BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #j_t_nightmare_realm-4 | 2023-11-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I procrastinated my Godot Project by creating this game instead. I got a timelapse of the coding process over on Mastodon, it was all done this weekend. So please excuse some messy code bits. Anyway.

Journey Through The Nightmare Realm

You (and up to 7 friends) awaken in a dark dungeon. Nothing is as it seems. You have to stick together to not loose one another in the ever changing layout of the dungeon. The dungeon seems to keep track of your progress and rewards you with some stairs leading deeper into the dungeon every so often.

Controls

Player 1:
X to Shoot
Arrows to move

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Just a fun or education tool in Pico-8.
It is meant to mimic assembly (no particular version) and has by default 16 registers and 18 commands.
Registers aren't labelled, but they are 1-16.
It is easy to expand or reduce if you want to.
I think it is turing complete, although I am not sure.
To type use the keyboard (no support for mobile), enter to make a new line and right arrow to run.

Cart #assemblo8-1 | 2023-11-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

List of commands:

mov [reg_num] [dest_reg] - copies from [reg_num] to [dest_reg];

push [reg_num] [num] - copies [num] onto [reg_num]. If [reg_num]==NR, then modifies number of registers. If [num] is smaller then the current number of registers, the last ones will be deleted. Otherwise, registers will be appended to the end;

and [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - performs logical AND on [reg_num_1] and [reg_num_2] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

add [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - adds [reg_num_1] and [reg_num_2] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

sub [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - subtracts [reg_num_2] from [reg_num_1] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

mul [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - multiplies [reg_num_1] and [reg_num_2] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

div [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - divides [reg_num_1] by [reg_num_2] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

neg [reg_num] [dest_reg] - negates [reg_num] and saves it onto [dest_reg];

dec [reg_num] - decrements [reg_num] by 1;

inc [reg_num] - increments [reg_num] by 1;

or [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - performs logical OR on [reg_num_1] and [reg_num_2] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

xor [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] [dest_reg] - performs logical XOR on [reg_num_1] and [reg_num_2] and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

shl [reg_num] [num] [dest_reg] - performs logical LEFT SHIFT on [reg_num] by [num] places and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

shr [reg_num] [num] [dest_reg] - performs logical RIGHT SHIFT on [reg_num] by [num] places and saves the value onto [dest_reg];

cmp [sign] [reg_num] [num]- compares [reg_num] to [num] using [sign]. If true, skips the following line. List of values for [sign]: 1-greater than; 2-equal to; 3-less than; 4-greater than or equal to; 5-less than or equal to; 6-not equal to;

cmpsb [sign] [reg_num_1] [reg_num_2] - compares [reg_num] to [reg_num_2] using [sign]. If true, skips the following line. List of values for [sign]: 1-greater than; 2-equal to; 3-less than; 4-greater than or equal to; 5-less than or equal to; 6-not equal to;

jmp [line_num] - jumps to [line_num] before or after this one, without triggering lines in between;

halt - stops the program. Required at the end of any program, or else, an error will appear.

0 comments

Cart #gmosufuru-0 | 2023-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #duckard-1 | 2023-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first game made with pico-8, but won't be the last! I had a lot of fun tinkering with it.

This is a simple game where you guide ducks in the enclosure. You score points when they do!

The controls are simple, use the arrows to move and the X button to dash.

Have fun :)!

0 comments

Originally made as my final college project, but polished and published 5 months later.

Arrows to move.
X to travel between "planet's faces"
O to look into the other "face"
O to read signs

Cart #two_worlds-2 | 2023-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

8 comments

Cart #makasoft0001-1 | 2023-11-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Star Trader's Luck

A digital dice game for 1-4 players

Hi all, I discovered Pico-8 about a week ago and after trying it out decided it was best to just develop something as I learn... So I took an old dice game I created way back and programmed a digital version with some animations and music to accompany.

It uses your "typical" roll and re-roll dice mechanic, keeping at least one die each roll. In this case dice represent goods on a planet and the price for each good depends on the amount (supply) in that planet. You can travel to different sized planets and using the optional (and experimental) "Economy" rules, you can also choose between different types of planets that have different sets of dice. These new rules I came up with just now and might need to be adjusted...

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #bas-8 | 2023-12-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Birds and Saws

Experience a nostalgic throwback with this Pico-8 demake of my classic iOS game. Dive into the retro charm and challenge yourself as you guide a bird, skillfully avoiding menacing circular saws to rack up high scores.

Check out the project on GitHub.

Gameplay

Blades ascending from below prompt the player to move upward swiftly, requiring nimble maneuvers to avoid a perilous demise.

