BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #ftest947284957820183847501c-0 | 2021-01-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

More mode 7 posts I say!

I was wondering if pico 8 could be used for making a fast mode 7 multiplayer racing game with the new tline function.
Unfortunately pixels near to the camera look huge if you want to have a racetrack of a decent size.

This solution uses another tline to render a gravel and grit texture to break up the huge pixels. Is there a name for that? I guess it's close to mipmaping.

I think It looks pretty good at slow and medium speeds. At fast speeds it looks a bit repetitive. Perhaps a different effect could be used at high speeds.

This video helped me figure out the mode 7 equations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybLZyY655iY

I've been chaotically jumping between projects. I do not know if I will make this into a game or not.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

15 comments

Cart #infinipig-0 | 2021-01-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You are the ghost of Cubepig, looking for a body! Can you find one on your own, or will you have to trade something... precious...

This game was made in 3 hours by the PIGSquad Twitch Chat during a mini-jam on January 17, 2021.

3 comments

Cart #net_smithothy-0 | 2021-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

First uploaded cart... only took me two years to get around to it.

This started out as a single chain. I read something on here (sorry, can't remember who by!) about cloth simulation and pulling both ends, and this is what I came up with. Not really cloth simulation, but I am still amazed that simple rules can create something so fluid-looking. The "wiggle" was mainly added to stop new links getting stuck, but it makes the whole thing look as though it is underwater.

I'm not planning a jellyfish-based game. Yet.

3 comments

Cart #tigiseziwa-0 | 2021-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I wanted to share a game that I made with pico-8 last year titled pacifist8. This game marks a very difficult period of time in my life. I'm doing much better now and I want to release it free of charge. I hope you enjoy it!

3 comments

Cart #lunokhod10-1 | 2021-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a port of an Atari 2600 game I wrote a few years back. Still a work in progress - I still have one minor game element to add and I need to fine tune the wave progression.

• Destroy falling debris for points
  • Radioactive debris increases radiation level
  • Game ends when you run out of Lunokhod rovers or when the radiation meter is pegged

Updates in version 0.9:

• Widened the playfield scrolling area
  • Radiation counter alarm/max work now, game ends when rads counter is full
  • Better wave transitions

Updates in version 0.10:

• Simplified scroll limits
  • Lunokhod rover is more nimble

Version 0.11:

• Added radar

DTM

3 comments

Cart #senasapiga-0 | 2021-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A no-frills implementation of a 3x2x1 Rubik's-style twisty puzzle.
No bells or whistles were harmed in the making of this cartridge.
(Hopefully I did it right.)

Controls:
(^) spin top cubies
(v) spin bottom cubies
(<) spin left cubies
(>) spin right cubies
(x) spin middle cubies
(o) reset

2 comments

Cart #bagsegfo-0 | 2021-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #kinetic-0 | 2021-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls: move around, jump, and whip. You can swap jump and whip in the pause menu.

Kinetic is a mashup of platforming, physics puzzle, and tower defense elements. Jem and her colleagues have fallen through a portal to an alien world. Help protect Van and Ess while they search for a way home. Use bizarre technology to hold back swarms of enemies in a Rube Goldbergian delight.

2 comments

Cart #sneakystealy-4 | 2021-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You and your best friend are burglars. You break in to places and steal stuff.

Hack computers!
Crack the safe!
Control the CCTV!
Watch out for the guards!
Should we sneak past the security, or do we do a hit and run?

Keys:
PL1 - Arrows + X to Unescape
PL2 - ESDF + Q to Unescape

If playing solo, use O/Z to switch characters.

Features:

• Procedurally generated levels, break in to a new place every time!
  • Continual save
  • Highscore

Gotchas:

• Sound is needed to open safes...
  • Don't press Z unless you're playing solo

(If you find any bugs I'd be very happy if you'd post them in a comment below. Enjoy!)

