BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #you_are_awesome-0 | 2022-04-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You are amazing and special, and don't let anyone make you think otherwise!

0 comments

Cart #wobozotowa-0 | 2022-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Tagged as work in progress.

Press C to shoot
Press X to hyperspace (move to random X location)

Powerups

• Green ball - dual lasers
  • Blue ball - drone

Enemies

• Small, big spinners - will destroy your ship if hits the ground
  • Ufo - will shoot at your ship, look out

Asteroids, there's lots of them, shoot them down and rack up your score. If they land, they will take some score away!

Somewhat of a Demake of Astrosmash. Let me know what you think.

Planning on adding a level system, more powerups, highscores, better sfx and gfx. Will attempt sprite rotations, but we'll see how that goes :)

0 comments

In this forum, I'm having an odd problem. I can't see it anyway when I'm creating a topic in this forum. I started trying out yesterday and almost posted three or four topics, but I can't see any of them. What is causing this? Has anyone encountered such kind of issue?

9 comments

Cart #mizetohh-0 | 2022-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hello to anyone that sees this. I'm in the middle of working on a Pico 8 game, and it's turning out great so far, however I'm running low on graphics space and I need the whole map for the levels so I can't use the second half of the graphics space. If there's a way around this, perhaps a poke() function that I'm not aware of, or another method, and if someone could tell me that would be great! Thanks!

3 comments

If anyone has any ideas for a modded game, I will try to do them after I finish Celeste ;)(https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=47464). Attach either the cartridge link or the cartridge please

Editing Infinite- Make sure you have the author's approval!

1 comment

Cart #kfladsjljfdksa-2 | 2022-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

An unfinished project i'm working on, posting it for school rn

when the text disappears, the bouncing is over, and can be restarted with z

1 comment

Cart #csign1-1 | 2022-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WIP

https://github.com/alpeza/csign-game.git

1 comment

Cart #voided-2 | 2022-04-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

For his crimes against humanity, the blue humanoid has been condemned to eternal speen.

2 comments

Cart #denali-0 | 2022-04-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Description

Denali is a community project that has been worked on for a long time now but got abandoned, so we decided to release what we have so far for April fools. Just to be clear though this is a community project, and just because I'm publishing it doesn't mean i did all of the work!

Instructions

Z/C: Jump
X: Dash
Left Shift: Grab

Contributors

ThatFinn: Programmer and Level designer
Expl0zion: Artist, Decorator and Level designer
FlyingPenguin223: Programmer
Kamera: Decorator and Level designer
Sheebeehs: Artist and Decorator
Michael: Programmer and Level designer
Rav: Level designer
Sparky: Programmer, Decorator and Level designer

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

If you were dying to get your hands on a physical copy of Toxic Invaders, now's your chance!

This limited edition of Toxic Invaders has been written to a beautiful, translucent 3.5" floppy disk. The included protective case can be used to delightfully display the game.

The 1.4MB disk contains a uniquely signed PICO-8 Cartridge , the classic Windows executable, a web version for most browsers, the soundtrack PICO-8 Cartridge, and a retro readme for the complete floppy experience!

Head over here to check it out!

1 comment

Cart #linearflood-0 | 2022-03-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

L and R click to make it increase/decrease

i made it on TIC80 while making a game about memory loss and this was a very special VFX that i made for it.

it places a lot of circles (called shadows) in a grid on the screen, and then resize then cased on something (a player or a mouse position)
the far away it is, the bigger a circle is; when it's closer, it becomes small or invisible

it also uses a lerp function to be smooth, and a "flood" variable to define how much of the screen is covered by circles

for more stuff like that visit me at linearharu.itch.io

0 comments

Hi everybody!
I'm definitely NOT making a Half-Life demake and i need some help with SoundFX. I´m sure some here are familiar with the NOT Source material, i want to nail the sound effects in pico8-scope. Just post them here and I'll be sure to credit and thank you.

It´s NOT going to be a quick summary of the events in the Black Laser Reserarch Facility through the eyes of Gordan Leeman.
I´m still looking for perfect step sounds, weapon change sounds and enemy grunts. And of course any help is welcome, if you got more ideas. Thank you very much <3

0 comments

Cart #walking-1 | 2022-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #grass_legend-0 | 2022-03-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first proper game and I hope that you enjoy this game I have made :)

1 comment

❤❤❤

Cart #heart_for_you-1 | 2022-03-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

5 comments

Cart #pico_poly-1 | 2022-03-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Now you can view all your favorite (regular) polygons, in Pico-8! Now isn't that just neat!

0 comments

I'm trying to make a radial sight function for the enemies in my game

I want them to know if the player has entered a radius around them, and be able to control the angle of their sight according to their direction
So basically it's checking if the player has entered a sector of the radius around them, and also being able to control the percentage of the sector and its direction.

I thought about splitting the radius around them into directions, as seen in the image. I'm not sure if that's right.

I'm terrible at math so I couldn't figure this one out, I'd appreciate the help

this is the closest solution that I found, but I couldn't make it work
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-whether-point-exists-circle-sector-not/

3 comments

Cart #pixel_adventure-7 | 2022-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #wojirakewa-0 | 2022-03-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->