Cart #topgame-0 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

submitted for an AP CSP class lol

not super polished, might make another version with more vfx later i dunno

4 comments

PixelBasket

A singleplayer basketball game

Cart #pixelbakset-0 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Game objective

Get as many points as possible before time runs out. Take advantage of throws from different scoring zones. Jump during throws and to get the ball.

Controls

• Movement: arrows
  • Jump: [z]
  • Throw: [x] (the longer you hold, the harder you throw)

Main game music was created based on beat of RBI Baseball: Nobody On Base (sequenced by Sivak Drac) and with Denote tool.

1 comment

I'm experiencing an issue with Picotron. I have two monitors, and I would like to have Picotron running in full screen on one monitor while using a web browser on the other. This way, I can research and switch back and forth between tasks.

However, when I click on anything outside the Picotron window, it minimizes itself. Is there a way to fix this behavior? I know I can run it in windowed full screen, which would solve the issue, but I prefer to use proper full screen. It seems odd for it to minimize every time it loses focus.

Is there a solution for this?

3 comments

Cart #sherbetshuffle-2 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Sherbet Shuffle was a quick game I threw together this weekend inspired by the Arcade Paradise mini-game Stack Overflow.

Match all the same flavor ice cream together in two different game modes. Casual mode has no timer, you can reshuffle the puzzle with the new button if you get yourself stuck with no penalty, and it's just there to be a relaxing time. Career mode starts you with 180 seconds, and you gain a few seconds every time you make a match of 4. If you get yourself stuck you can reshuffle the puzzle with a 10 second penalty, so it is recommended that you start with Casual mode until you know how the puzzles work.

Every puzzle is possible, as you have two hands that can each grab a scoop of ice cream, but since these scoops can only be placed on top of the same flavor or an empty cone, you can get yourself stuck if you aren't paying attention, and will need to reshuffle the puzzle. You can figure out some nifty tricks since you can grab two different scoops, and you can maneuver yourself across some sticky situations.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #quick_loader_ls-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Quick loader for picowesome v1.5. Place games in carts/picowesome/[genre]/name.p8.png. The square brackets around the genre directory are necessary.

The previous version was working with an older pico-8 version's limitation with the ls system command. At that time, the ls called from a cart could only look at the root directory. This was changed in v0.2.5 I believe.

Cart must be saved local in your carts directory to work.

Download picowesome 1.5 for here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roms/comments/1c2wcdg/picowesome_v15_apr122024/

Download picopi here:
https://github.com/keints/picopi/

0 comments

The RP3 can be had for cheap. Could it run Picotron with a suitable Linux installation? The RP4 is twice as expensive and I won't mention the RP5.

I was thinking of setting up a small dedicated machine for Picotron.

Do you have an installation like this? Tell me about your setup.

9 comments

Cart #celestial-7 | 2024-10-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

DISCLAIMER: This mod REQUIRES Celeste Tech

This is Celestial. It is a fun(?), challenging mod that requires immense knowledge of tech(in which you can learn here). I hope that you don't give up! Also in the menu there is a practice mod option to get better at a level (if you dash left on the first level). Enjoy! :)

This mod includes:

• New levels
  • Harder map
  • New balloons
  • Barrier blocks?
  • if on_ground = true????????????

CREDITS:

• A human human (code+Berries)
  • Me (mapped + verified(?))
  • Helper (?)
  • Evercore
  • Foreverred stuff
  • Practice mod inject
  • Badeline sprite borrowed from old site

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

HeadKnight

Defenders of the kingdom

Cart #headknight03-0 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the title of my little game project I've been working for a while, even as it's development has slowed down due to life events it still continuing and I'm happy to announce I'm releasing a small demo of the game.

It's a simple arena horde 2d game where you kill enough monsters to proceed to the next horde until the boss horde.
Currently there's only 1 boss, a couple hordes and an infinite mode, with 5 playable characters, 3 enemies and 2 items.

Planned features are coop multiplayer, dialogues between characters and the bosses, a full story, more enemies and bosses and much more.

Controls:

Left-Right : direct the player left and right

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

This is yet another implementation of snake and my first pico8 cartridge. I've shamelessly "borrowed" some of the code from nemo_dev's nemosnake for the particle effects. Thanks nemo_dev! It could probably use a bit more polish, but I need to let this one go and move on.

Cart #simplesnake-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Feedback is welcome. :)

1 comment

Cart #rudodumabo-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Stonekeep's Dungeon is a simple Dungeon Crawler inspired by first Wizardry and its clones.

