8 version of "Postcard From Celeste Mountain" by Lena Raine!

I'll gladly take any feedback :)

-Leftie

3 comments

Ce post est la version française de: PICO-8 Giveaway

Initié par @Liquidream, plusieurs developpeurs offrent des licences pico8 à des jeunes (et moins jeunes) qui n'auraient pas les moyens mais pleins d'idées!

Participation

Pour avoir une chance de gagner, repondez à la discussion officielle avec un petit message:

• pourquoi vous voulez une licence?
  • quel jeu(x) comptez-vous créer?

Les Règles

• Ouvert à tous (sauf ceux qui peuvent se payer une licence ET un sandwich!)
  • Une seule entrée par personne
  • Date de cloture (ouch!) Samedi 6 Juillet @ 11:00 (heure Paris)
  • Les gagnants seront choisis au hasard
  • Il y aura autant de gagnants que de licences offertes
  • La licence sera attribuées via un compte mail (message privé)

Bonne chance 😁🤞

2 comments

I don't know if this is just a quirk of how print does its job, but I've found that print statements with strings that begin with a "\n" newline character get cut off in the middle of the line.

In this image, the lines who are cut off are formatted with a \n at the beginning
print("\nthird")

print("\nfourth")

print("\nfifth")

I'm in a bit of a hurry, will update with more later.

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->