BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #glarkvsgooblins-0 | 2024-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Welcome to Glark vs Gooblins! This was my first time using Pico8 and I had a blast.

Use arrow keys to move.

Use Z to swing the hammer in the direction Glark moved!

Use Z to throw the hammer, but make sure you're moving!

Use Z to catch the hammer if it's flying! Careful though!

Use X to throw bombs! Make sure you have some.

Try using the hammer to smack a bomb!

Please leave a comment if you enjoyed the game, and check out my other offerings on Itch.io!

• Spagoodlers
2 comments

PELOGEN2 has released!!

I previously created a 3D modeling tool called "pelogen".
It was designed to run on pico-8 with a minimum amount of data, and with its 16x16x16 vertex coordinates and one-stroke triangulation, it was almost exclusively a tool for myself.

This time, the specifications were revised from there, and the tool was created with an eye to making the data a bit larger and easier to model.

• The vertices will be edited in such a way that triangles are added, instead of the specification of adding vertices one by one.
    And we will set a color for each face.

• You can JOIN the vertices of each triangle to simplify vertex movement and build complex shapes.
  • You can duplicate selected triangles and rotate or flip vertices by a limited number of angles.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #dont_fart_dont_die-0 | 2024-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A pig and a duck have to escape from the sausages factory.

They have to help each other to succeed.

Push the buttons and have some surprises.

2 players only - Use controllers for a better experience.

Arrows to move and a button to jump and a button to fart

13 levels and a final boss. Enjoy beautiful moderns 2D graphics and surround sound.

Don't fart too much and enjoy.

Made with PICO 8 in 48h in Metz in France with Extracoin during the global game jam 2024.

Made by PBeS Studio Extend version with Elisée and Lois.

6 comments

Cart #trustme-0 | 2024-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Control

o - Jump
x - Throw (when carrying a brother)

About

Guide the twin cats to their childhood friend Mii-chan.

This is a cooperative(?) game for two players only.
(Maybe you can play alone by TOGGLE 1P-2P from PAUSE MENU..🙄)

The game is created at GLOBAL GAME JAM 2024.

[32x11]

[sfx]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #rl_launcher-2 | 2024-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

❎ to select (or toggle tag)
🅾️ on tag list to ignore the tag
⬅️➡️ to swap between game list and tag list
⬆️⬇️ to go up and down (WOW, SO CREATIVE!)

I'm back with another silly game launcher. this time, I think my scope is better, and I'm only doing roguelikes. if you have ones you want to be added, just post them, along with any of the tags that apply, thanks for checking this out <3

just to be helpful, here's the games in it so far

porklike
grassland survivor
yggdrasil
beckon the hellspawn
birds with guns
mystic dungeon
kingslayers remastered
buns:bunny survivor
adelie rolling in the deep

8 comments

I am trying to create a script that will run Pico-8 natively on my Anbernic RG35XX Plus.

When I try to get it to run using the pico8_dyn raspi binary I am getting the following error:

SDL Error: SDL not built with haptic (force feedback) support

** FATAL ERROR: Unable to initialize SDL

I've been able to get it to boot, albeit without video, but this is requiring me to build my own version of SDL2, since haptic support is being required by Pico-8 and is not available in the RG35XX native SDL2 system files.

I'd like to avoid having to compile a new version of SDL2 just to "provide haptic support". Is there anything I can do do bypass this requirement in my native SDL2?

Here's my script so far:

#!/bin/bash

# Define variables
SCRIPT_DIR="$(dirname "$0")"
PICO_DIR="$SCRIPT_DIR/pico-8"

# Navigate to the script directory
cd "$SCRIPT_DIR"

# Function to check if a package is installed
is_package_installed() {
    dpkg -l "$1" &> /dev/null
}

# Install dependencies if they are not already installed
if ! is_package_installed wget; then
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y wget
fi

if ! is_package_installed unzip; then
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y unzip
fi

# Check if PICO_DIR exists, if not, download and extract Pico-8
if 

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=140769#p)
20 comments

Cart #sushiboi-0 | 2024-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #roundelierescue-0 | 2024-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

bug: roundelie can kill the player if it is against the left screen edge and the player tries to push it further. if roundelie is on that edge, try not to push it any more or else you will die.
Bugfix in progress but its complicated due to the nature of the bug.