Any comments, criticisms or ideas are welcome :)

release 1.2.0 (2024-10-10)

• tweaked level of character in recruit screen
  • corpse are replaced with chest that can be locked

Cart #snake_pdung-50 | 2024-10-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

release 1.1.10 (2024-08-15)

• tweaked screen navigation and save points

release 1.1.9 (2024-08-13)

• maximum health point are at least 1
  • add remaining mana point to spell screen
  • fix recruit screen
  • tweaked default party

release 1.1.8 (2024-08-13)

• fix regression bug in combat
  • fix regression bug in item creation
  • code optimization

release 1.1.7 (2024-08-12)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #life-0 | 2024-05-26 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

life

I saw this youtube video a while ago and decided to recreate the stuff from the video
turned out pretty cool. In the code you can easily edit stuff like add more variants, make more particles etc.
you can use it as background, i think it works well.

use up to make a new simulation

thanks for checking it out

0 comments

Cart #boxing-2 | 2024-06-04 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

boxing (1.1)

Single-Player is now supported :)

A fun multiplayer game. fight with up to 4 friends and have a blast.
Choose a color and get going. Controller supported 👍

• Pressing shift will show the controls for all players.

• d-pad/joystick/arrow keys to move

• one button to dash (you deal more damage)

• other one to block (a failed block will result in a self-stun)

I have no idea how and what all the things in the music editor do. So if someone wants to make some smashing sound-effects for the game (or music) that be great.

Have fun playing :)

1 comment

Cart #firestarter-0 | 2023-08-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

firestarter

Some small game I have been working on that I managed to not quite finish.
There are some bugs I still need to adress and I don't like how the transitions turned out.
Fixing the issues requeres a lot of the code to be rewritten because the current version is a bit messy.
Would like some feedback on wether the concept even works too.

1 comment

Cart #laserrangefull-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

have fun :3

7 comments

any unfinished ? command outputs garbage errors:

?5+
?5>>
?5>>>>>>
0 comments

Cart #scannies-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A small little scanline test I made out of boredom..

I know it isn't top-tier, or the most efficient, but I tried, atleast.

If you care a bit for how this was done, I basically set a couple FOR loops, get certain pixels' color, retrieve a certain value from a table, set a pixel with the recently retrieved value from that table at the position of the pixel that we retrieved its' color from, and, then, repeat that ~8192 times, and then you got some mediocre scanlines! :D

I get that was a bit vague, but if you want a more detailed explanation, just look inside the cartridge.

(passive aggressiveness not intended.)

2 comments

so i didn't know if i was gonna share this or not, but I've spent a bit of time on this version.

Cart #teddbluemonv0_6-0 | 2024-05-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Additions

battle system rewrite:
battle system was written a while back and needed to be cleaned up. now it is

battle loading:
battles can now be triggered by the init_btl() function. it is currently being used during NPC interaction and wild encounters, which work but are currently disabled. In addition, NPCs havea new interaction node that triggers a battle. You can try it out by answering "no" to the NPC.

code improvements in loading data:
cleaned up, rewrote, and overall made loading data neater and more token-efficient. a new read() function added to assist in this mission. All parts of the code written as table

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Pico 8 Linux Laptop

Intro

The guide below shows how to configure a laptop to automatically boot and launch Pico 8. The laptop will shutdown when the SHUTDOWN command is issued in Pico 8 console.

Requirements

Install Ubuntu

If Windows is installed use MMC / Disk Management to shrink the Windows partition.
Install Ubuntu 22.04 Server (e.g. USB - press ESC or F2 to enter bios);

After booting the Ubuntu 22.04 Server Installer:

• Select Install Ubuntu Minimal
  • If you want to keep Windows, make sure you are not overwriting the partition. Ubuntu will dual-boot if not installed on a full disk.
  • During installation, configure the administrative user. You will use this to update Pico8, etc.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #lich_kings_gauntlet-1 | 2024-05-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Compete in the ultimate tournament of the realm's most powerful mages. Do you have what it takes to rise to the top?

Controls

• Arrow Keys - movement
  • (X) set the target in motion, press it again to detonate
  • (C) dash
  • Enter/P to Pause Menu (Reset Cart to get back to menu)

(Alternative mapping to C is Z and to X is V)

Lich King's Gauntlet is also available on itch.io.

Description

In the Lich King's Gauntlet, you play as a wizard competing in a deadly tournament. Fully utilize your fireball and dash abilities in frantic combat against various types of wizards. Will you survive all the rounds for a chance to fight the Lord Supreme himself?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->