BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #sogahugasu-0 | 2024-10-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

hey everyone, having some trouble.
im trying to make it so that when you collect the emerald a bit into the first level, it prints "gem get!" next to it.
however, when I collect it, nothing happens.
i would also like the text to disappear after a few seconds. how would I do that?

the emerald code is in tab 5 under function upickups2(). apologies if any of the code is difficult to read, I'm pretty new to this.

also, any further feedback for the game is much appreciated!

(please don't mind the door sprites at the beginning of the level, its just for debug purposes so that I can test level 2 quickly!)

11 comments

Cart #degbunne-4 | 2024-10-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cocktail Hour

Inspired by true events, Cocktail Hour is a game built to prepare you for real life social events. Your mission: sneak around a party venue and eat as many delicious hors d'oeuvres as you can while avoiding having a conversation with anyone.

However, Aunt Ethel hasn't seen you since before you left for college and she's determined to ensure you miss every single Pig-in-a-blanket and slider and shrimp cocktail there is.

Run, hide, and eat.

Controls

Move using the arrow keys.
X allows you to grab food, only while standing still.

Tips

• When you grab food your score multiplier increases by one. However, entering a conversation can reduce your multiplier or eliminate it completely with bad timing.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

la verdad e intentado abalar con mi musico del equipo pero no responde y me preocupe por que tal ves no quiera trabajar conmigo por lo que saque el primer trailer de sonic la pelicula el juego adelantado por que parece que no quiere trabajar con migo por favor si lograran contactarlo les agradecería es @notehead y el es el unico que tengo en el equipo

The truth is that I tried to talk to the musician on my team but he didn't respond and I was worried that he wouldn't want to work with me, so I published the first trailer for Sonic the Movie, the preview of the game. because it seems like he doesn't want to work with me, please, yes. If you can contact him I would appreciate it. He is @notehead and he is the only one I have on the team.

2 comments

Cart #adventur_p-0 | 2024-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Collect keys and open doors to reach the win flag!
(don't be satisfied with finishing the game wink wink)

My first attempt with Pico-8
I followed MBoffin (Dylan Bennet) tutorial on the top-down adventure game

CONTROLS

Arrows - Movement
X - Inventory
Z - Close dialogue

2 comments

Cart #jprint_bc-1 | 2024-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Japanese is output using a custom font.
Also, voiced consonants and semi-voiced consonants(濁点・半濁点) are adjusted to be placed at the top of the characters.

jprint('かわいい いちこ゛た゛いふく さん♥',14) -- Usage is the same as for print().

You can view the Character set from the menu.

2 comments

--functionsetup
playeranim = 1
timer = 0

function _init()
end

function animspr(x, y, fps, start_frame, end_frame)
    timer = timer + 1
    if timer >= 30 / fps then
        playeranim = playeranim + 1
        if playeranim > end_frame then
            playeranim = start_frame
        end
        timer = 0
    end
    spr(playeranim, x, y)
end

function _update()
end

function _draw()
    cls()
    animspr(60, 60, 4, 1, 3)
end

how this works: animspr(x, y, fps, start_frame, end_frame)

0 comments

Cart #towimazoke-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hi, this is Kokins, my entry for Ludum Dare #56.

The theme of the jam was "tiny creatures" and I decided to go for a virtual pet game, similar to Tamagotchi which I played as a kid. In the game, you care and raise a kokin, a cute small creature.

There are two goals in the game:

• Raise your kokins until they reach adulthood and they can live on their own in the kokin reserve.
  • Collect all kokins! Depending on how you raise your kokin it will grow up in a different way. Can you find them all? :)

Cart #kokins-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #smash_the_scorpions-2 | 2024-10-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Smash The Scorpions!

A silly game for Ludum Dare 56, the theme of which is "Tiny Creatures."

Directions to move. Any action button to swing your hammer. See how long you can last!

Changelog:

• 2024-10-11 - fixed walk speed bug. added some extra graphical effects. increased the blood!
2 comments

Cart #romihisoki-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hello everyone.
First of all, I apologise if my code is a mess. I am learning to code and although stuff sometimes work, I don't fully understand why.

I am doing a game with a procedural map where there are buildings, and each building might or might not be a level. When generating the buildings I attach a level object to it if it is a level and I am printing underneath the ones that are levels, as well as the x and y coordinates and what level number it is.

The game is meant to have the following objects and relationships
Player (obvious)
A Building object > a level object > a combos object > multiple combos objects

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #adewwwy-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My LD56 Compo entry—nurture your tiny creatures! Gather fish and deliver them to groups of hungry baby penguins.

Fish must be within the drop-zone (the region surrounding a group of baby penguins) upon dropping. Delivering multiple fish in one go yields combo bonuses, and there's no penalty for delivering more fish than requested (given it fits in the drop-zone).

