BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #sauna_test_1-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Just a playtest for my game. Tell me feedback about the controls.
Gonna release these after every major change.

4 comments

Cart #cavedivinggonebad-1 | 2024-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is inspired by NuSan's brilliant Flooded Caves, it is a fan game :)

It is your job to save people who went cave diving from drowning! Water is entering the caves, use your drill to carve tunnels to redirect the flow of water and try to save as many people as you can.

Controls:

X or V or Left Mouse Button to carve
Arrows or Mouse to move the cursor

The difficulty still needs some finetuning, do let me know how you like it! The Cave generation is based on GPT`s idea of a Noise Algorithm, I might clean it up in the future cause it was useful to me.

Update 6.1.24

• Updated the menu to reflect the inspiration by

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Cart #picosaber-2 | 2024-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

⬅️/➡️: Move saber left and right.

🅾️: Change the Saber color.

❎: Slice/Use the Saber.

Hit the cubes at the right time and the same color to not lose power.

Credits

Based on BeatSaber VR.

Song by @Gruber - Pico-8 Tunes vol II
Instant 3D plus by @Mot

Note

This is not finished! I have not made an end to the song or a start menu.
Please comment your ideas to make the game better.

:)

0 comments

Cart #mariwonufe-5 | 2024-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

lil springy thing i made in like 30 mins lol

Cart #springy0_2-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Astrotype

A space themed typing game made for the 2022 20 Second Game Jam!

Cart #astrotype-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About

I've always enjoyed typing games, and when thinking of a game that could be played and replayed in 20 second intervals for this jam, this is what came to mind! Although this game has been finished for well over a year, I've only remembered to upload it just now in 2024 😅 Enjoy!

Controls

Astrotype takes a somewhat non-conventional approach to controls- all controls in this game are executed by simply typing words, and is explained in the cartridge!

You can read more about the game here on its itch.io page

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #artifact-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #confetti_clock-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a clock that shoots confetti every second.

It shoots a bigger confetti every 10 seconds, every minute, and so on.

It was a fun first P8 project!

0 comments

coding practice

Cart #kagutamija-0 | 2024-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hi,

I am having trouble programming sprites and collisions.
I am looking for a simple way of accomplishing it; I have tried tutorials on YouTube but there is no success.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 comments

Hello everyone! I've been confused for a long time, on how to make multiple pickups items using the same collision function. I want to use the map editor to place them, but give different values to them for example.
A healing potion: +5 health points
A gold coin: +2 money
Instead of all of them just giving +1. Thank you!

2 comments

Cart #shavian-1 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The Shavian Alphabet

Romanization and Custom Font

What is this?

The Shavian alphabet (also known as the Shaw alphabet) is a constructed alphabet conceived as a way to provide simple, phonemic orthography for the English language to replace the inefficiencies and difficulties of conventional spelling using the Latin alphabet. It was posthumously funded by and named after Irish playwright Bernard Shaw.

The cart contains:

• A custom 4x8 pixel font for rendering Shavian text in PICO-8
  • A chart for the romanization scheme used to type Shavian
  • An example text (the above paragraph) in standard English, Romanized Shavian, and proper Shavian

Why should I care?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #posseste-0 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

posseste

M- Madeline? ...Is everything okay?

Disclaimer: Flashing lights

Thank you to the evercore team for all your hard work on evercore! This mod wouldnt be possible without your work.

5 comments

Cart #jepowojoti-0 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first cart, this is a guessing "game" or flashcard type of study exercise to learn some basic notes for sheet music reading.

I've always struggled to learn the notes on the bass clef and in true programmer procrastination I have now created a tool to learn them (instead of actually learning them).

5 comments

this is my first attempt at doing a "real" game. Will keep working on it. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed!

Cart #the_train_dilema-2 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

edits:
added initial attempt of sound/sfx

0 comments

Hello everyone, how do I combat my sprite sheet, page 2 and 3, altering the lower part of the map, do they share the same data perhaps?
Is it not fixable at all? Please I am open to any response disappointing, or relieving. Thanks in advance.

2 comments

Cave Copter

Cart #cavecopter-0 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

In this game, you pilot a helicopter descending into a cave, and your goal is to get as deep inside as possible without crashing into the ceiling or floor.

Every 20 seconds, the speed of your helicopter will increase, so you will need to stay alert to not crash into the terrain!
The final speed increase is at 400 seconds, after that the game will not get any faster.
This game is a PICO-8 adaptation of the Wii homebrew game Helii.

2 comments

Cart #pressin_buttons-0 | 2024-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a first cartridge attempt. I wanted to experiment with high score saving and a simple single-screened timing game. Along the way I added semi-flexible level configs and a cheat code for selecting a level (think konami). I used exclusively built-in chars and shape drawing (no sprites) for simplicity. The code is a bit of a mess and I didn't add any sfx/music yet.

v2 will likely have better level balance and sfx/music, along with some code cleanup and any bugfixes that are needed.

Feedback appreciated, enjoy!

4 comments

Been working on a Tweetcart mimicking the old lines screensavers, and I've managed to get it pretty small--it's about 300 characters when all of the spaces are removed, but now I'm stuck, and can't figure out a way to shrink it any further.

Here's where I'm at so far:

a,b,c,d={},rnd,128,flr
for i=1,5 do
  a[i]={x=b(c),y=b(c),w=b(c),h=b(c),p=d(b(4)),z=d(b(4)),l=i+7,m=mid,t=c}
end
::_::
for _=1,1000 do pset(b(c),b(c),0) end
for _𝘦𝘯𝘷 in all(a) do
  d={[0]=1,-1,-1,1}
  line(x,y,w,h,l)
  x+=d[p]
  y+=d[(p-1)%4]
  w+=d[z]
  h+=d[(z-1)%4]
  p,z=x+y!=m(0,x,t)+m(0,y,t)and(p+1)%4or p,w+h!=m(0,w,t)+m(0,h,t)and(z+1)%4or z
end
flip()
goto _

This renders a result I'm happy with:

But it's just ~60 characters too long. :( Any one have any advice or suggestions on ways to reduce it further? I feel like there have to be some minimization techniques I'm missing.

9 comments

Cart #wurariyeka-0 | 2024-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->