BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Cart #bunny_on_grass-1 | 2024-04-28 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

hello this is my first Picotron Game.

I love Pico 8, so I tried Picotron and I love it.
You can Collect gems forever.
If you change auto to true in the code editor you can use it as a screensaver.

have fun

10 comments

Cart #xanshot_0-0 | 2024-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

XanShot is a mod of Stray Shot that adds some new features and modifies gameplay. I tinkered with this a long time ago when I was first learning pico8 but decided to update and release it!

Features:

• A turbo button (X) which adds a speed boost and faster shooting, but quickly drains score. Useful for getting out of dangerous situations!
  • Gain an extra 15 seconds of time per 500 points
  • Diagonal player movement
  • A new 'DASHR' enemy is added which dashes forward quickly in short bursts.
  • Green Squid enemy: it shoots faster but has a shorter bullet range. No shield, less HP.
  • Orange Guard enemy: less shield
  • Enemies spawn in a semi-ordered and proportional fashion with some randomization.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #map_perf_tests-0 | 2024-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A performance test for showing different ways of rendering the map to the screen

Fork Link

2 comments

Cart #cryptofarm-8 | 2024-05-04 | Embed ▽ | No License

a lil farming game made for the minigame a month april 2024 jam

4 comments

Cart #meeeeep-0 | 2024-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, so im trying to make a platfomer, but when you jump into a wall, a glitch happens, i slide into it and telepoet to the top, how do i make it better and more polished?

3 comments

Cart #triple_jump-0 | 2024-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hop, step, and jump your way to gold in this Track & Field inspired game.

Controls

Alternate S and F to or the left and right arrow keys to run.

Press X to jump.

Rules

You must start your jump before the foul line and then jump two more times before landing in the sand pit. Running across the foul line, in between jumps, or into the sand pit will result in a foul.

Credits

Programming, music, and art by me.

Playtesting by szunami and Liam.

3 comments

Hello, I need some help with an error that I have been encountering in my code. I started coding a few days ago but I have been working on someone else's game. For some weird reason when I call cartdata() in the init function and later in the update60() function I get a error "DGET CALLED BEFORE CARTDATA() IN _INIT LINE 287 (TAB 0) AT LINE 1 (TAB 3) you can see it for yourself if you run the game and chose "TIMED" and collect 25 flowers.

Cart #kuba_mt_1-0 | 2024-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Credit to Lucatron for creating the base game: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=36520

The cartdata() function is in init so I do not get why the error is occuring.

2 comments

Cart #picoball-1 | 2024-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

🏐 PICOBALL 🏐

Play against a bot 🤖 or your friend 👴🏼!

Controls
Player 1 ⬅/⬆/➡
Player 2 S/E/F

Thanks a lot to @cheesemug 🧀☕️ for remaking the game!
Go follow him

10 comments

Cart #raidous-5 | 2024-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

RAIDOUZ

Raidouz is a really simple shoot-em-up type game, you can shoot, you can upgrade and you can even change weapon, but for now not everything is balanced as all things should be. It is a work in progress ! There is still some little bugs but the game is playable and you can get fun with it !

Controls

Z to shoot.
X to change between two weapons.
Arrow keys to move.

The Goal

Have fun, kill everyone and try to score as much as possible !

1 comment

Cart #solar_collection-0 | 2024-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Controls

◀ ▲ ▼ ▶: to move.
z/o: make selection.

Orion CORP. General Pilot Contract:
You will be using a rental Star Catcher vessel. You are welcome to choose whichever craft that suits you from the ship-lot. This document binds you until completion of a full tour of duty. you will be billed for any towing services if you run out of fuel. you will be responsible for the maintenance of your craft. Awards will be given to those who meet the assigned quota. Sign below if you agree.

ORION CORPORATION ltd.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

I've been using the camera(x,y) function to move my camera viewport but now I can't do UI because print() and such work off world coordinates rather than screen coordinates, is there something that would allow me to offset coordinates from the camera position?
Something like screen.x, camera.x, etc

3 comments

32 synthesized instruments for your composing pleasure.

#able_ipack_01

If you've got requests for the next instrument pack, let me know!

Instrument names:

00 - Wist
01 - Industrial Guitar
02 - Bell
03 - Industrial Bass
04 - Farout
05 - Closed Hat
06 - Open Hat
07 - Retro Snare
08 - Flat Kick
09 - Dial
10 - Glass Piano
11 - Flute
12 - Vibran
13 - Horn
14 - Grind Pad
15 - Smack Tom
16 - State Approved
17 - Disturbation
18 - Acoustic Snare
19 - Sweep Bass
20 - Bell 2
21 - Tropic Pan
22 - Funky Bass
23 - Crack
24 - Steel Guitar
25 - Saxophone
26 - Anchor
27 - Undercurrent Pad
28 - Sidestick
29 - Pop Bass
30 - Everywhere
31 - True Synth

4 comments

hi, i wrote an interactive error screen for picotron! on error, it lets you explore the stack, local variables, and shows the source location where the error occurred. use arrows to go up and down the stack, the mouse wheel to scroll, and click on table variables to expand them. you can also press space or x to toggle small-font mode.

Cart #error_explorer_example-0 | 2024-04-26 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

download: https://github.com/snowkittykira/picotron-error-explorer

to use it, download error_explorer.lua and include it after defining your _init, _update and _draw functions.

it replaces these functions which wrappers that call them in a coroutine, so that when errors happen the coroutine can be inspected. on error, it does its best to reset the graphics state, but there might still be cases where this fails so let me know if you run into any issues!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #hwd_elite_dock-5 | 2024-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #hwd_elite_enc-3 | 2024-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is intended to be less grindy and slow version of the NES Elite, suited more for an evening of fun rather than a week of space-trucking. If you're wondering how to play, I've written a Game Manual

Holding down the (X) button and pressing Left or Right is how you navigate menus. Double-tap (X) to select a menu option.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

this crashes picotron when run:

function _init ()
  clip()
end
0 comments

Been playing with modifying Picotron instruments, and sometimes we'd like to add a second carrier oscillator to an existing one while feeding it through the same filter/echo/shape effect. Right now, the only way to do that is to remake the effect manually after the new oscillator and then delete the old one.

0 comments

A short little game about eavesdropping on conversations in the park.

Cart #soztasoja-1 | 2024-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Thanks to my partner for contributing dialogue, and NerdyTeachers for the tutorial on text animations that sparked the idea.

2 comments

EthosLab on Hermitcraft is making a clone of Frogger in Minecraft, so I thought why not make a clone of Etho's minecraft frogger in Picotron.
(Very early wip)

Cart #ethofrogger-0 | 2024-04-26 | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #marching_squares-0 | 2024-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Basically, I’m working on a digging game and am revisiting something I have worked with in the past: marching squares. I recommend looking it up, but basically the way it works in this project is for each “tile” a table of tables is examined and depending on whether each of the tiles coordinates are on or off the algorithm figure out which sides does the line on the square intersect. Sometime marching squares also uses linear interpolation, but since my screen is stored in binary instead of floating point values I am storing intersection points in separate nested tables. The main thing is that each square is checked, and depending on stored values a specific line might be drawn through it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->