BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #hazikigage-0 | 2024-06-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

the "ghosts" have a offset error
i don't know how to fix

2 comments

Cart #rmeftija-4 | 2024-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Beam is a top down puzzle adventure and is meant to be mysterious, relaxing and pretty. If you get stuck read the signs around you! It is inspired by the Zelda series, Myst, The Witness, Tunic, Hyper Light Drifter,etc and is my first attempt at coding/game development. Feedback is very welcome!

Controls

Arrow keys move the player
O (z on the keyboard) various actions
X (x on the keyboard) run if unlocked

Ongoing challenges

The “cobble-stoning” is real!
Palette switching happens and there are some flash artifacts of the incorrect palette when switching rooms.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Hey! Here is my new game, The Crab Boss. There are still things to work on, so please tell me if you see any glitches or bugs in my cartridge. The Crab Boss is a small game with a boss that zooms around the screen and shoots bullets at you. Dodge the bullets and collect bombs to defeat the Crab. Hope you have fun playing my game, and tell me about anything you think could make it better!

Cart #yihifiraho-1 | 2024-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

6 comments

I am a beginner dev and I made this little -cookie clicker clone- game!!!
It's bad and so is the code but I enjoyed the process of making it :3

Cart #budphap-0 | 2024-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hello everyone, I'm doing a project based on backrooms with the aim of having at least 8 levels, but I'm having problems getting the drawn maps collision to work, if anyone has an idea on how to fix it, could you please help me!

Cart #kopogibome-0 | 2024-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I recommend someone with experience download the p8 project and tell me what I should do (and also tell me if there is any bad optimization in the project)

ps:I'm not good at speaking or understanding English, so sorry for the mistake in understanding

0 comments

Cart #stafford_gambit-1 | 2024-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Variations: The Stafford Gambit

Credits

• These variations come from the Eric Rosen youtube channel.
    (watch the link while practicing with this cart for maximum understanding)

• Big thank you to @Heracleum for kindly going through one of my previous variation carts and teaching me how to properly make a data table. Its made more variations possible.

About

The Stafford Gambit is an objectively bad opening for black. But white has to play accurately which is very hard to do, giving lots of attacking chances, pins, traps, and nasty mates. Natural moves for white lead to certain doom. If you learn these 20 variations inside and out you will confuse many opponents and have a blast doing it. If your opponent really knows what they are doing, you may be in serious trouble!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #voxaloid_rm-0 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Recently saw an awsome idea for displaying lightweight "3D" graphics in pico-8 by ioil13 :D
I edited the code a little to allow for making an 8x8x8 cube where each Z layer of the cube is a different sprite essentially allowing the creation of derpy voxel art in 8x8x8 size (black pixels are transparent)

original code by ioil13 go check them out they make cool stuff :)

feel free to use or edit this code as much as you like :)

I will see if I continiue work on this depending on how much motivation I have lol.

0 comments

Trying to transpose the "official" symbols of ClaWrite into 8x8 tiles...

Cart #clawrite-0 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

I think my game, Nybble Quest, might be feature complete. I still need to add more monsters, NPCs, loot, and the like, but all the features are there.

In the final release, there will be enough NPCs to explain what you need to do, but they're not there yet. So here's what the player needs to do:

1. Find all the loot (currently 119), so you can bribe the guards to let you onto the dragon's island.
  2. Kill all the wee monsters (currently 9), which will award you with a gold sword. You need this because the normal sword can't hurt the dragon.
  3. Kill the dragon.
  4. Return to the king, who will abdicate.
  5. Sit on the throne.

Cart #biwugesiku-0 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's the full map, as it currently stands:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #dowadanuwo-0 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

SONIC BLAST ON PICO-8?

I have been just getting into PICO-8 recently, and since I'm a fan of the blue hedgehog, I decided to try and make a de-make of sonic blast on to it.

Controlls

left and right arrow is to move, and x is to jump.

Credits

This is a fan game distributed for free and is not endorsed by Sega. Sega Games Co., Ltd owns the Sonic the Hedgehog trademark, and copyrights on the original assets.

1 comment

Cart #ptbrife-0 | 2024-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

this is my first game have fun or you're uncool buddy (:

this is a rage game with no checkpoints ): and it will make you cry.

here is a bush
[8x8]

and here are two ninjas

[8x8]
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #zonauno-0 | 2024-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Trance shooter

-- CONTENT WARNING --
Flahing Lights

Speech Synthesis Library by @bikibird

5 comments

Cart #guwewarazu-1 | 2024-07-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Door

Pico Door is a family-made game that took about a month to build (learning Lua and Pico 8 at the same time). I would like to thank my team (my kids) for the awesome pixel art, sound effects, and excellent ideas (and tricky debugging) that they contributed to this project. Much of the dialog and other text are references to many different games we play, movies we watch, and music we listen to. See if you can pick up on these. There are some inside jokes for the family in there, but should be entertaining for anyone else that plays this game.

The object of the game is to explore the map, avoid death, destroy things, collect all the upgrades (in the chests), interact with things, and defeat the huge door you'll see in the starting area.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #cubed_destiny_v1-0 | 2024-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My beta version of cubed destiny! It is kind of messy, but any feedback is still appreciated! I aim to make a full version that is more level based. For now, this is kind of more of a showcase of the enemies and features, but do not take this a finished product.

Controls:

Standard movement controls using the arrow keys.
X - Shoot a bullet.

Features:
-A boss enemy that takes 3 hits to kill
-A Mine enemy that takes 2 lives if you run into it
-A normal enemy that shoots and deals 1 damage.
-2 Powerups (Temporary speed boost powerup, +1 life powerup)
-Player character
-HighScore and score system
-3 Screens (Game over, Main Game, Title)

2 comments

Cart #human_slayer-0 | 2024-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

x for shoot and you can not shoot the houses (their in the background)

2 comments

Cart #cat72647-0 | 2024-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

test run #2

Cart #cloakofdarkness1-2 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

A small project done in 6 days by a team of 3 apprentice devs. Have fun !

Cart #chatgrain01-0 | 2024-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->