BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Hey!

How to replicate:
If you enter CONFIG, then enter CONFIG THEME, then press up twice and execute CONFIG command without retyping it, it will execute CONFIG THEME again instead.

Expected behavior:
Execute CONFIG and not CONFIG THEME.

If you do the same, but then retype CONFIG from your keyboard, it opens CONFIG properly; even if you use UP twice, delete a single character and then retype it, it will work properly. It glitches out only when you're repeating the command while recalling it with UP and not altering it.

0 comments

Cart #cast_mirrored-0 | 2024-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I mirrored the map on the cast.p8 demo.

Changes in code

Before:

1 -- raycasting demo
2 -- by zep

5 fov = 0.2 -- 0.2 = 72 degrees

58 if (btn(⬅️)) dx-=1
59 if (btn(➡️)) dx+=1

62 if (btn(⬅️)) pl.d+=0.02
63 if (btn(➡️)) pl.d-=0.02

After:

1 -- raycasting demo but mirrored
2 -- by mosnar23 (og by zep)

5 fov = -0.2 -- 0.2 = 72 degrees

58 if (btn(➡️)) dx-=1
59 if (btn(⬅️)) dx+=1

62 if (btn(➡️)) pl.d+=0.02
63 if (btn(⬅️)) pl.d-=0.02

0 comments

Cart #hearthstone-1 | 2024-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I am working on a demake of HearthStone. It is still missing a lot of features but I plan on implementing them in the future. Tell me your opinion and more features that you would like to see included.

The current work plan:

• Complete artwork
  • Re-draw field and add player's hero as target
  • Implement card effects such as taunt, poison,...
  • Implement enemy's AI
1 comment

Cart #ball_game-0 | 2024-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

In the heavens, Asi and The Ball battle for dominance. The Ball cannot be beaten, but Asi's will is indominable.

[MOUSE]- AIM

[LEFT CLICK]- SHOOT

2 comments

by Maca
Cart #mars8-0 | 2024-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A #pico-8 homage to the groundbreaking 1993 PC Intro "Mars" by Tim Clarke, in 972 bytes of compressed lua code. Produced for the 2024 #pico1k jam.

Use the left and arrow keys to move sideways along the landscape, and up and down keys to move forward and backwards, respectively.

6 comments

Cart #exterra-1 | 2024-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

"Haru, the Mothership Callisto deployed a protective barrier over the moon - if we don't remove it in time, Operation Surge will fail. You need to infiltrate the mothership and destroy the core from within."
"Where's my ship"

Inspired by titles like Crimson Clover and Cho Ren Sha, this caravan-styled shmup has two fast and punchy stages that emphasize close quarters and highscoring. Each stage challenges the player in different ways, both designed to be quick and "in your face", with short runtimes and a demanding, run-ending final boss.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Cart #grimmrobe_deckandlabyrinth_a1-5 | 2024-10-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The Deck and the Labyrinth

Alpha v1 (c)2024 grimmrobe

The Deck and the Labyrinth is a roguelite deckbuilder(lite) maze crawler where you, a mysterious hero with a magical deck of cards, traverse 28 floors of a randomly generated maze to battle monsters, collect cards, and eventually defeat the evil creature that brought the maze into existence.

Controls

Exploration

Up,down - Take a step forward or backward
Left,right - Turn 90 degrees left or right
z/c/(O) - View map, open chest, interact, close window
x/v/(X) - View deck, close window

Battle

Left,right - Change selected card
Down - Hold to see what the selected card does

[ Continue Reading.. ]

25 comments

a small demo

Cart #iliazeus_drops-0 | 2024-09-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

I'm brand new to coding in general and need help.
I'm trying to make it so that there is a 50/50 chance of getting a specific sprite to appear shortly after the game starts.
This is what I came up with, but it jus glitches and overlaps both sprites on top of eachother. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong?

if time()>8 then
end
if rnd(10)>5 then
cls()
map(0,0,0,0,16,12)
spr(017,px,py)
end
if rnd(10)<5 then
cls()
map(0,0,0,0,16,12)
spr(018,px,py)
end

5 comments

I'm currently developing a handheld Pico-8 console using a Raspberry Pi Zero 2W, with a 480x480 HDMI screen for display. The system is functioning well, except for one issue: the Pico-8 screen does not scale to the full screen size. Instead, it is confined to a smaller square in the center of the display. This problem does not occur in Raspbian, where the desktop utilizes the entire screen area correctly. I have experimented with various resolutions, but there has been no improvement. Additionally, it appears that there is no config.txt file for the Raspberry Pi version of Pico-8. Could you provide assistance with resolving this issue?

3 comments

One of the simple examples in the LUA documentation for metamethods is to implement set logic on tables.
s1+s2 returns a new set that is the union of the two by defining __add, s1*s2 returns the intersection thanks to __mul, so far so good.
There is also the very useful __index and __newindex to handle reads and writes to unassigned indexes of the table, but the very important assignation metamethod at table level seem to silently not exist, as if it were of no use.

when I do
set1=set2
followed by
set2=set2+{new_elem}

I most certainly didn't mean for set1 to be changed.

There's of course plenty ow ways to force the behavior I wanted :
set1=set2+{}
would work.
We could define a set_copy function
set1=set_copy(s2)

But there seem to be no way to override the assignation behavior, like we would redefine the = operator of a class in C++ for example.

Could someone please shed some light on the subject ? What is the reason behind this omission ?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #snakecolors-3 | 2024-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #arcane_attack-0 | 2024-09-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I created a clone of Worms, the dueling battle game! The game includes three battle maps, set in different terrains. The players can select different spells that consume different amounts of mana.
AI isn't implemented for the second player yet, so when selecting:

• '1 player', both characters will be controlled by controller 1
  • '2 players', characters are controlled by different controllers

Controls:

• left / right - move
  • up / down - select spell
  • x - jump
  • o - fire

Version 1.0

• no AI for 2nd player
  • missing music
4 comments

Cart #savethestar-1 | 2024-09-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

the star is being attacked by a drone! destroy it to save the new galaxy!
controls -
in-game: mouse to aim and lmb to shot
X - restart game (game over / win)
keys - change parameters of next game (win)

this is an entry for pico 1k jam '24

0 comments

Floppa 2 my PICO-8 game

Cart #floppa_2-1 | 2024-07-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #omnesnumeri-5 | 2024-09-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #bigcatbigchaos-0 | 2024-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

How to play ?

Use your mouse and left click to drag the "space things" around ! Your goal is to destroy all of them by dropping them in the black hole.

What is this game ?

This game was created for the Lame Game Jam (September 20th 2024 to September 23rd 2024). The theme was “Chaos”. I wanted to do something with cats, creatures of pure chaos, so I thought maybe a space cat could be interesting. My boyfriend gave my the gameplay idea. It only took a couple of hours. I used Pico8, my default engine, but I used for the first time the mouse. That's why it's not perfect, but it's fine.

Where to find me ?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #mygameabc-0 | 2024-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #demon8x4-1 | 2024-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hello, an Android App named "P8GO" has appeared. It's been making the rounds in retro handheld communities because it allows to play Pico-8 games (with a splore-like function) in Android systems, something that we have been lacking.

However, I have doubts about this app. It looks like all it does is be a web container for lexaloffle. But there doesn't seem to be any affiliation between the author and lexaloffle. It doesn't seem to have ads of any sort, but it does have a required login after you play a few games.

Basically, what I am asking is: Is this cool to use? Are we cool?

Outside of those concerns, it's a very good experience as an app. Of course, Pico 8 games are a great thing to play and it has a swipe feature to quickly switch between games.

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->