BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Heh Heh Pizzano IS Gonna Get A Piece Of Me Heh Heh....

Marten H Theodore Or Simply Marten Is A Fan Character
Of Sugary Spire Created By Allmightythunder
However Pizzano Call's Him As Hack

He Has Also Made A Github Profile And Is Known As martenmario64
This Page Is Made For A Game Called Picory Spire (WIP)

0 comments

Cart #randomsfxgeneratormachine-0 | 2024-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Total sfx 63
Press a Z/X to play sfx from random seed

0 comments

Cart #pico_1k_jam_2024-0 | 2024-09-01 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PICO-1K Jam 2024

The 4th annual PICO-8 1K Jam (#Pico1k) has now started! 🥳
🌐 https://itch.io/jam/pico-1k-2024

You have until the end of September to make cool things in PICO-8 or Picotron
...by using only 1K (1024) Compressed Bytes of code 🗜️

No using of built-in Gfx, Map or Sound data (or external files)
ALL content must be created using code submitted.

It can be a:
🕹️ Game
🎞️ Demo (Animated or Interactive)
🛠️ Tool or Utility
...whatever you can fit within 1KB, basically!

It's a relaxed, non-competitive jam, running for a whole month.

Please refer to the PICO-1K 2024 Jam page for Rules, FAQ & Resources & more info.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Do you have PICO-8 or you don't have PICO-8 use a PICO-8 Education and type load #sewesazayathen press enter and then cart loaded then press ctrl+r to run cartridge

Is hardware powerful you press 🅾/❎ mobile or Z/X PC to run hardware

Thanks to @Pixeled_Peczu to werid but awesome cartridge Image label Someone called us monkeys on typewriters. Had to prompt it. by midjourney on redit using Simple Image Resizer for make PICO-8 Label using Depict by @bikibird in 32 colors mode

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Today I finished some code restruction,from scatch and noticed I forgot to "copy" the sprites and the map and no problem
export foo.png //nice
export foo.map.png //nice
and easy
import foo.png //nice

and
import foo.map.png //ups just spritesheet is full
? okay
import map foo.map.png //nope

Of Course I can just copy the code to the cart with the map I want, but is there a command I didn't found? There are parameter import foobar.png -L, that do not help me.
The Pico-8 manual has only export map...

2 comments

I discovered that the following statement was making my PICO-8 application crash with an error of [2] 76047 illegal hardware instruction /Applications/PICO-8.app/Contents/MacOS/pico8 crash-example.p8.

print("|⁴ュ◝り◝T⁷Z◜」\0ク◝あ⁶¹²ヌ◝、\0$²へヲ¹\0そ◝メ¹ˇャ9\0ヌ◝ク¹エャ■\0\0\0⁙²Nョ:\0005\0て³ᶠョ◜◝な◝ャ\0キ¹オ◝{\0]¹x⁵ュ◝◀\0ャ\0uャハ◝キ◝け²ンャ9\0\n\0し³テョ⁷\0009\0J⁶◆ッ\0\0k\0オ³9⁵³\0ッ◝し⁶u²⁸\0は◝O⁷")

This does not happen when running the line from pico-8-edu.com, or from the web export of the cartridge.

I am on version 0.2.6B of the Mac OSX PICO-8. My platform is a 2014 MacBook Pro running macOS 11.7.4.

Cart #konzdufa-0 | 2024-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #botthebuilder-0 | 2024-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Bot the Builder

Play as a robot and build platforms to scale up a mountain. With 19 puzzles, approach every solution creatively and get to the top!

About the game

The game was originally made for the GMTK 24 game jam ("Built to Scale"). This version (v1.1) adds multiple QoL changes and improvements, to be a fun and fresh experience for anyone :)

In the cart you'll find:

• An in-game speedrun clock (if beating games fast is what you want)
  • An in-game placed blocks counter, to improve your personal score
  • An option menu to customize the game to your liking (activate or disable music, screenshake, HUD elements and change inputs)

About the licence

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #yuguigoudazuozhan-1 | 2024-09-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tips: You can press X to accelate speed!

2 comments

Cart #keyblocks-3 | 2024-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A small puzzle game I developed for the theana jam. I hope you like it!

