BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #goyihigije-0 | 2020-11-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #sunabeyido-0 | 2020-11-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

P8C-BUN is now uploaded to itch.io here: https://drake-blue.itch.io/p8c-bun

I've also been working on something else that I really want to share a preview of soon, but I need to clean it up just a little more first.

0 comments

Cart #colour_lines-1 | 2020-11-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

We've made a version of the classic Colour Lines game. It's a bit Halloween-themed.

This is our first PICO-8 game (but I do have prior programming experience, so it was very easy to start).

Garbata team is basically a fancy name for me and my sister, who goes by the nick Cabbit, while a friend Lazy Lvalue helped with the music.

The game is available in Ukrainian, Belarusian and 4 international languages (Russian, English, Latin and Esperanto).

I hope you like it!

0 comments

Cart #superdiscbox-0 | 2020-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Executable versions here

Hi!

I had a go at the Disc Room game jam, and ended up building a Super Crate Box / Disc Room hybrid. The sfx were made between 2am and 4am so they're a little rough, but otherwise I think it came out okay. Anyhow, this is my first full size PICO-8 game so I'd love to hear what you think!

<3

44 comments

Cart #snaky-0 | 2020-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone,
I present to you my first game in Pico-8.

It's a simple Snake clone, I'm still not happy with the result but I thought it was fun to share my first result here with you.

Have a nice Sunday,
Gildo

2 comments

Hello, everyone.

A few days ago, a game I created called KONSAIRI was released on Steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/1448220/

There are still very few examples of PICO-8 games on the Steam platform as PICO-8 games.

I think that's because, as content, PICO8 titles are seen as lacking when compared to other game engines and those created in a free development environment with no restrictions.

But I challenge you to dream of being in the same store as a masterpiece game, despite its limitations.

I also wish to see more interest in PICO-8 in my part of Japan.

[0x0]

2 comments

Cart #tweetpaint1_0-2 | 2020-11-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Version 1.1 -- Updated for TweetTweetJam5, added square brush feature and tweaked appearance

This is a fully-functional painting program with image save capability in just 277 characters. It's built entirely around mouse controls, and requires a mouse with a scroll wheel for full functionality. Hope somebody enjoys playing around with it.

Controls:

Left mouse button ---- Paint
Right mouse button --- Select paint color (hold and move mouse L/R)
Middle Mouse button -- Save drawing to cart
Scroll wheel --------- Change paintbrush size
X key (hold) --------- Use square brush

1 comment

Cart #moonmissions-9 | 2020-11-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Moon Missions

My take on a lunar lander game, for the Pico-8.

Features:

• One obnoxious flying saucer
  • A catchy intro tune
  • Semi-procedural levels
  • Persistent high scores

Directions:

Try to land your lunar vehicle on the surface of the moon while keeping an eye on your fuel
and landing speed. Do your part to advance science (and boost your high score) by passing
through each level's "data" waypoints. Keep an eye out for alien interface!

Tip 1: When your landing speed is too high to land, warning lights flash from within your ship.
Tip 2: Keep your eyes out for each level's fuel cannister to get some extra range and boost your score.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

This function is supposed to return a point on a quadratic function, but it doesn't work right.

function launch(h,v,t)
return -(v*t^2)/h^2+(2*t*v)/h
end

Whenever I call this:

for i=0,80 do
pset(i,launch(40,40,i),8)
end

It appears like this:

Did I do something wrong, or is this a fault of how Pico-8 works?

0 comments

Cart #sumukigume-5 | 2020-11-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

prototype from our game :)

2 comments

Cart #wired-4 | 2020-11-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #highstakes-2 | 2020-11-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Las Vegas 2024. Vampires have stolen your blood. Play the card game of your life and win it all back.

Rules

Every round you will be dealt 9 cards face-down. The goal of the game is to flip as many cards face-up as possible. There is one Vampire card and 8 value cards ranging from 2 to 9. There is always only one copy in each card on the board. If you flip the Vampire card you lose the round.

Complete rows or columns to unlock Hint Tokens.

• ​A [+] hint token can be placed on a face-down card to predict its number. The token will display a number once placed. The value of the face-down card is that number or higher. Vampire cards count as 10. So a [8+] token means the card is either a 9, an 8 or a Vampire​

[ Continue Reading.. ]

58 comments

Using -export command to automate multi cart package building and blocked by a number of bugs:

• unable to specify HTML plate path (only works if export is actually performed from home folder)
  • inconsistent path parameters between bin and html exports:
# works for html
pico8.exe carts\cart_0.p8 -home . -export "game_alpha.html -p my_plate cart_1.p8 cart_2.p8"
# doesn't work for bin
pico8.exe carts\cart_0.p8 -home . -export "game_alpha.bin cart_1.p8 cart_2.p8"
# works for bin
cd carts
pico8.exe cart_0.p8 -export "game_alpha.bin cart_1.p8 cart_2.p8"
  • incomplete js generated unless export is run from carts folder
# produces broken js
pico8.exe carts\cart_0.p8 -home . -export "game_alpha.html -p my_plate cart_1.p8 cart_2.p8"
4 comments

Cart #kjs_christmas_2020-4 | 2020-11-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Created a Christmas themed game, pretty basic gameplay but with ramping up difficulty with each level. The quality of the coding isn't great as I haven't wanted to particularly devote a lot of time to the project, just slapping the code together to make it playable over producing good quality code as it's more a side project.

Currently my own personal record is level 9 with a high score of 322.

Update: Found a bug, so fixed it.

1 comment

Cart #mellow_meadow-0 | 2020-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Mellow Meadow! Run, jump and reach the goal in this short & sweet retro 2D platformer!

Featuring:

•Tight controls to make movement endlessly fun.
•4 varied levels of escalating difficulty.
•An endgame ranking system - can you 100% the game in under 3 minutes without dying?
•Music and control options to suit your preferences.

Game, including music and SFX, by me.

Happy Halloween!

6 comments

Cart #eatin_pumpkin-0 | 2020-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a tiny Halloween game, enjoy!

Controls: Arrow keys or D-pad

Made by

Sebastian Lind: Twitter

4 comments

by
Cart # | | Embed ▽ | No License | Edit

Prototype from our game :)

0 comments

Cart #tinycact-0 | 2020-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Who doesn't love gambling in Final Fantasy XIV?

I do. Especially when the odds are in my favor.

This FF14 Mini Cactpot "solver" takes a simple approach: average all the possible outcomes of each decision you make during the Mini Cactpot minigame, and suggest the specific choice where the average outcome is highest.

Press square to make choices and X to undo them.

0 comments

you've received a mysterious invitation to a party. but it's not just any party...

it's the đź’€monster mashđź’€

better find somebody to go with!

Cart #monstermash-1 | 2020-10-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Controls:

• arrow keys to move
  • x to interact
  • z to jump

(made by @princryss and me! she did the design + art + sound, I did the programming)

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->