BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #dragowfall-2 | 2024-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ move
⭕️ [Z] Fire / Jump
❎ [X] Skip / Continue

Shadowfax + Pitfall! + Dragonfire

Dragowfall is a mashup of these 3 games from the 80's, in the style of Intellivision, all glued together to form a more intense chivalry-themed adventurous experience: upgrade your stats at shops, save damsels in distress, acquire knighthood, get married, choose between greed and Honour!

You start your adventure as a weak bachelor squire with disproportionate ambition and as much recklessness, to the extent that you volunteered to a deadly quest: you offered your loyalty to the duke promising him to bring back his treasures since the Dragonlord took over the castle and the rest of forts in the region will soon be its next targets.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #supasnek-2 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

my first attempt at a game in PICO-8 :D

0 comments

Cart #korraaang-0 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a prototype for my Avatar game, which I still don't have a name for. I'm releasing a very early prototype just to get feedback. All the elements are included, some more cooler than others. Which is why I need your feedback. I'm open to any suggestions, tips and criticizing.

O to Bend, X to Switch.

2 comments

Cart #bc_custom_detune-1 | 2024-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

• Play detune using a custom waveform.
  • 2ch is synthesized and played using a classical mechanism.
  • Simple memory rotation is lightweight.

If you have created custom waveforms for the two SFX in advance, you should be able to perform detune with just this.

music(1)
sfxb=0x3200+1*68 --sfx 1
function _update()
  poke(sfxb,peek(sfxb+63),peek(sfxb,63)) --rotate waveform memory
end

update history

• v0.2
    • Change duty display
    • SFX selection toggle.
    • Note Adjustment.
  • v0.1
    • first release.
0 comments

Cart #kemayebusu-0 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The gameplay of this is finished but it's unpolished and also crashes when you would get a game over. I'm posting it just in case I never get around to finishing it because I like the gameplay.

1 comment

Cart #bufozewoki-0 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's the latest version of my very first PICO-8 game. It's a casual adventure game with a 4x4 bit aesthetic.

The gist is that the king offers you the throne if you kill the dragon. To get to the dragon, you have to bribe some guards blocking the path. To bride the guards, you have to collect all the loot.

There are enemies running around that you can kill. There are also NPCs to talk to and signs to read. There are keys that open gates.

The current map is just a testing area, but you can go through all the gameplay steps, albeit in an abbreviated fashion. There's an intro screen explaining the controls. After you kill the dragon, be sure to revisit the king.

I incorporated feedback from an earlier version, namely a larger buffer between the player and the edge before the screen scrolls, and a better way to restart the game after you die. (When you die, you enter Ghost Mode. You turn into a ghost who can wander the map at will, but can't interact with anything. The X button will then restart.)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #kozyonuyo-0 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello all. This is my first cart!
It's a WIP and is an extension of @kirbofan's cart.
The music and sfx were taken from @sbmile's cart.

I've added a fair number of the functions but have yet to implement the on_collided functions such as open/shut, hot/melt, you/defeat, and others.

Please let me know what you think!

<https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=baba_is_you#p>;

<https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=baba#p>;

6 comments

Cart #snake1999-1 | 2024-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a version of the Snake game that came on old Nokia phones, complete with simulated phone bezel and greenscale display. To fit within the 500 character jam limit, I had to change a couple mechanics to save space, which made it play a bit more like the later Snake II, so I guess you could think of this as a a late 90's missing link. The name's also a reference to an awesomely funky 70's sci-fi show. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072564/ Hope you enjoy playing it!

Controls

Dpad----Move

Menu----Restart

Sourcecode:

c={}n=5k=20h=9p=85::_::o=ovalfill?"⁶1⁶c6⁶!5f10+⬅️5✽●6⌂3"
for j=0,1do
for i=1,#c do
z=i%4if(btn(z))➡️=(z+(z+1)%3)/4
camera(j,j)?"□⁶!5f34²",p%k*5+16,p\k*5+41,j*7
s=c

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=148603#p)
4 comments

God Save The Cakes!

This is a remake of God Save The Queen a simple but very fun game I played a long time ago on itch.io, for PICO-8!

I made it in around two days, mostly to practice making games, and with pico-8 the whole process was really fun. I love it so far.

