BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #midcopy1234-0 | 2019-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #gooddotgame-7 | 2019-04-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls: Arrows. Get to the highest level you can before you run out of shoes.

Okay, let us travel back to ... 1980!

Our family got an Apple ][+ on June 9th, 1980. I LIVED on that computer all summer. Making text adventures, graphics demos...

One of the first games I made was WALK INTO THE DOT. It was in Apple ][+ lo-res graphics. There are BAD DOTS. Do not walk into them. There is a GOOD DOT. Walk into it if you can!

It wasn't great, BUT it did bring up some subtle game design ideas, and was part of me learning, 39 years ago, how to design games.

But how to re-make it now? Make it with cool graphics? NO. I would make it like it was. Crappy, primitive, but hiding some interesting lessons.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #kehosegipe-1 | 2020-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a game I made in a month while on the train to work. I updated it in October 2020 so it's not so jank and is a bit more juicy ;)
You can get the standalone and use controllers here: https://maxwelldexter.itch.io/moth-koth
Enjoy!

P1 controls:

arrow keys: movement
N: punch
M: go back

P2 controls:

ESDF: movement
W: punch
Q: go back

Tips and tricks:

• Be the last one standing by knocking everyone else in to the edge of the screen!
  • The pink stuff is bouncy and safe.
  • You can't punch or move for a short period of time after being punched, so try not to get hit near the edge the edge of the screen!
  • You can angle your punch depending on your movement input, try to aim your targets in to the holes!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #semojabun-3 | 2020-10-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An extensive particle system, free to use in your carts.
Check out the feature list and documentation at the GitHub page.

Let me know how I can improve it!
Share with me if you use it in a game, I want to see some cool stuff!

4 comments

Just a test upload for my Midterm in class

0 comments

This is an early version (not sure if I'll ever renew it), of a dynamic vegetation system I made that you can easily use thanks to #import.

Basically, it automatically sets grass and/or flowers on top of a graphic with a specified flag turned on.

Cart #rahohazoya-0 | 2019-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Navigate to your cart folder

Windows: C:/Users/Yourname/AppData/Roaming/pico-8/carts
OSX: /Users/Yourname/Library/Application Support/pico-8/carts
Linux: ~/.lexaloffle/pico-8/carts

Extract the folder from this download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ac0nAAU2EaJB_MIr-UZ-WC0gzp5UW5KU/view?usp=sharing

use this script in your cart:

#include ss_scripts/ss_dynveg.p8

Done.

After exporting it'll use, like maybe about 500 tokens? couldn't get it less than that, least not with my current skills/dedication.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #picocyberbank_100-3 | 2019-04-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PicoCyberbank is a cyberpunk remake of West Bank / Bank Panic by Damien Hostin, on twitter yourykiki (The Lurking Engine)

Goal :

you must help the bank collect the credchips by shooting the baddies and survive 9 days ! Beware some people are not as they seem to be at first !

Controls - keyboard or gamepad :

Use arrows to shoot left center or right
Use button 1 (x) or 2 (c) to change the doors you are looking

Behind the scene

This project was less complicated than Brutal Pico Race, I designed it to work with my kids... But actually, it was way too complicated for my little beginners, and they gave up after coding the open/close system for the doors :D It is also why there is a lot of functions in french. They came back for beta testing !

I keep some interesting parts for myself, such as the plasma doors, using the PX8 compression and a coroutine queue to load people graphics at runtime, a bunch of sprite picked up randomly to build the people, and little hidden surprises on the intro scene to reflect how far you went in the game !

Once again, great thanks to the pico 8 community !

Have fun !

5 comments

Cart #gijegenadu-0 | 2019-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my attempt at a breakout style game for my game development class. This is my first attempt at making a game and one of my first experiences with programming. I hope all who play it enjoy.

0 comments

Cart #celeste_fucked-1 | 2019-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The seed and amount change what and how much gets corrupted.
If you have seen my other celeste corruptor, you know how easy it is to get softlocked.

