BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #razawozno-1 | 2021-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first cartridge in PICO-8! :D
Made using NerdyTeachers tutorial series, with some help from others.

Update Log:
v1.01: Fixed bug with map loading
v1.0: Initial Upload

6 comments

Cart #stormyweather-0 | 2021-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #yijahurake-0 | 2021-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Version 0.1

This is a prototype game where I can practice different skills needed to program for the PICO-8.

0 comments

This is a mod for Celeste Classic made by Matt Thorson and Noel Berry that adds Mars (an original character) as the main character.

Sorry if the graphics aren't all that great and if there's some bugs, it's my first ever game.

1 comment

Cart #yetabezoko-0 | 2021-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #kirbyvox-0 | 2021-01-25 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

On the scale of important problems, I understand that this probably rates super low, but with the recent web player update, part of the start screen of one of my games has vanished. I'll show you what I mean. Here is the title screen of my cart as seen in the cover image:

And here is what you see in the current web player (0.2.1c.21):

The road that the cars are on is gone. This happens on both mobile and desktop.

I haven't updated the cart for about 3 months, and obviously I don't have this version to test with locally to see if it's something I need to change in my code to account for a feature change. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one that plays my games, so not a huge deal for me personally, but I wanted to flag it in case this is happening to anyone else with a bigger audience.

2 comments

Hey there!

This has been bothering me for a while so I decided to try and figure out how to fix it. This is the same bug as these other posts:

It looks like this:

Safari doesn’t accept strings like “2021-01-24 11:43:00” as parameters to the date constructor. But if that space in the middle is a “T” instead then it’s fine. So I put together a gist showing a potential code change to fix the BBS post dates on Safari:

https://gist.github.com/hendotcat/a50d71b114a145f5dd95587ad2dad78b

Here’s the effect of the replace() call in Safari. You can see how addding the “T” in the middle fixes it so that it no longer fails to parse.

And here’s the same two lines of code in Chrome, showing that adding the replace() call doesn’t affect the currently working date parsing there.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #pesepajwu-0 | 2021-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I wrote this quick little thing so my spouse and I could play Twister together without one of us having to take our hands off the mat to operate the spinner.

0 comments

Cart #pozeginapi-2 | 2021-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

thing im working on sometimes
updated 1/25/20
updated 1/26/20

0 comments

Cart #ballbouncer-2 | 2021-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a glorified pong
Try to get all the medals! (gold isn't the last one...)

0 comments

It took me a while to update to PICO-8 0.2.1b, so when I upgraded, I took the opportunity to play around with the pattern feature implemented a while ago. I also wanted to try out the new oval tools. The result is this little guy. I wanted to draw with only shape drawing tools, and used a simple table with some runtime values. It could probably be cleaned up, but I think it's a cute enough demo to learn a few new features. I enjoyed figuring out how to draw a bubble without using the pixel editor.

Cart #tamemanize-0 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

If there are any style or logic improvement suggestions, please share them! The screen edge collision logic isn't terribly good, so I know that needs work.

0 comments

Cart #picobomber-2 | 2021-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #picobomber-0 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico 8 Bomber, traditional bomb run game, now with sound

Any Feedback welcome

by MunkyBunky

0 comments

Cart #gugepanofu-6 | 2021-02-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

After my success of Crazy Position, here comes the "off-road" sequel! Enjoy!

9 comments

Cart #pizdelivery-1 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What started as a school project built entirely on a knockoff of an already terrible engine, Pizza Delivery Demastered is the reimagining of that very game. Play as Stanley (Definetly not the guardian from Petscop) and explore the unique 7 levels this game has to offer. Collect pizza, shoot pizza, kill foes. Deliver that pizza!
Cart #pizdelivery-2 | 2021-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #jakobanebo-0 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A game published at Creative Computing magazine in 1976.

CHASE puts you in a maze made up of high-voltage fences and posts. This in itself isn't too unpleasant but there're also the interceptor robots bent on just one thing-your destruction. If these robots touch you... that's the end of the game (and you!). There's one hope-make the robots hit the maze, or each other (they're like people-sometimes they'd rather be alone). If you destroy them all, you win!

0 comments

Hi @All,

trying to run Pico8 on my Samsung NC10 Netbook without Luck.

Downloaded, unziped, chmodded +x and run with ./pico8_32bit but:

1st I had Win7 where the installer runs without errors, but I cannot start pico8.
2nd I tryied Lubuntu 20.4 LTS with some Linux Versions (Newest Picco8 and older), - no Luck.
3rd I tried Ubuntu Live. Same here. "Directory or File not found" (german) "Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden".

Are there any prerequirements?

Any hints?

Regards Rene´

2 comments

Cart #fabizuhese-0 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #creative_excersise-0 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I thought Creative Exercise was a good song so I made it in PICO-8.

0 comments

Cart #pengyslide-1 | 2021-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Slide around on your belly, collect diamonds, and get to the exit! I've tested it a ton myself, but I haven't really had anyone else play, so let me know if you run into glitches.

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->