Cart #6391 | 2012-08-01 | Embed ▽ | No License

This is actually the first map I'm trying to work on since I've got Voxatron.

Though as you can see, there is no weapon, and levels inside objects yet.
2-way doors are kind of broken, you just have to find them to go to next part of map.

It's based on this: http://www.shikadi.net/wiki/keen/images/5/53/Ck1lv80.png

Levels for map will be available when I finish porting whole mars map. Map is splitted into squares, as full map would be for me pretty much confusing still as player could skip levels by going around area instead to follow steps properly.

Another problem for me is triggering levels as done (Example: Enter shrine, do something around level, exit, replace shrine with object "Done" [Design not implemented yet] and remove re-entering level), so if anyone could help, it would be nice.

Another problem with character is about helmet. If I fill few voxels of helmet to front, the face won't be even noticable. I don't know should I keep it like this or put in front of helmet extra voxels to make it look like real helmet.

Note that this is not easy for me as I don't have so much of time to build everything. I've tried to build most of tiles from the game itself in 3D, and it's pretty much looking non-proportional. Design is difficult, as I keep filling every object so that it doesn't look like that it's empty inside when shooting. Feel free to help at design of some objects, as long they fit properly.

When extra designers come to Voxatron, I'll replace enemies from game and objects to make it look identical somehow.

I might have missed few things still.

P#6392 2012-08-01 17:27 ( Edited 2012-08-05 09:37)

These environments look great so far.

There will be doors that can be stretched across the side of a room coming in a future version, but for now you're stuck with the generic item-sized ones.

To add a "Done" prop to the shrine, use a blue door (use-once) with door mode on, and then group them together (select both and shift-G). Set the "Done" sign's trigger to NOITEM and it will only appear once the exit has been used.

Here's a demo

P#6406 2012-08-04 18:49 ( Edited 2012-08-04 22:50)

Didn't knew how to do that grouping, nice. You should actually add in object settings to set ID for groups as I can't find which object is in which group without using "g" key.

Though, even if that "Done" prop is similar on Commander Keen, but only in later versions. In old versions Shrines and objects were replaced with "Done" prop when map is finished like this.

You've done similar thing with vases in golden room, as when you finish a level inside, vase disappears.

EDIT: Found out how to do it. First I've grouped a shrine and one-way door, then set shrine trigger to GROUP. Done prop is not grouped with shrine and door, and the trigger is set to NOITEM. That way, when shrine is finished, door and shrine will be gone and DONE sign will show up.

EDIT2: Problem happens if object automatically becomes part of group, and there's no indicator that it's grouped to something, then this system is broken.

P#6410 2012-08-05 05:37 ( Edited 2012-08-05 09:58)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 19:21:11 | 0.010s | Q:16