Roundelie Rescue (READ BELOW)

Welcome to Adelie Rescue Team, or ART for short. Here at ART we make it our mission to save as many penguins in need as we can. That is why you're here! There have been reports of ice caps melting around the arctic, more specifically ones home to the rare Adelie penguin variant, "Roundelie" (scientific name "Pygoscelis adeliae Sphericallus"). Roundelie penguins are known for their mobility, or lack thereof. They cant move on their own anymore due to the climate changes in their natural habitat, and we worry they might go extinct. Thats why we called YOU here! Weve sent you to their home to rescue as many as you can. there sadly should only be four or five of them left here, but thats still more then none! good luck out there adventurer! May meep be on your side!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

I made a table with some values and then printed it with the draw function but it just doesnt print anything. There is nothing that gets printed onto my screen whenever I run the game. How do i fix this? code:

star={1,2,6,10,98}
print(star[1])

6 comments

Cart #actionracer-7 | 2024-02-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Action Racer

An arcade racing shoot 'em up. Speed down the highway, collect power ups, and blow up cars - wreaking havoc on the road! How far will you make it?

Changes

• Improved health bar
  • Health does not decreases over time anymore
4 comments

Cart #nugargodehohhhh-0 | 2024-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

will do something more cool with 3d in the somewhat near future :thumb:

0 comments

Cart #fakeitmakeit-0 | 2024-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You have to impress your date by laughing at their jokes.... except you can't understand them! Listen and look for clues to give the appropriate response in order to win their heart!

Made in 48h for Global Game Jam 2024
Jam theme: Make Me Laugh

Controls:
Right arrow: laugh
Left arrow: laugh loudly
X: slam the table

If you skip the tutorial, slam the table to start.

1 comment

Cart #zenhewum-5 | 2024-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Try to solve the maze >:)

Arrow keys to look around
ESDF/up and down arrow keys to move

--Comments in code explain how everything works, so feel free to take it apart, but ill explain here again:
the player has "raycasts" which are lines that can hit certain objects and return data, sent in front of them at different angles. When these rays hit a wall, they draw a line at a height of the reciprocal of the distance to the point that was hit. The reciprocal is used so it creates perspective (far stuff is small close stuff is big).

--IMPORTANT NOTE--
This engine is not the most effective way of doing it, as it does not store map data in strings. It is, however, easier to create maps with this one as you can simply use the built in map editor. If you are willing to lose some efficiency for an easier time, this engine is perfect for you.

--Ps. you can use this in whatever you want, just credit me (also if you don't read any of the other notes in the code at least read the last tab, that one is important)

--Version history
--Old version with reverse fisheye effect and sprite overlapping
--Thanks to @freds72 for pointing these bugs out
--2.0 reverse fisheye fixed and sprite overlapping fixed
--2.1 minor optimizations

8 comments

Surely, You Jest!

A game made by Team Black Bear Roll for Global Game Jam 2024!!

Jam Link
GitHub Repo

Gameplay

Keep juggling the objects in the air, but dodge the bombs and poops! Try and collect a potion to speed up :)

Controls

Left and Right arrows to move.
X and O (z and x) to rotate the trampoline.

Play Now!

Cart #surelyyoujest-0 | 2024-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Screenshots

Credits

• Xenoix - Character design, sound, and music
  • BoxArt - Backgrounds, writing, and... drumroll... box art :)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #picontra-0 | 2024-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Controls (Player 1):

• X: Jump
  • Z: Fire
  • Arrow Keys: Move

Controls (Player 2):

• Q: Jump
  • W: Fire
  • ESDF: Move

Picontra is a demake of Contra. However, this game is not a remake. The game has different level layouts and enemy behavior, as well as a stage based off of Super C.

Additionally, this game features full multiplayer support!

This was a game made in the course of about 3 weeks. I made it because I wanted to gain experience working on a game until it was complete, as well as improve my Pico-8 skills. That being said, I intended to make the game bigger than it was, but had to rush due to my upcoming semester of college. However, I'm still proud of how the game turned out. I'm going to be quite busy soon, but if you encounter any bugs, please comment about them, and I'll take a look.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #wabifemihe-2 | 2024-02-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

just a test for touch control

0 comments

Cart #heartshooter-0 | 2024-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

https://github.com/malltshik/heartshooter

This game is a clone of kevin's game with small adjustments.
I highly recommend to watch kevin's video on YouTube about it.
In my version player must shoot hearts instead of collecting them.

0 comments

I have recently learned to program on the NES, please keep the scope lower, I have 4 3-color palletes to work with here, so some may look worse than the original game, if you have your own idea, please don't post it here, this place is for me to learn the ins and outs of the NES, and I figured Id post it here because its easy for people to think of 8-bit style games, and I'm okay with not making my own stuff for a while, and then after I learn more, Ill try to make more of my own games!

bye for a line!

3 comments

Cart #snake_ahai_v2-0 | 2024-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #tamago-1 | 2024-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just working on a tamagochi like thingy with my daughter

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->