You can re-check the seed and amount in the menu (esc or enter)

good luck :p

16 comments

Cart #gapekuban-0 | 2019-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #piconations-0 | 2019-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Nations is a small and simple "strategy" game. You control a nation of pops and have to build buildings and attack enemies to have the highest score after 5 minutes.

The map is randomly generated on each new playthrough.

Pico Nations is a small project that I made to learn PICO-8. It's currently missing sound and music, which I plan to add. I had a lot of fun working on this project and learning how PICO-8 works. I really wanted to stick to the default limitations of the console, so I restricted myself to the limited control scheme, arrow keys and Z/X.

Controls

Use arrow keys to move the selected tile.
Press Z to build a building on the selected tile. What you build depends on the tile.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

attn: @zep

I can't remember if this was fixed the last time we reported it, but if it was, it's broken again.

Using backticks to insert inline code in text is broken, causing the entire remainder of the paragraph to be highlighted as code, even if the closing backtick is present.

For instance, this is how I'll write the next paragraph:

If this is already fixed, `this highlight should stop` <-- HERE.

If this is already fixed, this highlight should stop <-- HERE.

Also, just want to mention that I wish the inline code were simply a mono-spaced font, and not inverse the way it is now. It's visually jarring the way it is. :/

2 comments

Cart #dabricks1-0 | 2019-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

[#begefawupa]

0 comments

Hey all, I'm not sure how long account linking has been broken on PlayPico (it was just reported to me), but the feature has been restored. I apologize if you've previously tried to link your accounts and were unsuccessful.

0 comments

Whereas in PICO-8 v0.1.11 it was possible to run a cart at 60 FPS and get a higher sampling frequency (than at 30 FPS) when querying the value of stat(26) (i.e. number of ticks played on current pattern), it seems that in v0.1.12 this behavior has been changed so that in 60 FPS the stat(26) value still only updates 30 times per second.

What led to my discovering this was that I thought I perceived a visual difference when using v0.1.12 to run part of my "Not A Creature Was Stirring" cart that uses stat(26) ticks as the input for some easing functions, so I created a standalone test cart and ran it in both v0.1.11 and v0.1.12 and it looks like the behavior has indeed changed.

Here's a test cart. Try changing the "_update60" function to "_update" and see that in v0.1.12 the average diff between sampled ticks (only counting when there is an actual change) is the same (roughly 5.59) either way. But if you run the same cart (I had to change the cart version to 16 to do this) in v0.1.11 you can see that in 60 FPS mode, the average diff between sampled ticks is roughly half (about 2.8), which is better for syncing things to music.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Play Ping against a bot or a friend!

Cart #picopong_11-0 | 2019-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've seen a lot of pong clones here but there was always something about them that bothered me. So I made my own version, and now I can be bothered by myself.
Oh, and the AI is kind of a buzzkiller, but I guess I find that a little fun too.

I hope you enjoy!

And please, let me know if you find any bugs!

UPDATE LOGS:

V2.0:

• Better A.I.
  • Fixed the perpetual ball thingy
  • Minor bugfixes

OLDER VERSIONS:

Cart #picopong-0 | 2019-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

7 comments

I bought Pico-8 a while ago, and used it for a while until my hard drive died. After buying a new one, I wanted to reinstall the software. Unfortunately, I discovered it was not listed in my purchases. My issue is that I tried all my emails I've used to check if they are the ones with the purchase on it, and I don't have a lexaloffle account on any of them except this one. Is there any way to try to find out if there is an issue with my account, or do I need to buy the software again?

0 comments

Cart #bajazajide-0 | 2019-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The horizontal bars emit particles, every few seconds each. When a particle reaches the top or the bottom of the screen, one energy point is lost. The emitors work also as filters: When a particle hits a horizontal bar, it's absorbed and +1 score is awarded. Try scoring as much as possible before the energy reaches 0 and the game is over. My personal record is slightly over 540.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->