Changelog

v1.4

• Add penalty if seen
  • Token hunt with 0.2.2c features
  • Minor sound fixes

v1.3

• Add possibility to disable single cameras

v1.2

• Fix bug, unescaping with the wrong burglar selected no longer results in moving both burglars at the same time

v1.1

• Remove Wantedness system
  • Change menu buttons so it's harder to accidentally skip status screen
  • Add "Unescape" option, if you accidentally escape with one of your burglars
  • Add so fog is never shown in rooms with cameras when controlling CCTV
  • Fix bug, exiting CCTV control while the power is off no longer turns cameras on, thank you @McDoom for reporting!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

82 comments

Cart #go_get_it-4 | 2021-02-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A work in progress! ;)

Needs some polishing but core gameplay is protoytped so I figured why not publish it anyway.

Intro:

-XXX B.C., your fire just ran out.
You know there is some fire across the jungle...
...GO GET IT!

Controls

2D Platformer : Left and Right to move, X to jump.
O to restart (but don't worry, timer goes back to zero when you step on your firepit - without fire obvsly).

Have fun, and try to beat that timer!

>> Comments are very welcomed! <3 <<

Special thanks to

2 comments

Cart #cityblitz-2 | 2021-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

City Blitz

Press Z/Circle to drop bombs on the buildings in eight evil cities before you crash your plane into them.

Inspired by Blitz on the Vic-20 by Simon Taylor

This was the first Pico-8 project I started four years ago but never finished until now.

0 comments

Cart #clockbydl-0 | 2021-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #iboss_macromod-4 | 2021-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

MACROS: An EyeBoss mod

Basically all credit goes to @BlueCandleGames. They made the original game, and I'm just piggybacking off of their code and sprinkling in some new features. Go check out the original EyeBoss game!

UPDATE 0.2

Features:

• Added "COMPLETED!" text under
    logo after finishing both Normal
    Destroy and Normal Survival.

Changes:

• Added outline style to boss core
  • Completing a mode in Easy difficulty
    will now tell you to "Complete Normal
    mode now!"
  • Added effects to music.

UPDATE 1.0 (Major!)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #gooseontheloose-0 | 2021-05-31 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

hooonnkkk

welcome to goose on the loose! this has been my project for the past couple of months, and i'm happy enough with what i've done, so i'm calling it done! this project has taken me quite a while, and i'm satisfied with the result. feedback is appreciated, and please report any bugs / exploits you find.

controls not explained in game:

jump + shoot: honk

9 comments

Cart #benimobuda-0 | 2021-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Is there a way to evaluate a function call stored as a string, say "cls(2)"? I tried

eval("cls(2)")

but nope; no such beast.

7 comments

Cart #gun_arena-1 | 2021-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A long time ago I made a one game a week challenge with a friend, we both decided to use a different engine every week and at the end because I got sick we stopped doing that. But I remembered that I never actually posted my second week game "Gun Arena" which is a 4 Player competitive game! Go ahead and try it with your friends, I'm looking for feedback :D

Controls

Arrows - Move and Jump
z / x (Changes per controller) - Shoot left / right when equipped with a gun.

Let all players join and select characters, when all players are ready select a stage, you have 2 minutes to try to be player with the least hits while also hitting other players with the guns that appear on stage. Have fun!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Heya uh, just bought a Pico-8 license over on itch a few hours ago and I've been trying to get it to run on my Raspberry Pi 3 b, followed a tutorial on getting it to work on a fresh install of Raspbian and it works great, the problem now is that I wanna use my C64 mini joystick (Which is pretty much THE perfect controller for the system, two buttons, joystick and plenty extra buttons for settings), I got it to work on linux by making a configuration for it with the SDL2 Gamepad Tool and putting that on the sdl controllers file in configs, but making the same in my Rpi did uh, nothing, if anyone can help out with this it'd be amazing, thanks.

0 comments

Cart #sagmihini-0 | 2021-01-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

A few keyboard shortcuts I'd like to have:
Shift+Delete: Cut
Ctrl+Insert: Copy
Shift+Insert: Paste

These work in most other applications, and they're particularly useful because they work in a terminal. If I want to printh something to the terminal and copy it, I have to remember to switch keys, since Ctrl+C will kill the program.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->