BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

checkboxes

1 comment

Cart #gturtle_plane_ride_twt-0 | 2024-09-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

View the original Twitter post!

Edit the tweetcart in PICO-8 Education Edition here!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #kosufabuse-0 | 2024-09-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

press ⬅️ to turn left
press ➡️ to turn right
press ⬆️ to move forward
press ⬇️ to move backward
press 🅾️ or z to fire
press ❎ or x to boost

0 comments

Cart #gturtle_gravity_fractal_twt-0 | 2024-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tweetcart- all source code is 280 characters or less.

Edit in Education edition here!

The blue lines indicate the trajectory of simulated particles as they are pulled by the planets' gravity. If a particle hits a planet (one of the colored outlines) it colors its originating pixel the color of that planet. If a particle doesn't hit a planet within a certain number of steps in the simulation, it colors the originating pixel black.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Just discovered Pico-8! Looking forward to the many hours of fun on multiple devices!

1 comment

Motivation For the Game

Tiny Epic Kingdoms is one of my favorite boardgames to pick up and play. I love big strategy games but often don't have the time or the people for a massive game of Twilight Imperium (Sardaak N'orr all the way!). I really like that Tiny Epic is a game I can play in less than an hour that gives a similar experience to something like Twilight Imperium or Dune or any other grand strategy boardgame without dedicating a whole day to it.

Deciding to make this Tiny Epic Kingdoms into a Pico 8 cart came from playing the solo variant at a coffee shop while I was killing some time and realizing it would be fairly simple to implement it into Pico 8.

Development

80% of the development was done within the Pico 8 engine with some of the development done on my little Pico 8 mac with a Raspberry Pi 3 inside! I jumped into VSCode in the last stretch for Debugging the AI and cleaning up tokens. It makes things convenient when you need to mass rename something or look at two parts of code quickly. I still enjoy using the Pico 8 internal editor the most. It's so cozy and nice to be able to do everything in the little program.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Hi I'm very new to this forum.
My trouble today is, that I searched for Asesprite and found some posts.
Later I came back and searched again, but now I got no results! Only a Message "no new posts found".
How can I search for already read posts?

Thank's

0 comments

Currently I'm trying to learn tline() by simply drawing the map. However, I have no idea how the parameters work. Apparently, according to the pico 8 wiki, tline()'s 5th and 6th parameters are expressed in "fractional map tiles" but I don't get what that means...
Can someone give a brief explanation?

1 comment

Good morning,
the sound quality is poor when playing a game directly on the browser.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks a lot

0 comments

Here is a list of bugs/annoyances in the BBS:

Important:

• Code preview is broken, if you click on the code button under the pico-8 web player, it doesn't show the code. (It's the right size now, but still no code. Definitely an improvement!)

Minor:

• The padding around the pico-8 web player is too big. Fixed!
  • The featured buttons at the top of the BBS don't show the author, it just says "by ".

There are a couple more, but they're not really issues, so I've omitted them.

0 comments

running and walking and running dont work???
this is after i ran the game for a while

0 comments

Cart #penrose-10 | 2024-09-02 | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

In A Prototype Version Of pizza tower pico build there was a unused desert level do you want it?

here is the prototype :)

Cart #kuwurudado-0 | 2024-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #pumasuwuno-0 | 2024-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just some simple functions for my first upload!
Might Update!!

Current Functions:

• Dmg(x) --Reduces HP by x
  • Heal(x) --Restores HP by x
  • SetHP(x) --Resets HP to x
0 comments

I made this game a while ago but forgot to ever upload it. Here it is and I hope you enjoy!

How to Play:

• pick up the ball by pressing the shoot button with your hand underneath it
  • dribble the ball (by pressing down) to regain energy
  • use energy to jump, run, and shoot
  • hold run or jump buttons to perform each ability more strongly
  • don't forget to choose a course!
    Cart #bballgame1point0-0 | 2024-08-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Build john gutter level

0 comments

Cart #fopohunife-0 | 2024-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

I found myself doing BFS over a very large graph space and with vertices that carry a lot of information. My for this solution in C++ was to use bitsets to store the information in a vertex. I found no documentation of bitsets for Pico or Lua, so I thought of something I call a "nibbleset." A nibbleset is a metatable that holds numbers, and each nibble of the set of numbers can be accessed.

nibbleset = {}

--Set nibble at index i to a value v:
function nibbleset.set(a,i,v)
  if i/8 > #a then
    return
  end

local n = ceil(i/8)
  local s = tostr(a[n],1)
  local tr = "0x"
  i-=1 i%=8 i+=1
  if(i>4) i+=1

for j=1,9 do
     if j==i then
       tr..=v
     else
       tr..=s[j+2]
     end
  end
  a[n]=tonum(tr)
end

--Set nibble at index i to zero:
function nibbleset.reset(a,i)
  if i/8 > #a then
    return
  end

local n = ceil(i/8)

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=151989#p)
0 comments

Cart #zedeyenume-0 | 2024-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #rekosapaku-0 | 2024-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What do you guys think? Would this make a good platformer or is it too tedious?

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->