BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Lexaloffle Pico-8 main page (https://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php) appears to have a horizontal scrollbar at 100% scale both in maximized and windowed mode of Chrome browser (latest stable version).

I suppose it would be cool if the website layout was fixed at some point to remove this scollbar.

Have an above average 2024!

2 comments

Cart #riverdefence-1 | 2024-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

River Defence

Prevent the ships from reaching upriver by placing cannon at strategic positions.

Controls

• Up/Down to highlight an affordable cannon
  • X to select and again to place a cannon
  • Z to cancel selection
  • Up/Down/Left/Right to place a cannon

Also on itch.io: https://ggaughan.itch.io/river-defence

3 comments

A simple game I made to continue testing stuff out and start the new year running. Use left and right arrow keys to move. Z to shoot. If any rocks get past you or you crash into one, you lose.

Cart #path_paving-2 | 2024-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Hello,

I'm posting my second pico-8 game here! Note that it's still a work in progress.

This is a revival of a small game that some friends and I have made in 2009 for an assignment, in our first year as undergraduate students. A video of the original version can be found here.

The idea is that the player controls a polygon and has to hit the side of enemy polygons using their (the player's) vertexes, that is, their "tips", while protecting their own sides. The polygon is moved using arrow keys, and rotated using face buttons.

The force of impact plays a role on the damage, and when a side has received enough damage, it is destroyed and the polygon devolves into a polygon with one fewer side. For example, if it were a pentagon, then it becomes a square. However, if it was a triangle, then it's completly destroyed and dies. Damaged sides recover with time.

Edit: here's a gif to illustrate the damage

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #jetpac_pico-8 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Demake of the classic 16k jetpac for the zx spectrum.

Collect your ship parts and drop them over the base to reassemble, then pickup and drop fuel to refuel.
There are 16 levels to complete.

12 comments

Cart #cat_mouse-0 | 2023-12-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #golfescape-0 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Golf Escape

In this 2D platformer with golf controls, you must aim, charge, then launch yourself around a dangerous abandoned power plant in order to save the worms!

Keyboard recommended.

Big thanks to Rory for contributing to sfx and art, to Polly for supporting me making this and to Connor, Ethan, Joe, Lasse, Polly, Rory and Ruri for play testing.

Also on itch.io:
https://davbo.itch.io/golf-escape

Davbo~

4 comments

"Help Monty the explorer rescue his pal Gerts from the clutches of the evil Py. An action adventure game with dangerous enemies, tricky boss fights, perplexing puzzles and a few fun characters to meet along the way."

The main aim of creating this was to simply finish writing a game!

I was helped by my 2 kids so BE WARNED that it contains some 'humour' that is slightly crude but I take the blame for the snake...

Enjoy!

Cart #monty_and_gerts-0 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #crazytraffic-0 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Little traffic game.

Try to pass a certain number of cars within a certain time.

2 game modes:

• normal mode --> 20 levels
  • custom mode --> create and play your own level

Custom level is stored at 0x1000. It's also saved to the clipboard, so if you have made a fun level, you can share it here and I will add it to the game.

Credits: car sprite based on car of r/PixelArt

0 comments

My first 3D game with pico-8.

How to play
1.) collect badges
2.) once 4 badges are collected you can prestige and unlock an additional 4 harder badges.
3.) go through rings to collect points
4.) if you miss a ring you lose points and time
5.) killing enemies increases how many points you earn when going through a ring
6.) there is a timer that can be increased by going through rings and killing enemies

Cart #sebufezb-0 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #pipozofobe-0 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm making a little physics engine nowadays. This test stage (unlike pinball games, the balls usually jam in the end, between randomly generated walls) is pretty hard one to handle. There still are a lot of unpredictable behaviors...

0 comments

Cart #ohgod-0 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

OH GOD

In this mod, madeline has had one too many drinks and is having trouble... living. "play" this "celeste" "classic" "mod" and "try" to make it to the "top" of the "mountain" as you "progress" through "levels" and the "game" until you "win"!!

This mod is 100% playable,

Thats it.

Good luck if you try playing this, as i couldn't get past 500m in testing. may the hangover gods be in your favor.

7 comments

Cart #laserduel-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Laser duel for up to 4 players.
No single player content yet.
Each button rotates the laser in either direction.
Fire your laser by pressing both buttons simultaneously.

2 comments

Cart #tvstatic_gfx-3 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #pilot_training_grounds-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple arcade style game. Use the left and right arrow keys to navigate the player. Fly close to the obstacles without hitting them to score points.

0 comments

Cart #otoro-2 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A very basic game I am working on to help me learn pico 8 and some of the concepts. It ballooned a little bit...

I can feel that the code is very inefficient, any specific feedback with examples from my code would be welcome.
also... i'm bad at math, and you can see that with my randomize futzing...

My daughter did all of the end game art, so kudos to her for being great!

Enjoy!!!

4 comments

My first post. I'm beginning this blog to document my progress in pursuing a passion project, the creation of my first game. The existence of Pico-8 and 'mini metroid-vanias' such as Metroid Crimson, The Ascent, and Subsurface have inspired me. I grew up with an NES and my finest childhood memories involved exploring the game worlds of Zelda and Metroid. My goal is to create a game with a focus on exploration and environmental puzzle solving with progression through an ability-gated game world. I lack programming experience and have a general aversion to math. I'm hopeful the community here will share its wisdom if I'm earnest in my attempt to understand conceptually all the code and math and I refrain from making a million requests for information.

My progress so far: With the assistance of a set of super helpful youtube tutorials, I've created a player sprite capable of running and jumping using platformer controls. I've also managed to alter existing camera code to track the player character room by room.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Hey guys, I made my first game in PICO-8 for a game jam whose theme was Rhythm!

Cart #spacescape-2 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a demo GIF, which unfortunately doesn't have the main protagonist of the game (the music!):

Would love to get some feedback :)

1 comment

Hi-Steaks!

Cart #hi_steaks-0 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I suggest to whoever sees this, please give me feedback! It would be very helpful in my pico-8 progression.

GitHub Page

[8x8]
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #manmon-1 | 2023-12-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

manmon

So basically manmon just really wants to go back to his little house

manmon is his name, and he is a simple guy, all he really wants right now, is to get to his house...
But on the way he lost all his coins, even his special gem. You have to help him to get back and collect all his coins.

Controls

• C or up to jump
  • Down to crouch
  • Up to use the ladders
  • nothing to use the bouncy slime blocks

More info and stuff:

• So basically I made this game in just a few days, using @Caspians platformer Engine, because I really liked the feeling of the jump
  • The code is really messy, because I didnt really need any compression, and I wanted to finish it quickly.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->