Cart #god_save_the_cakes-0 | 2024-05-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A lot of stuff still needs polish (like the round over screen) / the animations, but I deemed it finished enough to be playable right now.

This is my first ever public cart, so lmk where I could improve on things :]

Game rules

The game is for two players (Either two pico8 joysticks or 1 joystick + mouse (select 'Lock joysticks' to prevent the game from swapping controls between joystick 1 and 2).

Both players start with 5 minutes of time as spy,
and take turns as a sniper and a spy.

As a spy, you have blend in the crowd of npcs and poison all the cakes by walking into them.
It makes an audible sound that the sniper has to listen for.
The role of the sniper is to find which one of the party guests is the spy and shoot them.

Points get awarded for every cake the spy managed to poison (or 6 if sniper misses all their shots)
The game goes on until both players are out of time.

0 comments

Cart #thetowerceleste-0 | 2024-05-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

8 comments

hi im younes , am a new in pico-8 , so i will make a game , in roblox and in pico-8 , i have many games i wanna make it , the first game is in pico-8 i named space ship wars . and am an algerian , and i will start the progress in 2024/7/15

0 comments

You've crushed the Wolf Triad and tracked the Commander to his sky base. Turn his bombs against him and bury him in a lunch box!

⬅️&➡️  Hold to run left or right
⬆️&⬇️  Hold to climb up or down chain
🅾️      Tap to jump
❎or⬆️ Tap to catch falling bomb (you cannot be hanging on a chain)

A late Toy Box Jam 2023 game

• Concept, design, program: Iori Branford
  • Graphics, sound: Tom Hall, Lafolie, Toby Hefflin
  • Music: Gruber
2 comments

I'm making an Avatar game and i'm facing a problem with spritework. In the gif I have placed, you see the feet look a bit weird, well to me atleast. Any artists who have a solution?. Thanks in advance.

4 comments

Cart #spaceflight-0 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A game I made for another of my brother's birthdays.

0 comments

Cart #lumbergame-0 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A game I made for my brother's birthday.

0 comments

Cart #spacepig-0 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The inspiration for my 3d game, Space Worm. it is my first project in Pico-8. The game is incomplete beyond 3rd stage.

1 comment

Cart #tasthistrial-0 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #dredds_billabong_ttj9-0 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my entry to TweetTweetJam 9, a game jam where games had to be written with at most 500 characters of code. I ended up using 484 characters.

Billabong is a two player strategy game. Players take turns to flood the maze with coloured liquid. One player fills the maze with red liquid, the other with blue. The player who fills the most of the screen with their colour wins.

To start flooding a channel, tap the screen if playing on a mobile device, or click with the mouse if playing on a desktop machine. The game works best on a mobile device so that the players don't have to share a single mouse.

The stats display at the bottom of the screen shows the players' scores and who has the next turn.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

cart A: (broken)

msg="havent pressed test yet"
menuitem(1,"★test",function() msg="pressed test!" end)

::_::
?"\^1\^c" --https://www.lexaloffle.com/dl/docs/pico-8_manual.html#Control_Codes
print(time(),0,0,7)
print(msg)
goto _

cart B: (working)

msg="havent pressed test yet"
menuitem(1,"★test",function() msg="pressed test!" end)

::_::
flip()?"\^c" --this line is the only difference
print(time(),0,0,7)
print(msg)
goto _

These two carts should behave the same, but the menuitem function in cart A never runs -- after opening the menu and selecting the menuitem, it still says "havent pressed test yet"

cart B works as expected -- it says "pressed test!"

My system is linux / pico8 0.2.6b

0 comments

Cart #parascute-0 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Parascute

Parascute is a 2D game about turtle eggs that have been snatched by an evil eagle. The player is a tortoise that must catch the falling eggs and save them from a fatal fall.

Controls

• Left and Right arrow keys to move around

Rules

The rules are simple: save as many eggs as you can!

To do so, follow along with the flying eagle and catch the eggs it drops. But be careful, sometimes the eagle will drop rocks to break the eggs you have already caught in your basket.

About

The project is meant to be a learning project. The main focuses for this game are to improve my competence in basic music composition and learning to implement an Entity Component System pattern.

I wat to give a shoutout to the amazing

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->