BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #solarassaulted-5 | 2023-01-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The sun is under attack

and you're the last line of defense in this Galaga-style shoot-em-up. Fight your way through waves of enemies as you make your way from the edge of the solar system to our sun.

Controls

• Arrow Keys - Move
  • (O)/Z - Shoot
  • (X)/X - Toggle selection for Blast and other special moves

Once the X button has been hit an icon will flash next to the ship, indicating that a special move is ready to be selected. If unlocked tapping an arrow key will activate the corresponding special move

• Left/Right - Barrel Roll
  • Up - Blast

If the special move is not available the icon will disappear and you can resume flying like normal

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #ursamaior-0 | 2023-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Itch.io GitHub

Small narrative game created in PICO-8 for Ludum Dare 52. Tells an alternate story about the birth of the Ursa Maior star constellation.
Enjoy!

Controls

Arrow keys - Move the bear

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

1st attempt was Lazy Dev shmup. The tutorials are great. i have a pause for a bit.= for shmup.
2nd trial was Nerdy Teacher
3rd is this Lunar landing from the Pico8 zine, a lot of trial and error, i noticed if im tired coding at night
there were many2 mistakes and error sadly i copy pasted the codes and happy to see this Lunar landing baby formed.
and trying to upload on itchio as a trial and error and now getting used to it.
Finishing this simple game is a motivation for me. I was so impressed by the light particle system, super buttery smooth animation for Pico8 that wanting me to learn more abt it, credit: Zep, Lazy Dev,Nerdy teachers, Bridgs & others for their tutorials

1 bit at a time

p/s
my main pixel art app is Aseprite. After using Pico8 was wondering if it will be develop further like Aseprite in the future...just a thought..

S

4 comments

Cart #ms_astro_galaxy_prix-2 | 2023-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Welcome to the new Astro space racing championship! Can you beat your own record?

Astro: Grand Prix is a 3D driving game by Moonshine's Pico-Crew subgroup in which you have to race against the clock to get the highest possible score. To do this, you have to reach all three checkpoints in order, with the third one awarding you with a 20 second time extension. The game features three tracks: Lake Raceway (easy), Desert Loops (medium) and Orbit Island (hard). Unlike many other 3D racers, this one plays in a similar way to top-down racing games and the camera doesn't rotate.

Controls:

• Left/right - steer
  • (O)/Z - accelerate/confirm
  • (X)/X - brake

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #crystallographer-2 | 2023-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Created in 48 hours for Ludum Dare 52

-how to play-

Plant crystals on wet ground using x. Planting a new crystal costs money. Water droplets will fall on the crystal causing it to grow. Once fully grown the crystal can be harvested for money. Alternatively you can break the crystal, spreading its fragments to neighboring wet ground tiles. Finding the right balance between harvesting and breaking is the key to getting a high score.

-tips-

Shattering a crystal will always drop the same number of shards as long as there are enough open wet ground tiles for them.

You can know how close a crystal is to its next growth stage by counting how many water droplets landed on it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

On 0.2.5e, the following message is printed to stdout whenever a cart containing any arbitrary meta section is run:

$ pico8 -run test.p8 
codo_free fail 21 0

test.p8:

pico-8 cartridge // http://www.pico-8.com
version 39
__meta:foo__
bar

Carts seem to run fine, so there don't seem to be any other negative effects.

2 comments

Cart #wutbridge-0 | 2023-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Harvest fish daily to keep the baby penguins fed. Be careful, the fish won’t go without a fight!

Move toward a fish while adjacent to it to attack it. Mola Molas (the large fish) take two hits to capture, while everything else only needs one. Carefully plan your route in this turn-based dungeon crawler to out-maneuver the fish- how many fish can you harvest?

My LD52 Compo entry- No background music because of the deadline and also because I still don’t know how to make background music. :(

Controls

Z/X - Skip Cutscene
Arrows - Move/Attack

5 comments

Cart #projectknight-0 | 2023-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone!

After a couple weeks of work, and now that Uni started I do not have time to continue on this project. So I am going to share what I have, it's something incredibly simple, not as good, but something I am really proud of.

Feel free to edit the code, change sprites, anything.

6 comments

Cart #defend_the_kingdom-0 | 2023-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hello @zep

One of my game players reported this.
It seems that Pico8 games downloaded from Steam sometimes fail to start when a controller is connected.

