BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Hi!

I hope this is the right place to ask...

So I gather I can make some enemies that have X-Y co-ordinates like this:

enemy = {
	x = 0,
	y = 0
}

enemies = {}

for i=1,5 do
	add(enemies, enemy)
	enemies[i].x = i * 5
	enemies[i].y = i * 10
	print(enemies[1].x)
end

(5 and 10 are arbitrary numbers for testing purposes.)

I believe this would be an array of tables.

I would have thought this would make 5 enemy co-ordinates, like this:

enemies[1].x = 5
enemies[1].y = 10

enemies[2].x = 10
enemies[2].y = 20

...and so on. But it looks like it's overwriting every enemy's co-ordinates with the latest pair each time.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!

2 comments

Cart #enchanted-2 | 2019-06-27 | Embed ▽ | No License

Submission for NABAVision 2019 @ NABA, Milan

0 comments

Cart #souls_of_elements-1 | 2019-06-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #santas_bad_list-2 | 2019-06-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #cryptograms-3 | 2019-10-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

Uh-oh! After browsing the quotes from your favorite book, you discover that all the letters have been jumbled up and replaced with random other letters! Your mission is to reconstruct the text of all 100 of your quotes using only your knowledge of the English language.

Controls

Use the arrow keys to navigate the letters on the board.
Hold X and use the arrow keys to fill in a guess for a letter. You are not penalized for wrong guesses.
Press Z to erase a guess for a letter.

Version History

• v1.0.1.1 (October 16, 2019)
    Corrected a small typo in one of the quotes
  • v1.0.1 (June 29, 2019)
    Made the cryptogram text static, as opposed to bobbing up and down

[ Continue Reading.. ]

15 comments

Cart #crazyrabbitafternoon-2 | 2019-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

General Idea

Create and oldschool rogue-like feel game.

Start: C/Z/Y (builtin differs on keyboard layouts, the button next to 'x')

Move with: Arrows, you can step twice while wolves moves once.

Skip step: X

Collect all carrots to proceed to the next level. Avoid wolves, by hiding in the rabbit holes. You can step twice, while wolves step one.

If they can't see you, they are dark red, and start to wander around. If the can, they turn bright red, and start to chase you down. They can't eat you, while you are in a rabbit hole.

Difficulty goes up by reached levels and steps taken, so plan ahead!

Also on Github

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

I'm really struggling with this one...I'm trying to vertical scroll a map (shooter style) and wall tiles in that map collide with the player stop them BUT ALSO push the player down if appropriate.

I got the mget() and fget() stuff kinda of working as I'd hoped but detection seems wishy washy.

I have code for map collisions that works well when the map isn't scrolling, and I tried to translate that over but with the map moving, it didn't work well at all. Especially when it comes to pushing the player down off screen if they are blocked by a wall tile.

I'm hoping someone might have made a cart that uses this type of technique or a snippet that I can reference.

My fallback (as always) is just using a bunch of objects and move them individually (to get the scrolling) but I'm trying not to do that so a) I learn something, and b) because moving a bunch of objects in sync never works and always looks choppy.

Any thoughts, examples, or similar shared stories is appreciated.

4 comments

The other day I listened to @Gruber's nice transcription of Giant Steps and I felt inspired, so here's another late-1950s jazz standard, this time from the great Dizzy Gillespie: "Con Alma".

My transcription is based on the version from the album Duets (1958) with Dizzy (trumpet) and Sonny Stitt (tenor sax).

I of course didn't have room for all the solos (the recording is over 9 minutes long), so I picked my favorite sections, but otherwise tried to stay faithful to their improvisations. I also made a loop out of the whole thing, so I didn't have to try to make room for the ending :)

It can be quite challenging and awkward trying to mimic the expressive, organic sound (and swung rhythm) of wind instruments with PICO-8's limited beeps and boops, but I'm pretty happy with the result, considering the medium :D

[sfx]

2 comments

Cart #leadvalleyupdate-0 | 2019-08-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a updateted version of Lead valley.
Now with better player physics.

Cart #leadvalley-2 | 2019-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

here is the old version

2 comments

Cart #leadvalley-1 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a small game i have been working on.

0 comments

oxo
by gasman
Cart #oxo-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A demoscene demo presented at Nova 2019

3 comments

Cart #nigubenido-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A single-screen platformer with a bomb-dropping mechanic similar to Rick Dangerous.

1 comment

Cart #sozegorafa-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A tough platformer, from my 2016 onegameamonth entries

0 comments

Cart #yahatafowu-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A Snake game, with AI opponents, from my 2016 onegameamonth entries

3 comments

by cravo
Cart #wukudomepu-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A platformer, from my 2016 onegameamonth entries. Has really annoying title music :-)

0 comments

Cart #wutugapeju-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple sokoban game, from my 2016 onegameamonth entries.

0 comments

Cart #goblinv1-0 | 2019-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, but is there any way to bind a single controller to have button inputs for several players? For instance for one controller to be recognized as two different players' dpads and thus act like a twin-stick style of control.

0 comments

Cart #earthxit-0 | 2019-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

entry to nova 2019 wilddemo compo

1 comment

Cart #fawasirudi-0 | 2019-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a small demo we made for Flashback 2019 held in Sydney. There are some firsts (I think... I hope) like the full screen X/Y distorter (at 60 FPS).

Credits:

code - kometbomb
gfx - ilkke & animal bro
musix - gruber

P.S. I used my very old code that seem to use someone's matrix math functions and I can't find the thread I borrowed them from so thanks and credits to him/her! They're named like rot_x_m() and lookat_m() etc.

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->