BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Die anywhere Else

Night in the woods or NITW is one of my big discovery this year.
So in honor of this game i decide to create in less than 3 days a replica old school with the beautiful Pico-8 of the bass game.

Gameplays

In this game you had two mode.

First is the mode when you need to press button on right moment to play note. It's a mode where you can score point and had the same felling if you play the original game 30 years ago.

The seconds is the mode music only that let you apricated the 8-Bit cover of the song.

Controls

The controls in this game to play a notes are:

• LEFT: for first string.
  • UP: for second string.
  • DOWN: for third string.
  • RIGHT: for last string.

Game

Cart #nitw_die_anywhere_else-0 | 2021-09-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Feature Request:

a config.txt option to allow PICO-8 to respond to gamepad input even when the window is not in focus

I imagine this option would be disabled by default, but it would come in handy for a workflow which is very common for me, wherein both PICO-8 and an external text editor are open side by side (and sometimes also a terminal window for viewing printh output) and I want to be able to control something in the game with my gamepad, but then also be able to type in a different window using my keyboard, without having to switch windows as frequently. Obviously in this out-of-focus situation PICO-8 would have to ignore keyboard input, but still respond to gamepad input.

love,
kittenm4ster

1 comment

Cart #arcus_trigoni-0 | 2021-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Democart submitted to Lovebyte Battlegrounds! Code, gfx, and initial music done by me, and Gruber helped make the music actually sound good :D

Can see some of Gruber working on it over here! https://youtu.be/jCBgTHLK2U4

1 comment

Parameter string (stat(6) breaks between reload.

Stat(6) is read correctly on first boot, but after reloading the cartridge (ctrl+r), the parameter string is cleared and calls to stat(6) in the "new session" are always blank.

This makes using stat(6) for something like a debug flag unfeasible, and seems to me to be a bug.

Demo Cartridge:

print("stat6:")
print(stat(6))

Invoking the program with pico8.exe -run stat6 -p debug:

First run

This is correct; the parameter string was 'debug'

After reloading with ctrl+r

This is incorrect; the parameter string should still be 'debug', but was cleared.

0 comments

Pico-8 has very strange behavior when logging information to stdout.

On Windows, running pico8.exe from cmd.exe doesn't block the shell (which running a program that outputs to stdout should), but statements from printh are still logged to the console window.

However, using a standard terminal like cygwin bash does correctly block the program and wait for output, but the output doesn't show on screen.

Demonstration: (bash first, then cmd)

I can't inspect the Pico-8 source code to be sure, but it seems there's some strange workaround for Windows behavior going on that breaks standard stdout behavior?

0 comments

Cart #takudutotu-0 | 2021-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

CharSet Editor for Pico 8

Download

github.com - CharsetEditor_Pico8

Short manual

A simple tool to create fonts for the virtual console pico8.

Left click on the charset to edit this char. Right click will copy the current char to this position.

Left click on the char will set a dot, right click will delete it. With the cursor keys you can shift the current char. "Set Default" will reset the current charater to the default.

"Lo Width" are for chars with a code <= 127, "Hi Width" for code >=128.

With "Copy" and "Paste" you can copy the complete Charset to the clipboard as a string embeded in [[ ]]. Don't indent the string, it could change the font! In pico 8 you need the following code to transfer the string to the memory:

function str2mem(data)
		local t,a,i,c,d,str,m = split(data)

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=97849#p)
6 comments

Cart #yebusiyuyo-0 | 2021-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #karomozayi-0 | 2021-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

I had written a small tool for pico8, but it is written in pure basic and the resulting program is a nativ windows application.

Is it allowed to present this tool here with a link to a github-page, including the source code, the binary and how to use it with pico8?

1 comment

Cart #elmskeep111-0 | 2021-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Arrow keys control the character the mouse is used to interact
some minor bugfixes
major defense increases health bug fixed

0 comments

Cart #robtherich-0 | 2021-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rob the Rich 1.0

Guide Rob the robber through single screen platform levels and help him steal all the money laying around. Avoid the cops and their devious traps. Be quick though. Rob forgot to change pants before going out and he has holes in his pockets and all his money keeps falling out.

Controls

Arrow keys to move
Z to jump

[0x0]

4 comments

Cart #drvalix_pong_8-2 | 2021-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first game with pico-8.

A simple clone of Pong

Dev with Love and Kenobisboch

0 comments

function namer()
if e.name == 1 then print(rat,48,10)
end
end

13 comments

Cart #neo_1-0 | 2021-09-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello

I would appreciate your feedback.
I really enjoy creating mods for this game and these should be more unique in the future.
Let me know if you can make it to the end, it won't be easy.
Please let me know your best times and I would be very happy to see videos about it, whether it's a first attempt or a speedrun.
i will soon upload a lighter version and a sequel is already being planned, but i need more time, experience and your feedback.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #wg_ps_bugged-0 | 2021-09-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I am working on a productivity suite of sorts for PICO-8, and this is the very early version for the text editor.
The bug comes from scrolling with up and down. To reproduce, do the following:

• Type some text on the top line, press enter
  • Type some text on the second line
  • Scroll as far down as possible
  • You should see the entire second line.

• Delete all
  • Leave top line empty, press enter
  • Type some text on the second line
  • Scroll as far down as possible again

You should now see that the top two rows of pixels of the second line are not visible.
My code does not measure the length of the text, but the length of the table containing all lines, separated by new line characters. I have tried to debug, but that has not yielded any results.

2 comments

Cart #duo_league-4 | 2021-09-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A remake of my TIC-80 game Duoswitch, featuring new graphics, bugfixes and slightly different gameplay incluiding a high score system and being able to win the game.

There are two types of blocks: green and red. When O is pressed on the tile selected by the cursor, it will add one point to your score if it's green or make you lose one if it's red. However, in every turn, a random direction is set for the next block to generate new adjacent tiles, which can be seen in the "next" area of the screen. If you reach the board's corner, you will lose the game and be sent back to the title screen. To help you, there is also a power up that can be triggered by pressing X and allows you to turn a red tile into a green one. Can you clear all of the green tiles?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #picoprime-0 | 2021-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

this is my first game.
let's enjoy prime factorization.

0 comments

by -max
Cart #donj-6 | 2021-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #phoenix08-0 | 2021-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my take on the 1980 arcade classic, Phoenix.

Downloadable versions at:
https://pahammond.itch.io/phoenix

Thanks To

• Finn for testing
  • Paul Niven ( @NiVZ) for creating such a cool logo

Version History

• 0.80 - 23-Sep-2021 - Released
15 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->