BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #siherojoma-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first Pico-8 game. Please be kind lol. I have some other features in mind that I am thinking of adding as well. I also want to make it look better.

0 comments

by Amac
Cart #gikihokubi-4 | 2021-07-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #yodigimupe-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Simple counter I made to keep track of the average time between clicks.

0 comments

Cart #spaceshooter-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

the release of my first game a small space-shooter

enjoy :p

0 comments

Cart #jetafeteke-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

I was playing around in the sound editor again, playing with the new filters, and found a pretty cool distorted guitar sound. So naturally, the metal soon followed.
The songs in order are Judas Priest - Painkiller, Slayer - Angel of Death, Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, Alice In Chains - Them Bones, Entombed - Left Hand Path, Metallica - Battery
[sfx]

5 comments

Cart #picozelda-2 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A Pico Sized Adventure

Join Link as he fights through 3 dangerous dungeons, solves dastardly puzzles and fights deadly bosses all packed into a bite sized PNG. Bring peace to the world!

[0x0]

[0x0]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #pico_tracker-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A music editor I'm working on, it's simple now but I'm planning on making it a fully usable PICO-8 music exporter. It will export in printable format using control character a. It's based on FamiTracker (an NES music maker).

[/{ : Octave Down

]/} : Octave Up

0 comments

I've been on a bit of a trip these past few days trying to understand how to use PICO-8 on the Raspberry Pi. I've been quite successful in most regards of setting everything up, custom Emulation Station theming and properly booting .PNG cartridges from ES directly into PICO-8.

What has been its own specific issue, however, is trying to get both cartridges and .sh files to work with the Raspberry Pi version of PICO-8. The "best" options currently seems to be to make a whole extra .sh file for each individual game, or to make a custom extra overhead script that would verify if the selected option was either a .sh file (or any arbitrary file extension that isn't a .p8 or .PNG), in which case boot SPLORE, or when it is a .p8 or .PNG, run those. This shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world, but it seems that way to me since the Raspberry Pi doesn't like to hand over the original file's extension to any script I've tried so far. If this does turn out a succes I'll for sure post an update on this idea.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #antialias-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello! I'm relatively new to the forums. Just a quick thing I made that I hope people might be able to get some limited use out of

0 comments

Cart #traffic_jam-0 | 2021-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Yes it is your typical Snake. With some dramatic music and prorgammed in Pico8.

Controls as usual:

• Arrows: movement
  • x and c anything else
0 comments

Hi
I used the code:
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=43376
now I would like the inscription (text) to appear after let's say 5 seconds
Anyone know the answer?

1 comment

Cart #smr_extra_themes-0 | 2021-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Some music I made because I was kind of bored.
This music is based on the themes in the Super Mario Bros. style in Super Mario Maker 2.

Left: Desert Theme

Right: Forest Theme

Up: Snow Theme

Down: Airship Theme

Have any suggestions for more music? Post it in the comments!

1 comment

I just started making my first small game in Pico-8, and the only complaint I have is that I cannot scroll horizontally in the code editor with my trackpad. Has this feature ever been under consideration? (And is the forum the right place to request it? In a search I saw someone else post a feature request here.)

1 comment

Cart #enhancedpico8punyfontsnippet-4 | 2021-08-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The original PICO-8 puny font was just the uppercase letters, except slightly smaller, which does not follow the the "theme" of current fonts today, like sans serif. So I decided to "enhance" it by making the puny letters simular to sans serif or other fonts.

Also, credit to Astorek86 for the #FONT_SNIPPET with original font cart.

1 comment

Cart #epicnightquest-1 | 2021-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You are a parent who is dreaming of spending a fun evening without kids.
After a long day, your child refuses to sleep.
Navigate throughout the house, find your child and pick up bonuses along the way.
These bonuses will come together as you move along.
At the end of the game, you will win the opportunity to see the poem unraveling in its entirety.

0 comments

I'm working on this little demake of Lumines. I spend a lot of time playing small pico-8 games to kill the time and this seems that it could be a good addition to the library. I'm still trying to figure everything out, it's not close to done, but if it interests anyone I could use some tips (I'm a dev but not for games so some things just go right over my head).

Cart #picones_0_0_1-0 | 2021-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License | Edit

1 comment

Hello there,

Krystman made an excellent Game called Porklike, you can find it here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=94445

I made a mod to this game which adds a german translation to it. Right after the Game starts, you'll be asked on which language you want to play.

I would've liked to add some more Functionality (like, a menuitem), but there wasn't enough tokens left to do so^^.

Here's the Mod:

Cart #porklike_de-4 | 2021-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Changelog:

porklike_de-4

• Oops, the last Patch didn't fix anything ("save @clip" seems to work a little different...). Now THIS Patch does what the previous Patch describes^^.

porklike_de-3

• "Slap" ("Ohrfeige") was mistakenly described as a Weapon that doesn't deal Damage. Fixed.

porklike_de-2

• Forgot ":" after "Wurstchain"/"Wurstkette", which looks odd after finishing the Game ("Wurstchain1"). Fixed.

porklike_de-1

• Somehow I didn't realised that the "Push"-Attack ("Stoß") is actually a ranged attack (though even the Original Text says that. Oops!). The German Description in the first Version doesn't tell you that, this Version does^^.

porklike_de-0

• First release.

--

What and how did I changed on the code?

• I have to make spaces for more Tokens, because the Original-Game has only 22 tokens left. Luckily, zep released a PICO8-Version that includes the "split"-command. Krystman used two Functions called "explode" and "explodeval" who does the same, so I replaced every "explode" with "split" and deleted these two Functions. After that, ~100 Tokens were here to use.
  • After that, there still wasn't enough tokens left for me, so I removed every "()" that weren't needed (like, split("XYZ") --> split"XYZ".
  • I want to use "german umlauts" (äöüß) on the Game, so I used the new ability to change the Fonts in PICO8. zep made a Cart for it: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=41544
  • I also slightly modified the UI on the Game to have spaces for the translated words. German translations need more place^^.
  • There's a place in the Code where I used a "mid"-command, to prevent showed text Off-Screen.
  • An obvious one: Every word was put in a table, and every "print"-command uses the table. Easy^^.
  • There are a few Codes that are written like this in the Original Game:
    add (x, y)
    return y

I had to change it on one or two places in the code ("return add..."), to squeeze a few more tokens out of the File.

I really hope that I didn't write a few bugs on accident. I played this changed Cartridge a few times and never found a bug. (But I never reached the end, because I'm too bad in this Game^^).

0 comments

Hello, I want to Buy Pico-8 But I have some questions Before doing that.

1. Do I need an account on the Other Platform like the humble bundle or Itch.Io? or do I just need to enter an email and buy the Produt?

2. How do I use The Product does I have to activate it with a Kye or do I have to link my Pico-8 account with Humble or something?

3. When I just have to give an e-mail what e-mail? I'm not Going the Product on myself actually my Mom is Going to get it of me as a Present. does she just have to Type in my E-mail or hers or does she have to buy it as a present??

4. Whats about a Student I'm a German Student in 7th class do I get an offer? or not (I can Buy it for the normal Price too. I'm just wondering)

I hope someone can Answer the Questions I really want to Buy it

Thanks for your Time :>

1 comment

PicoSquares is a PICO-8 conversion of DCSquares, a homebrew game I released for the SEGA Dreamcast in 2003.

Cart #c99koder_picosquares-1 | 2021-07-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Use your gamepad, cursor keys, or mouse to collect the green squares and avoid the red ones! The difficulty increases as you collect more squares. Special items can help you or hurt you, so choose wisely! Can you beat the high score?

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->