BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #shapes-0 | 2022-07-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Draw shapes
Press x to switch shapes
Line, Rectangle, Oval

0 comments

[#bumugugapo-0#}
This is a game that is in progress so not much is going on.

Controls

Arrow Keys for movement

Information

I just started working with PICO-8 and use tutorials to make games like these. In the future I hope to make this into full game that you can play!

I think this would be the link : https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=114974#p

3 comments

Cart #quincunx_xietanu-0 | 2022-07-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Quincunx - a Bean Machine

A Quincunx, otherwise known as a bean machine or Galton board, is a device designed to demonstrate how bell curves appear from combinations of random events, and so why they appear so much in nature.

A physics-based statistics toy

This cart (roughly) simulates marbles bouncing through a grid of pegs and landing in bins at the bottom - for anyone who enjoys watching marbles fall or maybe wants to demonstrate some statistical principles themselves.

The bins have a bell curve overlaid on them that should match the approximate pattern of the balls once they have all fallen, so you can test how consistent the simulation is with the theory.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #golden_gorge-2 | 2022-08-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What is Golden Gorge?

Golden Gorge is a 2d pixel art platformer made in PICO-8 including: unique bosses, characters, mini-maps and enemies.

Controls:

Arrow Keys = Move
X/V = Pickaxe
Z/C = Jump

What's the Aim?

The aim is to get back to the ship harbour before it leaves meeting friends and foes along the way.

What can I do when I'm Done?

You can check out the Discord Server and YouTube Channel of course!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGlb0MYQrOka241hsrGZJg

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Hi all,

On a whim, I thought I'd try the dset/dget on PICO-8 after uploading to itch.io.

I got relatively excited, as I noticed after a refresh, the dget did indeed return the previous number saved. I thought I was on to a winner!

But as it turned out (I think) this is more of a local save. Perhaps in a cookie? I tried on a different browser, and the value had not been set.

I was hoping to get a high score table of sorts in itch.io. I figured they may clear their files regularly, but at least it could be there for a while. I think I'm being optimistic !

Anyone have any ideas how I might implement something like this on itch.io?

3 comments

Cart #panayakeka-0 | 2022-07-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Hello, here is my first game.

It is an adaptation of a scene in the film TRON with the lightcycles.

Hit C key to begin game

Player one directions : LEFTT UP RIGHT DOWN
Player two directions : E S F D

Yellow bonuses give lightcycles a laser shot when touched.

Player one shoots with X button, player two with A

The laser breaks everything and creates a shortcut when hitting a wall.

Cart #wokusimeja-8 | 2022-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

In one player mode You have to collect all yellow squares to open the exit.

You have three lives.

You can have a shot in the middle area.
This time shots doesn't break exit walls.

15 comments

Cart #tuple_sum-0 | 2022-07-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

SUM() returns the sum of the numbers in the given arguments.

• If the argument contains nil or false, the result will not be correct.
  • If too many arguments are given, Out of memory is returned. (In the sample, up to 710 arguments)
  • This function consumes 15 Token.

If you are concerned about some of the problems, consider using the "More Argments Ver" code.

--more argments ver(17 token)
function sum(a,...)
 foreach({...},function(v)
  a+=v
 end)
 return a
end

Other tuple trick code: INRNG()

0 comments

Cart #snakes-0 | 2022-07-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Snakes!

Play with a friend or against the computer for the crown!

Use the arrow keys to control the red snake, and X and O to control the blue snake.
Collect various fruits and objects to increase your score and length, or, power up.

Radish -

Adds 1 to your score.

Feather -

Speeds you up for 15 seconds.

Shield -

Makes you invincible for 15 seconds.

Peach -

Adds 5 to your score.

But watch out!

Make sure to avoid blockades and other snakes!

I would absolutely LOVE to see you make an A.I. Go ahead! Please.

2 comments

Cart #goweniyosu-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

thanks to aKidCalledAris for his tip on object detection: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=36544

0 comments

Cart #tweetreact-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I decided to try making a tweetcart, this is my first. It's exactly 280 chars. As for playing: simply press the buttons the game shows quickly before time runs out

4 comments

Cart #picotalegame-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PICOTALE

It's a little recreation of Sans' combat in Pico-8. I hope you enjoy it.

Controls

-Arrows to move.
-Z or X to action.

Credits

Made by Luife.
Music by Nabodev

8 comments

Hey y'all

Long shot, but I got hold of an RG300 handheld the other day. Great fun! Wondering if I can get PICO-8 on it. Seems the RG351 supports it, but not the 300....

Anyone had any success with getting it installed?

1 comment

Cart #brp_avoidyourpast1-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is my submission for Mini Jam 111: Colors².

Your goal is to maximise your score. May it be by collecting coins (10 points for each) or activating paints (3 points for a orange one, 1 point for a pink one).

Your enemy is your past self – every time you pick a coin, a memory of your movement appears. You have to avoid those memories to stay alive.

Orange and pink paint drops result with a temporary effect. Orange paint makes coins disappear, so you cannot pick them. The pink one makes your past selves disappear, making you invulnerable.

Controls:

• arrows – change player's movement direction

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #a_dicy_boss_fight-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

# A dicy boss fight
Oh no! All the bosses of our past video games have decided to fight us :S Please help us defeating them!

how to play:

Roll the dice to fight each boss. The damage dealt depends on the dice results. You can re-roll a few dice per round. But beware, the opponent does the same! After defeating the boss, you can swap one die with the opponent. There are different dice, try to collect the best ones! Roll combos to get bonuses.

controls:

• x: X on keyboard
  • o: C on keyboard
  • use arrow keys to select dice and options

about:

• made in about 24h for the GMTK Jam 2022
  • made with pico-8
  • made by saturn91 and EinsteinsErbe
6 comments

The game I'm working on "The World Under" is 95% done!
I'd love to collab with a musician and have music for my boss fights. Can be music that was already made aswell

5 comments

@zep:

I just marked the last 5-posts in a row as SPAM.

May I suggest you change the settings that anyone who creates an account in here be not allowed to post links on their very first day when they create an account. If they write a post the day after, accepted.

This would greatly cut down on the amount of fly-by SPAMMING we've been receiving as those 'bots live off of posting unwanted links in their very first post.

Thank you.

2 comments

Folks, I am sorry I am just not understanding this ASTAR code at all that is provided in the 4th Pic8Zine magazine.

while #frontier do
    current=popend(frontier)
  local neighbors=getneighbors(current)
  for next in all(neighbors) do
    if came_from[vectoindex(next)]==nil then
      insert(frontier,next)
      camefrom[vectoindex(next)]=current
    end
  end

For those of you unfamiliar with this it is the ability in any programming language where you can have a computer-driven element intelligently find the best and shortest path to a point, even if there are walls in the way, IE:

Here I made a map. The little yellow guy is trying to find the blue flag. As you can see if we use the standard beeline approach, he will get stuck on the red square.

Using ASTAR however he will follow the brown arrows around and truly find the shortest distance to the target. The "!!" represents ways that could be traveled but are not because they will take a longer distance than the one shown here.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #chepsy-0 | 2022-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Chepsy's Shmup Demo

Controls

Press X to Shoot, Z to "Use Bomb" (Currently Bombs are a WIP and don't do anything gameplay related)

WIP

This is a Shmup I'm doing following LazyDevs' shmup tutorial as a way to learn programming

0 comments

Cart #on_a_roll-1 | 2022-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

15 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->