BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Cart #yududigogi-2 | 2024-07-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

i wrote down the rules for a weird little game with sliding tiles a little while ago, and only a couple days ago i had finished a little prototype for pico-8 :p

i'd like to do more with it in the future, but i think it's fun to play in its current state, so i thought i'd share it here. feedback is welcome !!

0 comments

Credits

Sonic 1 Bridge zone music - todostuf

Pizza theme - spider man 2 the video game

Sonic Intro - deantus

0 comments

Cart #floppa-0 | 2024-07-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PLAY MY SEQUEL HERE
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=143152

Floppa is celeste classic mod
Game about a Floppa the caracal climb and collect dumplings

----------CREDITS--------------------------
mod by NazarFloppaLovesP8
original by noel

0 comments

list (ls) function bug

List function appears to show two identical file of same .p64 file on a cart. (fileception?)
Not sure what is the reason but it is most likely a problem within kernel function.
Output of the cart seems correct and there is one header & data for foxcord.p64

Images showing the bug and how it can be replicated:

2 comments

Cart #lotlotlot_wip-0 | 2024-07-13 | Embed ▽ | No License

プログラムポシェット 1984 年 Vol.4 に掲載された MSX 向けのゲーム、Lot Lot Lot を PICOTRON で動かしてみました。

0 comments

I'm building a cozy game using Godot, and wanted to add a feature where users can pick up a PICO-8 cartridge and run the PICO-8 runtime + cartridge. Godot compiles to run cross-platform, so I figured that the best attempt to get this to work would be running a WASM file.

It seems like WASM support for PICO-8 exporter is experimental? The exporter produces .js and .wasm, so it seems that the WASM executable was intended to be called by the Javascript code. I briefly attempted to wire GDScript to call the WASM file, but the interface functions calls are not straightforward or documented anywhere.

Would love any input regarding running WASM and/or emulation in a Godot environment where the host machine may be arbitrary.

4 comments

Cart #picopets-1 | 2024-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Pico Pets! is an auto-battler made for the Pico-8 fantasy console.

Pick your favorite hat and then buy, sell, and merge pets to get your gang of four animals to make it Round 7 and win the game. I hope you find it as fun to play as it was to make.

View the "Help" page in-game or screenshot for a brief explanation of the mechanics. Also available on itch.io

This is my second Pico-8 game and took significantly longer to work through (1 week) than my first game Phoenix (1 day). I decided that it's in a good enough state to call done, but I plan to revisit some of the work here with a more original take and additional polish.

2 comments

Cart #gajibugamu-0 | 2024-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

why are you here

0 comments

Cart #mr_flapman-0 | 2024-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #atomplasma2023-0 | 2024-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the classic plasma effect in lo-res resolution of 64x64 pixels.

There are a few different setups you can cycle through:

❎ Next setup
🅾️ Prev setup
⬆️⬇️ Increase/decrease busy factor
⬅️➡️ Increase/decrease speed factor

0 comments

Cart #globmy_duegeonnewversion-0 | 2024-07-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WELOCME TO GLOMBY DUEGEON
GLOMBYGLOMBY

Old version

Cart #globmy_duegeon-0 | 2024-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #healthemup-0 | 2024-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Heal'em'up

Instructions

Heal your allies during a protest by throwing band-aids at them. They all need to be conscious at the end of the countdown!
Be careful, you have a limited number of ammunitions. Reload regularly.
You can also use a little caffeine boost to move faster!

About

We are a team of students at Ada Tech School from Paris, France. For our school project, we had two weeks to make a game using Pico-8. We are happy to present you Heal'em'up, a non-shooter where you need to heal instead of shooting. Your mission: protect and help all the protesters.

Stanz-ie ([https://github.com/Stanz-ie/])
Cannellette([https://github.com/cannellette/])

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Hi there!

I've been using a relatively simple system for sprite animations that I find works pretty well without much overhead. It relies on a simple function to retrieve the current frame of an animation frame list (ani) based on time (t()) and a given speed (spd) in frames per second:

--get animation frame
function anifrm(ani,spd)
 return ani[1+flr(spd*t()%#ani)]
end

That's it!

Now all we need is to define an animation as a list of sprite IDs:

--define player walk animation
pwalkani={2,3,4,5}

And we can assign this animation to our player just like assigning a single sprite:

--in _update(), during walk logic (e.g. btn left or right)
player.sprite=anifrm(pwalkani,10)

--in _draw(), using the normal spr() call
spr(player.sprite,player.x,player.y)

Here's an example cart to demonstrate fully, also taking sprite flipping into account:

Cart #koz_anidemo-1 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to prototype a little beat game in Picotron, but I'm having some issues with SFX/Music sync. I've been some references in pico8 to using stat() to read the current play time of active music tracks and use that to play SFX in sync with the beat.

There is stat() in picotron, but it's undocumented. I've tried iterating over a bunch of stat codes, but seems like it's pretty much zero after a stat code of about 9

I was wondering if anyone has had additional info about the stat method, or where else I might pull music timing info from?

3 comments

I tried to learn how pico-8 platformers were built. But how does the save code or save program work for like items/powerups and different levels or scenes? Like when a character collects an item how is it store acrossed parts of the game?

5 comments

I've had a very hard time reproducing the exact minimal steps to cause this crash, so I'm just going to post the cart and steps to cause the crash and hope this is useful enough to track it down.

The bug does not occur on PICO-8 desktop, only on the BBS/webplayer.

It seems to be tied to remapping draw ops / spritesheet to highmem with either of the two lines:

poke(0x5f55,0x80)
poke(0x5f54,0x80)

But these alone do not seem to be enough to cause the crash. Here it is occurring in a cart I am currently working on:

Cart #bcb_12-10 | 2024-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Steps:

• Either:

-- Press Z/C to attack right as the cart has loaded
    -- Crash

• Or:

-- Move a full screen or two rightward (X is jump, press twice to doublejump)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Super Mario Bros. Demake DEMO

Hello all, today I wanted to present my Super Mario Bros. demake, in a work-in-progress state.
This has been worked on for about a month or two, mostly due to me trying to create my own platforming engine, but failing miserably, and some troubles. This demo uses the Advanced Micro Platformer engine by @mhughson. Check it out- it's pretty cool! Also, I know that his SMB remake also uses this engine, although his has larger sprites, and mine has smaller, you get what I mean..? Anyways, the cartridge is linked below, try it, although it's very barebones and spaghetti coded if you're looking into it with a technical view!
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->