BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #asteroid_shooter-3 | 2021-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first time playing around with PiCO-8. I learned really a lot from the zine written by @MBoffin. I made this Asteroid Shooter just because this is one of my favorite game genres, which really take lots of time to play when I was a kid.

Controls of Asteroid Shooter

Left/Right: Steer
X: Shoot
Up/Z: Boost
Down: Slow down

--

Meanwhile, I've also written an introduction article here (https://weifanchen.medium.com/70c0b62abc95) talking about my first experience about PICO-8 (in Traditional Chinese) to let more people in Taiwan get more access to PICO-8. Maybe there will be more and more people who love to play with it.

I hope you enjoy it.

0 comments

Cart #picoguessr-1 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey Guys !

This is my first pico-8 game (and my first finished game in general).
PicoGuessr is highly inspired from the gameplay of the famous GeoGuessr.

In a nutshell: you are in a 3D maze and you have to find your starting position on the map.

Controls: move with the arrow keys. At any time you can teleport to your starting spot using [x]. And [o] let you switch between the 3D view and the map.

It's not that easy if you don't look carefully ;)

Enjoy,
Koxinga

EDIT : Thank you for the feedback. Here is a new version with some corrections (in the UI mainly).
Changelog :

• new textures for the wood walls
  • map background color changed

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #undertide-0 | 2021-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I never did finish this, but it's perfectly playable for the most part in its current form. Suck in enemies with x, release them to fire them at the bosses. Hitting a boss on the top of the head causes it to release treasure, subsequent hits upgrade the kind of treasure you get.

I think it basically just continues with no new bosses after the last one (third).

1 comment

Here is the first game I made with my daughter. We had a lot of fun making this!

left/right: move
x: jump
z: use net (after you find one!)

Some of the moths can be impossible to catch, don't worry and just collect the most before the timer runs out!

We started from these tutorials and improvised afterwards :)

Cart #mothcat-1 | 2021-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #cscleaner-1 | 2021-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A game about the poor person who has to clean the office in between deadly shootings in CS:GO.

Wash away all the blood stains with X and try to win 5 rounds.

Enjoy!

0 comments

Cart #heytherekitty-0 | 2021-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made for a 4 hour game jam that was on itch.io. Instructions are inside the game. Disclaimer: this game isn't finished, but it was fun to make none-the-less.

1 comment

Cart #rg_discord_swarm-0 | 2021-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

yeah is just a bullet hell.
made for the DISCORD JAM, in under 2000 characters (preferably 1990 characters but shhhhhhhhhhhhh)
you win when the game crashes.

2 comments

Cart #picoforth-4 | 2021-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welp, this took way to long to finish. But now it's here!

about

picoforth is a programming language based on Forth, a family of stack-based programming languages. If you're unfamiliar with stack-based programming languages or Forth, I recommend you check out this site.

wordlist

Here is a list of every word in picoforth. (A "word" in a stack-based language is roughly equivalent to a "function" or a "subroutine" in a normal programming language.)

--typical forth stack-manipulating words
pop
2pop
dup
2dup
over
swap
rotl
rotr

--mathematical operators

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=93031#p)
11 comments

Cart #gesanewoba-12 | 2021-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Playtest demo for my #DISCORDJAM (Think tweetjam but 2000 chars instead of 280) submission.

Arrow keys are controls, evade the wurms and steal their food to increase your score!

Now with Rainbow wurms! They're very dangerous, as they always spawn a new wurm when eating. However, your score gains are multiplied by the number of rainbow wurms, so you get a big score boost for evading them! Finally, if you steal a rainbow wurm's food, you are granted 3 seconds of invincibility! use it wisely!

Feedback welcome.

5 comments

Cart #bifuyiriri-0 | 2021-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

After playing around with raycast engines in C# and C I've decided to give it a try in pico8 to see how much I could optimize the rendering and the data structure to make it fit inside this tittle console!

This is still a work in progress, as of now I've only managed to get the basic ray cast working to draw walls I'm still working on drawing sprites.
I would like to do textured floor/roof but I'm not sure if pico8 can handle it!

5 comments

Cart #ap_project-1 | 2021-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

arrow keys, also, i'm planning on finishing this game later.

hope you like it.

0 comments

Cart #worms_toy-1 | 2021-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

No, not that one. Paterson's worms, which those of a certain age may have come across as Worms? (aka IQ) for the Atari 8-bits and C64.

Left and right to change the number of worms (up to 4), Z to randomize the ruleset again, and X to toggle fast-forward.

2 comments

I just discovered there's "> ..." quote block feature.

Except there isn't...?

If I do this:

this is my introduction

> this is my quote

this is my response

I get this in the preview:

But when I click [Publish] it comes out like this:

Also, if this feature is intended to work, it should be in the [Formatting Help] helpbox.

3 comments

Cart #tennisballstitle-0 | 2021-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Story behind the game

You play as a small dog named Scout, he has to spend some time outside but he realized he left his tennis balls outside! He goes on a quest to get them all back inside, although there are some obstacles in his way, such as water and bushes.

Your quest

• Get all tennis balls
  • Get a world record
  • Get as least deaths as possible

Characters

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #nofizubeji-0 | 2021-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

just a demo. there is no dash. if i make a full version you will get the dash at a level.
should i make more?

6 comments

Cart #ghostist-5 | 2021-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Ghostist-Demake
[0x0]

This is my first project on Pico-8, so please be gentle. It is a speedrunning ghost-hunter game, not unlinke Phasmophobia.
Your job is to identify the ghost by looking at what it does. You got an EMF-Meter to check for electromagnetic fields, a book to let it write in, a Spiritbox(Spibox) to hear it talk and a Camera to check for Orbs.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

i was wondering how would be the cartridges of a physical pico-8, so i did this.

it's actually a megaman battle network chip, thats why a named it a pico-chip!

original picture:

3 comments

I decided to make a simple class implementation. Here's what I managed to come up with:

function class(c)
	name=c[1]
	_𝘦𝘯𝘷[name]=function(...)
		local initargs={...}
		local obj={___fnccore={}}
		for k,f in pairs(c)do
			if type(f)=='function'then
				obj.___fnccore[k]=f
				obj[k]=function(...)
					obj.___fnccore[k](obj,...)
				end
			end
		end
		obj.__init__(unpack(initargs))
		return obj
	end
end

The (preferred) syntax to use this with looks like this:

class { 'classname'
	__init__=function(self,args)
		-- Stuff goes here --
	end,
	-- Other functions here with "self" or something like that as the first argument --
}

Here's an example:

class { 'printer',
	__init__=function(self,a,b)
		self.a=a
		self.b=b
	end,
	thing=function(self,c)
		print(self.a..self.b..c)
	end
}
test=printer('one ','two')
test.thing(' three')

The output for the above would be:

one two three

Here is the cartridge containing the above example:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Hi everyone! Sharing my second demo ever -- sinesurfer!

Features: animated ribbons with masking, copper animations, and plasma fx.

Cart #bobahipofe-1 | 2021-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Thanks for watching!

2 comments

Cart #peral-1 | 2021-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Explore the underwater caverns. Get rich and spend on your vessel to go deeper.

What's Peral

• One upgradeable submarine
  • Two hours of cave diving
  • 12 different enemies to fight
  • Many paths and hidden treasures

Peral is using the awesome music composed by Gruber.

Post your thoughts, please! And don't forget to back off occasionally, it makes a difference in dogfights.

Technical notes

This is my first finished game, and also an excercise to fit more interesting content in a cartridge than would seem possible at a glance. The menu sits on a separate cart alone and just passes the language pack on: theres no switching once the game starts.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

35 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->