Cart #solitary_spacewright-3 | 2024-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Take the job of a spaceship mechanic, repairing and cleaning up ships, while enduring the increasing demands of the company quotas.

tap Z - use held tool
hold Z - open inventory
X - interact with objects
arrow keys - move

Code and art by me (Werxzy)
Music and sound effects by Munchkin
Thanks to Hercleum and Achie for some last minute testing (definitely helped make the game better)

Solitary Spacewright was made for the lowrezjam2024. You can also check out the itch.io page I made for the game and download the unflattened source and map editor at https://werxzy.itch.io/solitary-spacewright

Note, if you want to play offline, you will also need to download #solitary_spacewright_2

Wow very impressive graphics. Great work

That 3d effect is incredible... really great.

The game is excellent, and the graphics are so cool.

Solitary Spacewright ended up getting second place in the LowRezJam!
I'll likely make a postjam update today or tomorrow. There's a few things I would like to fix/add.

https://itch.io/jam/lowrezjam-2024/results

Great work with this game! I like fixing things and this game is good for me. Well, for early levels that is.
As the ship gets bigger it gets tedious as it's hard to memorize where's the door with matching key.
There are some technical issues such as I kept doing tool switching wrong so I had to firmly press direction key before choosing. Then if I picked up new tool, I am immediately equipped with that tool which is not what I like if I need to kill "problems" after that.
Speaking of "problems", with limited space I ended up using wrench to solve "them" and have extra space for cards.
Ah, about cards, if I died while carrying key cards, those cards will be gone for good so after reviving myself, it'd be best to just end the job than losing time finding replacement cards.

I made an update to the game that includes the following

• Added the ability to save runs after undocking from a ship
  • Changed the difficulty slope after the first run to be smoother
  • Changed inventory opening to be faster
  • Fixed a problem with a map component (make the ship look wrong)

[Please log in to post a comment]