Spikes periodically emerge from beneath the ice due to climate change or something, and (dangerous) baby seals occasionally roam. Mis-dropped, uneaten fish will spoil and create additional hazards. Health is lost upon touching a hazard, or when failing to feed a group of baby penguins (because heartbreak). Touching a hazard also automatically mis-drops your held fish.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #exoplorer-0 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #watch_timer-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #jarlife-1 | 2024-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Z/C to jump
X to bunch up / hoist / throw

Save 4 creatures in each room to progress to the next level (not everyone needs to make it out alive!). Grab a key to open the door, but the player can not enter until 4 creatures have passed through. To restart at any time, press ENTER and choose "restart level".

Made for Ludum Dare 56. You can find the jam page (and play the compo version) here: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/56/jar-life

Changes

jarlife-0: ldjam compo version

jarlife-1: added 'x to retry' when there are no longer any creatures left to save, but less than 4 have exited and the player is still alive.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Midi Controllers

Hey all! Long time user, first time poster, yada yada...

The problem

I'm really slow at typing out notes using my computer keyboard, so I want to use my midi controller to speed up the process of inputting notes into Picotron's tracker.

My solution

I wrote up a quick shell script to allow me to use my midi controller within Picotron's (and by extension Pico-8's) tracker. You can run it in the background, and it just looks for input from my midi controller and simulates the appropriate keypress to input the note in the tracker.
I made it following the advice from this Stack Exchange thread. It requires a unix-like shell, as well as aseqdump and xdotool, to work.

#!/usr/bin/env sh
aseqdump -p "YOUR_MIDI_DEVICE_HERE" | \
while IFS=" ," read src ev1 ev2 ch label1 data1 label2 data2 rest; do
    case "$ev1 $ev2 $data1" in
        "Note on 48" ) xdotool type z ;;

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=155389#p)
1 comment

Cart #tiny_mushy_froggies-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made for Ludum Dare 56

0 comments

Hey 👋

It's my first game made for Pico8 and first that complex game ever. I'm still learning and understanding how it's work. Game is far away from finish. I wanted to share current results to hear from you guys what are thinking about it.

Farm2137 (working title probably) is farming game placed in space. It's containing typical stuff like planting and harvesting crops. Crafting system is currently letting us to make seeds from harvested crops. Probably more stuff will come later.

What game have already?
-Working growing system(timing needs adjustment)
-Menu for selecting tool, accessing pockets
-Storage system
-Day cycle stuff(some work needs to be done)
-Market system(New offer everyday with variable prices, currently we are getting items instant what will change later).
-Saving game
-Crafting system(just seeds)

Small manual:

In-game:
D-pan - movment
O - using a tool
X - hotbar(tools,inventory)

In hotbar:
up/down - change between tools and two pockets

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #hm118_carrotpatch-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

It’s harvest time!

Play as Patch the Rabbit as he tries to collect as many carrots as possible without getting squashed by the farmer’s tractor.

Instructions:

Use the arrow keys to move. Collect red and purple carrots. Avoid grey carrots as these will make Patch ill and mess up your controls for a short time. Avoid being squished by the tractor. Get the highest score possible!

Made in ~12 hours for the Ludum Dare 56 Compo

0 comments

Cart #picopanda-1 | 2024-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Panda

The Adventures of Pico Panda is my 2nd "completed" project(it's still missing some sfx, music, and polishing.) It's a small adventure game inspired by my wife. She wanted a game that lets you plays as a panda who eats bamboo and rolls. So, I had my own little mini game jam lol. I hope you all enjoy, and as always, any advice is welcome.

Game Overview

The Adventures of Pico Panda is a turn-based adventure game. Each movement the player makes increases the amount of hunger accrued(a little for walking, more for rolling) and takes one turn. Any enemies onscreen will move one tile per player turn. Eat to restore your strength, solve puzzles, and set out to save your true love.

Story

While enjoying a lovely picnic of the best bamboo, Pico Panda and his true love, Amanda Panda are suddenly surrounded by nefarious poachers. After a heroic struggle, Pico wakes up with a splitting headache to find Amanda is gone! With steely determination, he sets out to rescue her before it's too late.

Keyboard Controls

Movement - Arrow keys move up, down, left, and right
Rolling - Press X to roll into enemies and some obstacles (if you're not too hungry)
Wait - Press Z to wait one turn, allowing enemies to move while you do not

HUD

Pico Panda's health is represented by his heart icon. As he takes damage, his despair at saving Amanda grows and his heart breaks. Pico can take 3 points of damage before it's game over.

Optimistic
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Hello!

I would like to ask to zep if there are any plans of porting the applications (pico8, picotron, voxatron) to arm64 and aarch64 for Linux, Windows and MacOS.

Thanks!

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->