BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Hello,

I am new here. Not sure I should post here.
I am trying to get an invite to slack but when submitting my email I get "Hmm.. Sorry, something went wrong." error.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

3 comments

mouse_in_world_space

How do you get the mouse x and y based on world space ?

4 comments

Hi all, just a quick noob question. I'm struggling with making two objects (asteroids in this case) coming down a trajectory on x,y and colliding, deflect each other a little more realistically (but without having to implement a physics engine!). I don't have the maths skills as of yet, I'm guessing something to do with angles/trigonometry?

At the moment I'm basically forcing the leftmost asteroid to the left and the rightmost object to the right, but 90% of times this just looks very unnatural.

Would someone kindly point me some resource I could check up on/read/watch on how to approach this? I don't have the smarts to figure it out on my own, but will be more than ok researching it on my own - just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Pedro.

5 comments

Cart #spacemen-0 | 2022-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

With the theme of this jam being "Roll the dice", I made a game where you set your team up and roll the dice on who attacks. There are different effects that interact with each other and I am still working on the game! After years of saying that I wanted to join the game jam, I am making my first game!

I haven’t had the time to make a proper tutorial, but here is a little explanation. At the beginning, you choose three heroes you want to bring to the battle. Afterwards, you can press x to “roll the dice” and a random hero will attack. Each hero can have attributes. There's: Lighting (battery icon), explosion (bomb icon), nature (leaf icon) and fire (fire icon). Lighting does 2 damage to lighting, explosion does 1 damage to all the opponent, nature heals everyone 1 hp, and fire does 2 damage to nature. I still want to keep working on it and improve and add stuff to it. If you have tips and recommendations, tell me!

Cart #fimenudoga-0 | 2022-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

hi im new to pico 8

0 comments

Cart #catch_stuff-0 | 2022-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

haha you know when you learn to make games and the tutorials are always like 'make a game where stuff falls from the sky and you catch it'

this is that but I didn't use a tutorial.

My first ever game which isn't just a tutorial, and my second total.

Hope it brightens your minute

5 comments

Cart #kaheyiwiyo-1 | 2022-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

7 comments

Cart #jokukifiti-1 | 2022-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Use Z key!!

https://gist.github.com/mal2994/80477bfe7b8c14a61ffd96097e576113

0 comments

What are everyone's favorite development environments for working with Pico8? What are its pros/cons?

Personally, I enjoy the built-in editor. I always launch from the command prompt to make use of the printh() debugging features.

But I've also messed around with using visual studio code and had a good time there.

2 comments

Aw man, I'm so sorry, I feel really silly... How on earth do you generate a random bool? I can't find any way to cast an int into a bool, so I'm down to doing the sort of stuff below:

randbool=flr(rnd(2))
if randbool==0 then randbool=false else randbool=true end

This feels really dirty and silly. What's the established way of doing this please? And apologies in advance.

Thanks,

Pedro.

9 comments

A fun little project trying to replicate a tamagoshi like game, now in english!

Cart #picopeten-0 | 2022-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #dezoitoddish-1 | 2022-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

I've been drawing for 8 months every single day. and I really like Pico 8, so I thought I can mix two and two together . my profile drawing was made 4 months ago so my art skills have been going up from there. I'm not the best at pixel art but I can try. thx for reading.

0 comments

hi guys >:)

1 comment

Cart #aramith-0 | 2022-06-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #zegisuhuha-1 | 2022-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

this is definitely not anything related to the walkman demo i posted earlier this year (not even sure if it was this year)

1 comment

ive loved pico 8 the whole year, but now that schools over, i dont feel like playing as often. ill come in time to time, but i will probably not be playing at all anymore. i will never forget all of the amazing games created by all of you, but im afraid its my time to go. love you all, Jaeson Pickens.

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->