Solved some bugs.

6 comments

Cart #stratagem-0 | 2024-09-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Stratagem is a match-3 game you swap adjacent gems on a grid to gain points. Unlike other popular match-3 games, any group of gems that directly touch on the grid are cleared, not just ones that are in the same row or column. While you can make any move on the board that swaps two touching gems, you can only make three moves that don't clear groups of gems before the game is over.

Changelog

v0.2.0

• Fix #24: rearrange state transitions to act like other Match-3s
  • Fix #20: add menu option for resetting leaderboard
  • Gem resprite by squaremango
  • Fix #18: Bring back pico-tool & update cart building scripts
  • Fix #12: add credits screen

View its source code here: https://github.com/vm70/stratagem

1 comment

Cart #kbo_fight_0-0 | 2024-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a fighting game test made completely through ChatGPT and Claude a couple months ago.

I am not going to go any further with this, but maybe someone will find it useful for their own project.

Player 1 uses the default controls. I belive X is heavy attack (slower but does more damage) and O is light attack.

You can do a quarter-circle-forward motion plus one of the attacks and it will throw a fireball (like a hadouken from Street Fighter: down, then down+forward, then forward+attack but in one smooth motion). The attack button used determines the speed.

0 comments

Tony the Tiny Chef

I took part in the GMTK Game Jam, and made this game about a tiny chef who has to cook an English breakfast

Cart #tonythetinychef-0 | 2024-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Press X to pick up and drop food items.
Press Z to start the game

Some food may require chopping before being fried.
Don't leave food on the frying pan for too long, or it may burn.

2 comments

Recently, I've been working on a word-typing game called Catreeboard with my son. At the beginning and to simply get the game to a state where we could work on animations and gameplay, I naively created a simple table-based dictionary that is subdivided by length of the word. It looked something like this:

dictionary = {
    {
        "a",
        "i",
        "on",
        "at",
        "it",
        "is",
    },
    {
        "cat",
        "dog",
        "sun",
        "hat",
        "bat",
        "pen",
    },
    {
        "home",
        "love",
        "ball",
        "star",
        "blue",
    },
    {
        "house",
        "quick",
        "plant",

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=153444#p)
3 comments

Hog Runner

WIP: Endless Runner Test with some cusom Sonic sprites

Cart #hog_runner-0 | 2024-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #murrain_scramble-0 | 2024-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Goal

You are the faithless embryo of an ancient rot. Your body has been magically imbued once more to grant it proper form. With 3 companions, you're tasked with confronting the oncoming threat.

Keep your party members in fighting form and drive back the endless monstrosities!

Controls

As the party healer you can:
O button - Heal target/Reconstitute downed party member
X button - Attack target

Thanks so much for checkin' it out!!

This is my first jump into Pico-8 and it's been a LONG time since i've played around with game development, so lemme know if you find any bugs! I had a ton of fun putting this together over the last month, thanks to many tips and tricks from this community! <3

2 comments

Cart #rxrmdvtm1-1 | 2024-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Music by Remi Mixer / Remixer
Animation by Autopawn (Excellent work btw!)

This is a brief music preview for the Murder Drones Virtual Training Sequel. Some hot situation they brought themselves.

Play Murder Drones Virtual Training 1 Here!

0 comments

Cart #simple_platformer-0 | 2024-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Okay, here's what's happening.

1. PICO-8 open, playing a game.
  2. We pause the game (with the Enter key) to go do something away from the computer.
  3. We lock the computer with a key combination (Super+L) - meaning that PICO-8 was the active window before the screen was locked.
  4. We return and type our password on the KDE Plasma lockscreen and hit Enter to enter it.

What we expect: the computer unlocks, PICO-8 is as it was before, paused.

What we usually see: the computer unlocks and simultaneously PICO-8 unpauses.

Just to check, we did the same series of steps with this text entry box in Firefox and Firefox does not register an Enter key press, so I'm guessing this is a weird edge case in how PICO-8 determines if the Enter key has been pressed.

In case the specifics are relevant, we are using Plasma 6 on NixOS 24.05 (Uakari).

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->