Follow
KKR
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #7732 | 2013-08-26 | Embed ▽ | No License

So, a long time ago, I made a Legend of Zelda dungeon object set. It was okay, but I could've made it better. Then, I forgot about Voxatron. Unrelated to that, now I've spent hours making Lego-style building block objects, that can be used to build anything real Lego-style blocks can. Flip 'em upside down, and they actually resemble a Lego-style block on the underside as well!

In this is a object bank that contains standard size bricks, both normal and thin "plates", that can be stacked to equal the height of a single normal brick. You can build with them, obviously, and easily make a copy of each color available due to them being single-color. You may have to manually set the Z axis location to get some of them to mesh properly due to the "studs" on top, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

If I feel like it, I might make packs to accompany this in the future, like sloped pieces, plate pieces, stuff like that.

P#7733 2013-08-26 17:20 ( Edited 2013-08-26 22:18)

Cart #5208 | 2011-12-09 | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a fun little level I made. 9 rooms total.

Not much to say, really, except I used my Dragon Quest and Zelda object sets, plus a little extra something I made. /)^3^(\

I explored a couple interesting concepts with this, like a narrow chamber with Butamons on either side, and a supplied Build powerup to use to build a blockade for some of them before they escape their pens so they don't overwhelm you.

So, I hope everyone who plays it enjoys it. It's not terribly long, or difficult, but it should at least be fun.

P#5209 2011-12-09 03:35 ( Edited 2011-12-10 02:12)

Cart #4752 | 2011-11-21 | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a set of objects I made, based off the overworld from the first Dragon Quest/Warrior, learning a lot since I made the LoZ objects. The reason I specifically say Dragon Quest is because I didn't do the shore graphics that were added around bodies of water for the NA release of the game, because it would've been annoying to do, and no matter how I did it when I tried, I couldn't get them to look right. Maybe in the future I'll mess around with it.

So, here they are, for anyone to use. Like last time, I copied the objects pixel-for-pixel, and then brought them into the third dimension somewhat. The way the trees, hills and mountains are, it could be fun to place enemies behind 'em. I'm especially happy at how the bridges turned out.

Also, the short hills aren't improperly aligned; they're 1 pixel higher than the other objects on the bottom in the game's tileset, and that's how I chose to interpret it.

The slimes are there because I ended up with a couple extra unused object spaces made, and didn't want to leave them empty. That, and I like slimes.

P#4754 2011-11-21 18:26 ( Edited 2011-11-21 23:41)

Cart #4395 | 2011-11-14 | Embed ▽ | No License

FINALLY, this is ready to use. I fixed my last blunder of saving it as a png instead of a vob, so now it's more convenient to use.

Copied description from previous: "I made this object set, based off the dungeons in The Legend of Zelda, and intended to make a level with them and then release the objects, but I've been too occupied with other things to actually make it. I WILL get around to making levels with this.

All objects in dungeons, excluding staircases and items, are here. I copied them directly from screenshots, pixel by pixel, with the exception of the doors, which I made myself, because I could find no way to make the actual doors from the game look proper, given Voxatron's camera angle, and the "angle" of the original graphics on the NES.

I took the liberty of giving the tiles and blocks a little dimension, so they don't just look painted on. I would have done the same for the statues, the old man, and the fire, but I couldn't find any way to do it without it looking awful.

I made a test room just to demonstrate how it can be used. I'm throwing this out there for anyone to use. Maybe I'll do this again in the future with a different game. Probably Dragon Warrior.

Edit: Just remembered about the existence of VOBs. Oh well, anyone who wants to use this can just open this level in the editor and use the objects like that, right?"

P#4396 2011-11-14 16:37 ( Edited 2011-11-22 14:10)

Cart #4335 | 2011-11-14 | Embed ▽ | No License

The previous stab I made at this was... meh.

I made this object set, based off the dungeons in The Legend of Zelda, and intended to make a level with them and then release the objects, but I've been too occupied with other things to actually make it. I WILL get around to making levels with this.

All objects in dungeons, excluding staircases and items, are here. I copied them directly from screenshots, pixel by pixel, with the exception of the doors, which I made myself, because I could find no way to make the actual doors from the game look proper, given Voxatron's camera angle, and the "angle" of the original graphics on the NES.

I took the liberty of giving the tiles and blocks a little dimension, so they don't just look painted on. I would have done the same for the statues, the old man, and the fire, but I couldn't find any way to do it without it looking awful.

I made a test room just to demonstrate how it can be used. I'm throwing this out there for anyone to use. Maybe I'll do this again in the future with a different game. Probably Dragon Warrior.

Edit: Just remembered about the existence of VOBs. Oh well, anyone who wants to use this can just open this level in the editor and use the objects like that, right?

P#4337 2011-11-14 03:00 ( Edited 2011-11-14 23:09)

Cart #3895 | 2011-11-11 | Embed ▽ | No License

I originally tried to upload this level under a different named, messed myself up, then decided to make a couple minute aesthetic changes I'd forgotten to and re-upload it again. So, yeah. The objects are ones I made, inspired by the Zelda series. It's kinda short, and doesn't throw anything amazing on the table. It has a beginning and an end, though. :3

P#3896 2011-11-10 19:51 ( Edited 2011-11-11 02:29)

This is just a short level I made. I kinda made it to try out the mechanics of editing tool, and to figure out ways to implement the objects I made.

Not really much to say, other than it's a level modeled after NES-style Zelda dungeons.

Edit: Argh, managed to get myself confused.

P#3813 2011-11-10 05:41 ( Edited 2011-11-10 13:02)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 14:24:03 | 0.069s | Q:24