BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #fools_gold-1 | 2019-10-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Our first game for PICO-8 is a simple roguelike that asks the question, you started with nothing... will you end with nothing?

Made in less than 72 hours for Ludum Dare 45.

Controls

• Move: Arrows
  • Select: C

Changelog

2019/10/13

• Fix: Crash when buying from the shopkeeper on the turn he would disappear.
  • Balance: Cloak cost reduced from 20 to 15.
  • Balance: Sword cost increased from 20 to 30.
  • Cosmetic improvement to message text (2 pixel left-pad to make it more readable on web).

2019/10/07

Initial release

4 comments

Cart #bomezazija-0 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You're stuck on an island with a cow and you're starting to get really hungry...

Walk around an island, find sticks and stones and break a cow's bones with them. Then cook up your fresh steak to settle your grumbling tummy!

This was an entry for ludum dare 45 and can be voted on here and can also be played on my itch.io page.

The Player

You play as this orange shirted guy; the camera follows the middle of him and your mouse.

Picking up Sticks and Stones

You pick up sticks, stones, and your tools by walking over them.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #sizifikum-0 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

It's going to be hard... Customers are annoying and they want really specific phones. Do you have red Nokia, blue Samsung or grey Sony with Android? If not you need to order it but there are only 3 spaces for them. If you get 3 the same colors you can be a real "red tycoon". Only currency here is your REPUTATION, so be careful because you can lose much more than money.

CONTROLS:

With Z - you can choose phone to offer and order a phone

With X - you make offer

Hopefully customer will like it!

PS Look out! iOS is available on these phones too!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #stopatnothing-2 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Arrow keys: Select direction, Move cursor
Z: Commit move, Next level
X: Select marker, Cancel move, Undo

Stop at Nothing is a block-sliding puzzle game. Each level starts with a block on each start point, and ends with nothing. Move the blocks to the goal tiles to remove them.

Stop at Nothing is a block-unsliding puzzle game. Each anti-level starts with nothing, and ends with a block on each start point. Unmove the blocks from the goal tiles to unremove them.

Made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 45: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/45/stop-at-nothing

Update 1.1: Fixed minor graphical bug

3 comments

Cart #yeweheyone-0 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

First game and I'm still tweaking it.

Let me know what you think!

0 comments

Cart #natazitawi-0 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is a work in progress for a school assignment. Still being tweaked weekly to accomodate updates to improving overall game state. Trying to recreate a similar game to brick breaker.

0 comments

Cart #tufiwahem-0 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a rough breakout game for a game development class that I am in.

0 comments

Cart #wildwildyard-1 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

— GOAL —

You have been accidentally shrunk to the size of a bug. Collect 48x scraps of metal in your garden to build a tiny remote control for your shrinker. Each time you fail you will be rewarded with a new gadget. Finish the game with as few death as possible for a special ending.

— CONTROL —

(Arrow keys) move

(X) throw ( if you have an insect in your hands)

(X) shoot ( if you have a weapon )

(Z) jump

(Z) in air : toggle your jetpack on and off

9 comments

Cart #snowballnusan-0 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Small game made for Ludum Dare 45 in 48h.

Roll your way through 7 levels and collect snow to make a happy snowman.

Controls:

• left/right: move
  • up: jump
  • x/c: reset level

The Ludum Dare page is here if you want to vote: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/45/snowball

7 comments

Cart #nullptr-1 | 2019-10-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mario but a space shooter without guns (at first)

Controls

• Arrows - move
  • X - shoot (when you have the fireflower)
  • Enter - open cheat menu (oww)
1 comment

Cart #blindthief-1 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

For Ludum Dare 45. Topic "Start with nothing".

You start with no eyes! Instead, you stole metal detector, it can help you to find a treasure and steal it.

1 comment

Cart #inspiration-4 | 2019-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A Ludum Dare 45 entry about trying to create a Ludum Dare 45 entry. Explore town, examine the scenery, and talk to those around you as you search for... inspiration.

CHANGELOG:

• 2019/10/12: Further collision detection fixes.
  • 2019/10/10: Fixed the bar exit so it no longer glitches you into a wall.
  • 2019/10/09: I fixed an error that caused the game to sometimes not progress past the logo screen, and added collision detection to the traffic cones so you can no longer glitch out of bounds.

Cart #inspiration-0 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

13 comments

Cart #meta_start-0 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Inspired by the theme "Start from Nothing" from the Ludum Dare 45 game jam, I wrote this little pico-8 animation where code is written into an empty pico-8 editor by an unseen hand.

1 comment

Cart #ludumdare_45_lokno-1 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for Ludum Dare 45. The theme was "Start with Nothing" and with only a little time remaining I came up with this simple but fun little game. Using both face buttons and the arrow keys (Keyboard recommended), the player must hold the correct sequence of keys to light up the whole screen.

0 comments

After upgrading to Pico-8 0.1.12C I noticed pixels were a bit blurry, even with the explicit option -pixel_perfect 1

Well, it seems the reason is not PICO-8 but a recent Windows 10 update. I have systemwide DPI set to 125 % and Windows therefore tries to scale the PICO-8 window a bit.

I fixed that by right clicking on the PICO-8 shortcut, settings, Compatibility, Button "Change High DPI-Setting".

In the following dialog turn on both checkboxes:

4 comments

Cart #buyogureg-0 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #mogebipoze-0 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #baruyitesa-0 | 2019-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->