BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #stargate-12 | 2022-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Warning : Just like the original game did, this game's visual effect may cause photosensitive epilepsy for some people. Be careful if you had a hard time playing the original defender or stargate.

This is a port of Eugene Jarvis' legendary title Stargate, a sequel to Defender.

I did my best to make it as faithful as possible but the difficulty is intentionally lower than the original, so it won't be so frustrating.

Protect 10 humanoids from the aliens and prevent the planet destruction. Your new friend, Stargate will help your mission by quickly sending you to the desired area when a humanoid is in danger. By collecting 4 humanoids and getting into stargate, you can warp 3 waves.

Controls :

X : fire laser

Z : Invisto

Z while holding X : Smartbomb

Z when you had ran out of invisto : Hyperspace

13 comments

Cart #strong_and_stable-0 | 2021-10-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A game for LD49. Fight an angry Theresa May who is no longer "Strong and Stable"! Based on a silly piece of British Political Humour.

2 comments

My Ludum Dare 49 Game "Frappy Clow"!!

Made in 48 hours by myself.

--Controll

arrow -> move

z -> jump

x -> pary, reflection

--

Enjoy!!

If you meet any troubles or bugs, please send me.

Cart #ld49flappycrow_3-0 | 2021-10-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #brake_machine_broke_ld49-1 | 2021-10-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'll be real, I totally forgot Ludum Dare was even a thing until about two weeks ago, so this kinda caught me off-guard, but I actually made a thing this time! Maybe should've spent more of the last 48 hours actually working on it, but even if it's not as great as I'd hoped, it's more than I expected. No built-in restart feature, so the cart will need to be reset for each new attempt (pause/press ENTER and select "RESET CART" from the menu).

CONTROLS:
-Press X to start
-Press the Left and Right arrow keys to turn the car left or right

Please note: this game IS kind of difficult, and each run isn't supposed to last very long (after all, if the car could be driven reliably for a length of time, it wouldn't be very unstable, would it?). As such, taking two or three runs is encouraged to get a feel for the track/controls (think of an RC car that can only turn at sharp right angles).

1 comment

I've made a couple of carts that I plan to use as a visual installation.
My setup is this:
One loader cart that selects a random number as index.
The loader cart uses the random number to index and load one of the visualiser carts.
When the visualiser cart has run for some time, it loads the loader cart again.
Repeat infinitely

The setup works pretty decent, but I have two issues:
Often the same visualiser cart gets selected several times in a row.
The random number generator tends to select some of the carts far more often than others.

My idea was to create an array that saves the indices in the loader cart. If the index is in the array, it should select a new number.
The issue is that the array in the loader cart doesn't seem to persist in between loads.
I tried passing the array to the visualiser cart but stat(6) doesn't seem to accept arrays.

Am I overcomplicating things and there's a simpler way to do it?

2 comments

Cart #aliendisco-0 | 2021-10-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

“The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing.” - James Brown

You’re a little alien trying to impress your alien friends on the dance floor. They seem particularly excited when the dance moves they want to see match the disco lights you move through.

Unfortunately these lights as well as the audience's taste are quite unstable and change their patterns constantly. And oh no, add to that your unstable little alien body that leaks stamina every second you dance. To crown it all, the unstable sound system pumps out increasingly alien (duh!) music over time as well.

Can you still find the matching moves in all this craze and keep the buzz going?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

a simple ball demo
control the ball with the arrow keys, press z and x for fun

Cart #bofegmabu-0 | 2021-10-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #dubosasbo-0 | 2021-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey all! I wanted to try my hand at making a small PICO-8 game. Currently you can only fly around with the arrow keys, but I hope to add planetoids or enemies later.

0 comments

When you want to use the shared part of the worldmap, you can only definied 127 Sprites. In Map-Editor the high-bit 0x80 is completly unused.

It would be nice to set a "Map mode" to use this "wasted" bit. Possible solutions would be one of this

• Flip X
  • Flip Y
  • Use second palette / apply fill pattern

With Flip you can simple reduce the needed sprites with flipping:
[16x16]

Also second palette you can reuse sprites like here (cloud/bush)
[24x16]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

When trying to save a gif longer than 90 seconds on Linux, PICO-8 runs into a segmentation fault (91s crashes, 90s doesn't)
This seems to be happening in a call for free() inside the gif_free_all function
Windows works fine up to the limit of 120s, haven't tested on Mac.

1 comment

my left and up arrow, are stuck in just the web pico x_x

0 comments

Cart #rtype-5 | 2022-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

After months of hard work, here is the NEW release (1.3) of Irem’s R-Type* pico-8 port, featuring the 4 stages in a 32kb cart! (Similar to the PC-Engine port, with 4 in a 256kb hu-card.)

In addition, there are:

• 30 enemies with most attack patterns and weapon replicated (albeit simplified)
  • 4 HUGE bosses
  • 3 force types with 2 levels of power
  • 60 fps action with arcade-style graphics
  • Awesome 5 tracks soundtrack by the great @dhostin (YouryKiki) based on Masato Ishizaki's original score, you can listen to the OST on SoundCloud

Hope you enjoy it and please, give me some feedback on performance, especially on lower-end machines.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

23 comments

Cart #siharafasu-0 | 2021-10-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WIP for a simple golf game I have been working on.

0 comments

Cart #mot_grandprix_editor-2 | 2021-10-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the track editor for Mot's Grand Prix

I don't recommend running this in browser as you cannot save/load tracks - anything you build will be lost.
Rather download the file and run it in Pico-8 itself.

You will also need to download the main game and run it in Pico-8 in order to race on any tracks you create.

This editor requires a keyboard and mouse.

Existing tracks

You can download the tracks from the existing game from this Google Drive folder. Place them in your carts folder (next to the editor) then select "Load" from the editor hamburger menu (top right) to load them.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

by GPI
Cart #picman-1 | 2021-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

It is a Pac-Man close, so simple use the direction-buttons to control Pic-Man.

Rules

[24x16]

You control Pic and your goal is to eat all pills to win the maze.
[16x16]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Hi guys.
I just thought I'd share what I have achieved so far.
Not much, I know, but it's slow progress.

Arrows, left and right to run.
Z to double jump/stomp on ground.
X to jump

I'm not overly happy with the bounce about that the bad guys to when they get ground stomped.
Sometimes they bounce too high and long, other times, hardly at all.
I have no idea how to fix that!

The spider, finding the highest level through a gap, I'm quite pleased with.

Have a looky, see what you think.

Cheers

Cart #zukizuzomi-4 | 2021-09-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #voronoi_shader_1-0 | 2022-03-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Left/Right: change shader
Up/Down: change number of nodes
z: shuffle nodes

A cart for messing around with raster patterns. I love drawing shapes without actually drawing shapes, if you see what I mean.
The "shaders" are just simple formulas to select the pixel colour based on distance to the nearest two nodes.
Interlaced scan speed adapts when the number of nodes changes.

2022-03-09 - slight speed improvements, tweaked the adaptive bit.

2 comments

Arrow keys to stretch and squash the curve, "c" to confirm once your curve matches the given curve.
To add: time limit, title screen, sound, pretty background.

Cart #sinematch-1 | 2021-09-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #basic_visualizer-1 | 2021-09-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A Very Basic Visualizer I made. Feel free to play around with it at your leisure!

0 comments

Cart #ruzerusunu-1 | 2021-09-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->