• You can initiate a new jump without having to wait for the current one to land.
  • The lower blades progressively increase in speed over time.
  • The saws' velocity is limited, reaching a challenging top speed that demands swift maneuvers to escape.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

53 comments

while coding a game using the international English US keyboard I encountered a bug, I was unable to type ´~´. I then tried English US (for Chromebook) to work around this. I hope you will be able to fix this minor bug.

0 comments

Cart #jotpkdemade-3 | 2023-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A demake of the arcade game from Stardew Valley.

Play through three unique levels with a variety of enemies and power-ups, and two unique bosses.

UPDATE: Prairie King Demade is now fully playable in @taxicomics demake of Stardew Valley 'Pico Valley'! Click here to check it out!

Controls:
Automatically Shoot
Move / Aim - ⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️
Lock Movement - ❎
Reverse Aim - ⓩ
Use Power-Up - ❎+ⓩ

Available for download at itch.io.

Version 1.1:
-Added a info screen with descriptions of all the power-ups and upgrades

[ Continue Reading.. ]

15 comments

Cart #jaipupeur_pbesstudio-0 | 2023-11-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Finally the sequel to the already cult “I’m afraid” from PBeS Studio. Find your favorite heroine, years later, still haunted by her memories. Help her fight her monsters by defeating them all until the final boss. Develop your skills before the final clash.

Two ways to play :

Keyboard and mouse / move with the arrows and aim with the mouse, you can also roll with the right mouse button. Fire is automatic.

Only keyboard / move with the arrows and shoot automatically while fleeing, a button to lock your shot in the desired direction and a button for rolling.

4 comments

Hi,

I have built a handheld console with a Raspberry Pi3, a 3,5" screen and a little bluetooth keyboard. I call it "PICO8 Real Console". I want to use it in spare time playing and editing code to learn and improve my coding skills.

If you want a complete tutorial it is in Instructables and Hackaday.

https://www.instructables.com/PICO8-Real-Console/

https://hackaday.io/project/193505-pico8-real-console

Enjoy!

6 comments

Cart #minisweeper-9 | 2023-11-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

12 comments

Cart #zokorimoro-0 | 2023-11-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I made a part of the Space Harrier Main Theme on PICO-8.
I wonder the music makes noise on playing.
How do I fix it?😢

3 comments

Hi, I am new to pico 8 and am using the education edition. I wanted to try and mess around with multicarts, both playing others and making my own, though I really dont know how. Does anyone know how to load multicarts in education edition?

3 comments

Cart #othello-0 | 2023-11-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Finally decided to take a crack at making pico8 games!

Decided to start with an adaptation of one of my favorite board games.

Controls:

• Move cursor with up,down,left,right
  • Place pieces on legal tiles with X
  • Change cpu opponents in pause menu (3 available!)
  • Enable 2 player in pause menu (play alternates between players on same controls)
1 comment

Cart #bakery-1 | 2023-11-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

you got a good gig so... uh merge 2 identical tiles with 🅾 and arrow keys, and randomize the tile with ❎ for -$1

6 comments

Cart #simiyuhomu-1 | 2023-11-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My first computer (Fujitsu FM-7, in the early 80s) had a BASIC command called 'symbol()', which allowed drawing text as graphics instead of print() to character RAM. It was incredibly slow (I could watch it draw from the top to the bottom) and could only do integer ratio zoom, but we absolutely loved the command...
This small snippet is my attempt to revive it in PICO-8.

EDIT: I've added 'scale_x' and 'scale_y' parameters. When given negative values, the text is flipped.

2 comments

Cart #magic-0 | 2023-11-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Maaaaaaagic

this cart can detect if you are on bbs/SPLORE or on pico-8 editors.

Basically, it detects if you've loaded the cart from online, or have it locally saved. the only way to load from online is from bbs/splore, so its easy to assume its one of the two.

How this works:

Pico-8 carts can use ls() to get a list of files in the current directory. online-loaded carts have no access to the filesystem and bbs has no filesystem, so in those cases ls is returned as NIL. when the cart is saved, only possible on a pico-8 editor, ls() returns as " " or whatever files you have in your carts dir. this cart detects what platform you are on by checking if ls() is equal to nil or not nil, then doing something accordingly.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

An arcade style psudo-3D space sim shooter.

Explore space, protect the galaxy, and take down cosmic terrorists in this thrilling sci-fi adventure!

Updates:

Update 1.06
Game balancing

Update 1.05
Added ship to title screen

Update 1.04
Fixed bug allowing continue without save state, resulting in crash

Update 1.03
Minor UI updates

Update 1.02
Added Logo

Update 1.01
Minor UI formatting.

16 comments

Cart #pongwithbillyandbilly1-2 | 2023-11-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

New features:

New and original news
Now you can control player_1 with x and o

New news coming soon!

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->