Cart #4395 | 2011-11-14 | Embed ▽ | No License

FINALLY, this is ready to use. I fixed my last blunder of saving it as a png instead of a vob, so now it's more convenient to use.

Copied description from previous: "I made this object set, based off the dungeons in The Legend of Zelda, and intended to make a level with them and then release the objects, but I've been too occupied with other things to actually make it. I WILL get around to making levels with this.

All objects in dungeons, excluding staircases and items, are here. I copied them directly from screenshots, pixel by pixel, with the exception of the doors, which I made myself, because I could find no way to make the actual doors from the game look proper, given Voxatron's camera angle, and the "angle" of the original graphics on the NES.

I took the liberty of giving the tiles and blocks a little dimension, so they don't just look painted on. I would have done the same for the statues, the old man, and the fire, but I couldn't find any way to do it without it looking awful.

I made a test room just to demonstrate how it can be used. I'm throwing this out there for anyone to use. Maybe I'll do this again in the future with a different game. Probably Dragon Warrior.

Edit: Just remembered about the existence of VOBs. Oh well, anyone who wants to use this can just open this level in the editor and use the objects like that, right?"

P#4396 2011-11-14 16:37 ( Edited 2011-11-22 14:10)

Thanks man, This is exactly what I needed for my Legend of Zelda map!
I was dreading having to make this my self, it took me like a day to just make the rocks and trees, and even longer to arrange them for the first few screens

P#4775 2011-11-22 09:10 ( Edited 2011-11-22 14:10)

[Please log in to post a comment]