THE BALLZ ARE LAVA!
"Nobody knows why - it's just always been this way. Our chance of survival is to absorb all the Green Orbs floating around, while avoiding certain death by touching the Lava - all before the time runs out!"
My entry to the #FC_JAM that came 2nd Place, where the theme was "Union".
For the best experience, download or Click here to play on Itch.io, coz it can hide the mouse cursor!
- Mouse = Move player (Recommended)
- Arrows = Move player
- Endless number of levels*
- (Theoretically - though probably impossible after a while!)
- Each level is "consistently random" - learn the best way to win!
- 6x Power-Ups to help you throughout the game
- Timed levels - Race the clock!
- High Score
- Familiar-sounding thumping music... *cough*
THANKS & ATTRIBUTION:
The following PICO-8 posts & resources were very helpful in the making of this game:
- blokatt's "fire" tweetjam
- Zoom Counter by RhythmLynx
- Krystman's "Screenshake and Fading" sample code
- Big numbers in PICO-8 (Felice, NuSan, et al.)
- ...and of course, "Funky Shit" by The Prodigy (sorry if I butchered it!)
[b]v1.1[/b] * ADD: Momentary shrink at press of button (wait to recharge) * ADD: New one-time shield power-up * ADD: Music can now be toggled on/off via pause menu * ADD: Particle effects for deaths & game over screen * ADD: Now saves highest level reached * CHG: Power-up animations * CHG: Pause power-up now works in conjunction with player power-ups * FIX: Title anim pos * FIX: Power-up pos under ui * FIX: Player pos jump at start of level (now controllable during countdown) * FIX: Game over screen/anim can now be skipped [b]1.0[/b] * Initial version
Aww, thanks Roy - glad u liked it :D
I think I released this before u started playing with Pico-8.
(TBH, I'd almost forgotten I'd made it myself!)
But then I remembered that I always thought it might be interesting to make a "HD" version, with crisp, modern graphics and sound. So, now I've started... ;o)
[Please log in to post a comment]