BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #hsd-2 | 2019-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hc Svnt Dracones!?

Yes, I know it's latin for "Here Be Dragons" but it's also the name of a furry-themes role-playing game currently on it's second (MUCH improved) edition, but that has a character creation system that involves some number-juggling at times as you start with an amount of XP to spend on a broad sheet of bonuses, and juggling the numbers can be taxing even for the math-inclined.

So... I re-implemented it more like a video-game skill tree, though without any deeper details of what the various parts mean yet.

Controls?

X toggles rectangles
Left/Right decrease/increase a given row
Up/Down switches between rows

Future Plans/Changelog

There's quite a few more sections I need to implement, and taken by itself this one 'screen' won't make much sense I admit; I do plan to implement most/all of HSD character creation on this tool as I have time.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #laser_blast-0 | 2019-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Note: This is a game I released June 24, 2018 for Proc Jam 2018.

Help Atom Girl defeat waves of enemies trying to stop her as she races through space. Use her ability to change into a ship and back to blast her foes into stardust.

How to play:

Directon keys: Move ship/robot around

'Z' key (O on mobile): Shoot

'X' key: Change between ship and robot form

Tips:

• Atom Girl's ship form has a smaller hitbox, so she can dodge enemies more effectively. In addition, the lasers she shoots as a ship move quickly.

• Atom Girl's humanoid robot form can't dodge enemies as well, but she gets a triple shot that can destroy enemy waves with ease.

• Stay on the left or middle of the screen; otherwise, enemies are likely to surprise you.

• Only 1 enemy and the boss can shoot at you, so take advantage of this.

• The boss can only be hit with shots aimed at his core. Destroy the shield in front of it first to expose the vulnerable core. Destroy the core!

• The boss has two separate attacks which he switches between. Use the ship's smaller hitbox to dodge his slower shots.
2 comments

Cart #party_xxx_leben_0-0 | 2019-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is our contribution to the Outline 2019 demoparty (See https://www.pouet.net/party.php?which=652&when=2019 for the other entries, there were other PICO-8 stuff). It's also my first ever PICO-8 cart. :-) And it's a birthday demo to @xxx!

Detailed credits and more info are on Pouet.

Thanks to @Nodepond for his pic2pico.rb script and to @kometbomb for his fadetable. Greetings to @jobe. :-)

EDIT: fixed link for Outline 2019, looks like the formatting code doesn't like having the ampersand character (&) in URLs...:(

7 comments

Hello everyone. Today I wrote a script to swap Sprites positions without messing with the Map. Very handy to reorganise your sprite sheet. And Flags will follow. Here's how it works:

1- Make a backup

First thing first: make a backup of your p8 file!
This is important, as you can screw things up real quick if you do not pay attention.

2- Get the script

Create an empty file named "swapspr.lua" that you'll put alongside your p8 file.
Copy/paste this script to "swapspr.lua" and save it:

function swapspr(n1,n2)
	for i=0,7 do
		local p1=i*64+n1*4+448*flr(n1/16)
		local p2=i*64+n2*4+448*flr(n2/16)
		local b1,b2=peek4(p1),peek4(p2)
		poke4(p2,b1)
		poke4(p1,b2)
	end
	local f1,f2=fget(n1),fget(n2)
	fset(n1,f2)
	fset(n2,f1)
	for x=0,127 do
		for y=0,127 do
			if mget(x,y)==n1 then
				mset(x,y,n2)
			elseif mget(x,y)==n2 then
			 mset(x,y,n1)
			end
		end		
	end	
	cstore(0x0000,0x0000,0x7fff)

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=64987#p)
1 comment

Cart #flyingtoasters-0 | 2019-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A version of the classic "Flying Toasters" screensaver, with soothing background music.

0 comments

Hi,
I have an idea-- lets say i have a voxel model with colors blue and brown. Is lUA/shader/something else
able to have the blue voxels behave/look like water and the brown like dirt? Is there another idea for this? id like the existing properties be linked to the colors of the model!! Well, keep on voxing!

0 comments

If you port your PICO-8 game to any European languages other than English, you might want to include some character accents, which doesn't work by default since PICO-8 only supports ASCII characters (plus some special ones in the unused range between ASCII and ISO-8859-1).

My work here is based off of Zep's post from a couple weeks ago about Latin accent printing (by including special characters in front of plain ASCII characters to indicate accents). My code goes a step further by offering a way to save your strings with the real accent characters included, and then encode them so they can be printed properly. This way your text is a bit more readable in the source file.

I slightly modified Zep's original print function by changing the : control character to @ since I needed : in my printed text. The general rule, if you want to add new encoded characters to this system, is to pick a control character that won't be needed in the actual printed text.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #yajatobipu-0 | 2019-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Break the bricks as fast you can. You are going to need fast reflexes to beat this game. Ball resets and goes after each loss. 3 losses and it is game over!

1 comment

Cart #bazikogeme-0 | 2019-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #zoob-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a work-in-progress.

Can you get to the top?

4 comments

Cart #abduction-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You hail from a dairyless world, void of cheese and butter. On your quest, you come across a planet riddled with the necessary provider to bring dairy back to your planet: the cows of Earth.

Your objective is to grab as many of the cows as you can, before the Earthlings make an attempt at your life.

0 comments

So I'm new to Pico-8 and really enjoying it so far. I'm trying to get tile collisions working on a scrolling background but just can't seem to figure it out. Here's what I have so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Cart #yyubogugu-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Ghost Rally

Cart #grally-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Game

The game is a race-against-yourself rally game. It features accurate rigid body physics and car handling.
Goal is to beat yourself every lap!

Enjoy racing as in the 80's, whith over powered cars very close to the public!
tip hitting any of the lil' dudes:
[0x0]
incurs a +5s time penalty :]

warning the game is complete yet the car handling is really picky - I am releasing it as is, as I can't tweak the gameplay without breaking the physic engine :/

[ Continue Reading.. ]

15 comments

Cart #puzibimepu-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Found some time to play around with pico8 again! Here's a simple game: dodge the bullets!

0 comments

Cart #busitedawi-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hi,

I have an issue about on-screen button doesn't work on mobile(iOS) only on itch.io website.
I did export follow the instruction on pico8 manual. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

0 comments

Cart #fedeyuharo-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #hibanefejo-0 | 2019-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

There is a some bugs still, but here is what it looks like at this point.

0 comments

I need a step by step instructions on how to run Pico8 on a Chromebook. I read other forums about this and I still don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->