Target game in which the bug occurred.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1448220/KONSAIRI/

Running environment

• Apple silicon Mac.
  • Gamepad "Sony PlayStation® DualSense™ Wireless Controller" ----STORE PAGE.
  • Using Steam's controller linkage function (Bluetooth).
  • Exported cart pico8 version 0.2.2c (also occurs in 0.2.5e)

Crash report

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u615ThHWhl_YEK8agfgb5EENnyzfXKkhnk_ach4XDgA/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your cooperation.

0 comments

Cart #nadborho-0 | 2023-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Created in 48 hours for Ludem Dare 52.

The theme was Harvest, which I honestly lost quite a bit along the way as the weekend progressed, but I was having far too much fun with my character controller to pivot.

You can soft-lock yourself by losing too many twigs in a level, so if that happens you'll have to reset the cart.

5 comments

Cart #legally_distinct_emergency_dog-0 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made a game for my four-year-old nephew. It's a two-player asymmetrical co-op game that is in no way related to any children's copaganda show you might have seen.

Then I got a little carried away and added a speedrunning mode, I can't explain why I did that.

2 comments

Cart #mmproto-0 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a work-in-progress demo of my Pico-8 port of the original NES Mega Man. I made a small initial demo stage to test out my platforing engine, then made some level maps to test out my PicoMap level compression system, and after some success tinkering with a low-token entity system, I figured the whole game looked feasible. It's going to be a longer-term project for sure, but I figured I'd put out some demos as I finish parts of it.

Version 0.1:

• Full platformer engine w/climbing and shooting
  • Eight selectable weapon types
  • Working Pits & spikes w/level restart
  • Level select screen
  • All 6 robot master stages available to explore
  • No music or SFX
  • No enemies

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #gunturtle_strange_garden_v1-0 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Puzzle game- cultivate a garden and feed the demon!

Controls:
Arrow keys to navigate
Z - select menu/uproot plant
X - exit menu

Feed the demon the right kinds of plants to increase the time limit!
You lose when time runs out!

4 comments

Cart #rlybadgame-1 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #rlybadgame-0 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

hello i am hoping the answer is pretty straight forward and im to tired to realize it right now, but i have a table with 5 values and i would like to do something like

table={1,2,3,4,5}

if btnp(X) then table[i+1]

but also have it wrap back to 1 if the table index reaches the length of the table.

essentially a (for I=1,#table do) but only progresses if I press a button

4 comments

Please if anyone can help me, please help me with the sprite and how to make it clear instead of blue and when it collides with the blocks.

1 comment

Cart #tomato_run-0 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tomato Run

Description

This is an endless running platformer game, where you just have to earn the highest running distance, and highest points.

You may step on the crows to add more points!

You may double jump to avoid falling into the cliff.

You may shoot tomato seed to hurt these crows.

Collect higher points by stepping consecutively on the crow.

Controls

Using keyboard

• z to jump
  • x to shoot tomato seed
  • to go slower
  • to go faster

Using gamepad

• ⚪︎ to jump
  • × to shoot tomato seed
  • to go slower
  • to go faster

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #x_self_shmup-3 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Intro

This is my first complete(ish) game, which I made while following along with Lazydevs Academy's "Shmup" tutorial series. I am still in the beginning stages of learning to code, and I found this series immensely helpful - so thank you, Lazydevs!

Rules

It's lonely out in space - your job is to spread love and light to the far reaches of the galaxy. Do you have what it takes to make space into a friendly place?

Controls

Use the arrow buttons to control your ship.
Use the "X" button to shoot your heart blaster.
Use the "Z"/"O" button to fire a bomb, and press "Z"/"O" again to deploy the bomb. After a certain period of time, bombs will explode on their own if not deployed.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #theweb-0 | 2023-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is This?

This is a game submission for the Mini Jam 123: Web. It was built around the theme of, "Web", with the limitation of, "There is No Ground".

How Do I Play?

Behind The Scenes...

Running out of motivation and inspiration to make original games, why would I not join a game jam? And that's what I would do. The experience of making this game would be fun, mainly because there would be no over scope, crunch or anything like that. I hoped that I would get into experiences like this. As per the gameplay inspiration itself? Subway Surfers meets casual shmup.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->