BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Goblet Palace Development Day 4

The third of 4 levels - Primeval Forest - is now complete! I'm quite proud of this one, and I especially like the little puzzle at the end. Just one more level to go before my little platformer is done!

0 comments

Cart #onitama01-4 | 2021-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Onitama is a chess-like abstract strategy boardgame.

The game is played on a 5x5 board. Each player has five pawns, with the master pawn starting in the middle. At the begin of the game, 5 move cards are randomly selected out of the total of 16 animal moves. The goal is to capture the opponent's master pawn or to move on top of their master's starting position.

You can play against an AI with 3 difficulty levels, or "pass 'n play" against another human.

Controls

• Arrow keys, move the board cursor for pawn / destination selection.
  • [o] / z to switch between move cards.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #piyurokipe-1 | 2022-12-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Last entry in the drugstore games trilogy. Make your way to Malgreens to pick up your prescription.

Notice anything different?

0 comments

Cart #dollarone_frosty_quest-1 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a game about a snowman called Frosty, who was given life by the power of a classy top hat! However, a gust of wind took Frosty's hat and blew it off somewhere. Can you help him find it?

Frosty can move with the arrow keys, and can make himself taller when standing on snow (Z) and use his body to throw snowballs (X+an arrow key). Please help him find his hat as he is very much enjoying being animated!

There is also a menu accessible via Enter to restart the level or choose another level or even turn help off.

Music is by the eminent Gruber (although I messed with it a bit), everything else is by me.

Made for the

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Captain Nimbus

Cart #kimuwufede-0 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Captain Nimbus, a classic arcade style shoot 'em up for the Pico-8!

Controls:

⬅️➡️⬆️⬇️: Movement
❎: Shoot Bullets

Enemies:

Green: Normal amount of health.
Blue: Strong, able to shoot bullets, but also very slow.
Red: Has same amount of health as green but is faster.
Purple: Same as the Red but if you get next to them they then moves sideways towards your ship.

Credits:

Programming, SFX, Music, Cover Art, Idea: Silicon14 (me)
Art: ReeceGames
Background: Whiteout Labs

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #wehukosura-0 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #wolfhunter-0 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Wolfhunter is an where you play as a hunter facing off against a werewolf, in a Pokemon-like combat sequence.

You have magic spells and single-use items at your disposal, but the wolf is very powerful. The only way to kill it is to weaken it with your attacks, then finish it off with a silver-knife (which you only have one shot at).

It is made with PICO-8, and can be played directly in your browser here.

> The motif and design of the game was based on the word "Moonshot", which was the theme of GitHub's GameOff 2020 game jam.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

I've noticed, that, in general, nobody seems to be able to agree which button is "A", and which button is "B". This leads to some annoyances. One cart, X is jump, O is attack or etc. You get used to that, and then you go to another, and they chose O for jump instead.

It would be nice to have a simple way of swapping the buttons around, perhaps as an item in the pause menu? Some carts already have their own, though, so that may cause some confusion. Maybe make it disabled by default? It'd also be nice to be able to have it remember if you chose to swap buttons or not per-cart, so that you don't have to every time you start it up.

4 comments

Cart #sunset-1 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #annaedin-2 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little secret santa gift and an experiment into using pico 8.

0 comments

Cart #pondeking-0 | 2020-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi there, everyone! This is my first post on this forum, and it's about the game I made for the Secret Santa Jam 2020, which also happens to be my first PICO-8 game!

It's a Fish 'Em Up game, where you mash buttons and fight octopi to get a high score! There's also a neat feature to switch the game's palette to whatever color you prefer!

While the jam was pretty long, I would say I worked on this for about 5 days, thanks to college, and even then most of that time was spent learning more about PICO-8. You can also find the game on my Itch.io page and leave a review there if you want to! I hope you all enjoy it! Have a nice day!

0 comments

Goblet Palace Development: Day 3

The second level - named Sleet Sierra - is now finished. That means half the levels in my Toy Box Jam 2020 platformer are now complete! Tomorrow, I begin work on level 3.

2 comments

Cart #retro_racer-0 | 2020-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

7 comments

Cart #bauble-0 | 2020-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Take up to the skies in your small toy plane to help this little gnomes show the Xmas tree who's the boss.

In this game you have 3 gnomes that will jump from above, try to takeout as many baubles as possible, each level will have a minimum percentage (%) required to clear it. The less gnomes you use, the bigger the bonus.

Use X to drop from the plane. Use the arrow keys or the gamepad to move the two gnomes from left to right, or to look above and below.

If you enjoyed this game, please consider donating.

5 comments

MINEFIELD!!

Cart #minefield-0 | 2020-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a minesweeper clone with three difficulty settings and mouse support.

0 comments

Cart #seinsim-0 | 2020-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feel free to give feedback at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q6BMZXT, thank you! :)
Watch the trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExljhbRbqzM

Synopsis:

Jerry Seinfeld needs your help with his standup routine! Tell 250+ possible jokes (which make absolutely no sense), to your Boomer/Gen-Z audience! Will you tell the most insane jokes possible? Will you tell the cheesiest dad jokes? Or will you make references to things nobody understands? The choice is yours!

Features:

-Kid-friendly mode
-Full mouse support (finicky on mobile)
-100 unfunny jokes
-250+ punch-lines
-The "Joke-iary" (Can you collect all the jokes?)
-A full in-game tutorial

[ Continue Reading.. ]

23 comments

Goblet Palace Development Day 2

For the TOY BOX JAM 2020 on itch.io, I'm creating a simple platformer (similar to my previous games). I've completed the first of the four levels today. The project is progressing smoothly. Tomorrow, I begin work on the second level - a snowy mountain range.

0 comments

Cart #merrychristmasandahppynewyear-0 | 2020-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Remember to wear a mask, as if you do, you might just have a covid-free new year.

0 comments

Cart #double_pendulum-0 | 2020-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone!

I know that some other people already did this, but I made this simple double pendulum simulator just for fun. It solves the differential equation system using the standard 4th order runge-kutta method and allows you to edit the initial conditions within a certain range. It also displays the angular position of both masses on a plot, so it gives a certain intuition of how the system behaves.

Hope you like it!

2 comments

Just uploading my first project on this fantastic little "console". :)
--20 Dec 2020--
-updated title card.
-updated game over card
-tightened up ball with brick collisions to prevent ball "gliding" through bricks.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->