Cart #21550 | 2016-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here's my entry for p8jam2. I only had a few time to work on it, and maybe I wont have time to finish it before the jam end.

--- RULES ---

• mathcing 3 elements morph them to the next element in the morph wheel.
  • chaining more than 3 transformations will let you create gold nugget.
  • Try to reach the best gold score.
  • Eggs are useless and can be destroyed by transforming nearby elements

--- CONTROL---

• UP : turn piece
  • LEFT/RIGHT : move piece
  • DOWN : drop piece

The game is somehow playable, but is quite unbalanced. you can still use it as a sandbox.

Not bad. It reminds me Puzzle Master on GBC.

I love it <3
Spent over an hour playing this earlier. Definitely not fully balanced, but was fun to try and chain everything together.

It feels just like I'm doing REAL ALCHEMY :D

This is great! The sprites are beautiful, the animations are amazing, the sounds are very satisfying...and then I saw it was another cart by Benjamin Soulé and I said "ah, of course!"

my only small complaint is that I wish "down" was used to rotate the other direction, and that one of the other buttons was used for dropping, especially because it's easy to accidentally hit down when using a controller d-pad, but I guess I should just edit the source to customize the controls for myself 'cause pico-8 is awesome like that :)

This is a solid game - nice gameplay with a goal - the most gold nuggets. I think a timer for placement that slowly got shorter and shorter (much like tetris) would make this game fantastic. Sweet.

Who put all these eggs in my alchemy lab? O.O

Another amazingly solid and very original game by the great Benjamin Soulé.

This is definitely an interesting twist on the puzzle matching genre, and I love the sprite work. With a rockin soundtrack and a bit more features this would be a real time sink.

Really nice game! I included it in my Pico-8 Jam #2 compilation video series, if you’d like to take a look :)

I keep playing just to hear that amazing 4-chain combo sound effect.

Really crisp graphics.

I'm curious how you made the glow effect so well ... I noticed your first couple of sprites seem to be for that purpose, but I can't really make sense for it.

The two first sprites is a space I use to store a light gradient for each color.
For example if you take color 2 ( dark red ). sget(2,0) will give you the orginal color. sget(2,1) is red, sget(2,2) is orange... etc. In the end all the color become white.

I use the function light() in my code to modify colors according to this method.

In the glow case I apply light on the 12x12 round shape you can see on sprite map at 40,0.
I draw this shape behind the ball.

I would love to see this finished because I really like the concept of it.

You can still finish it. Just because the jam ended doesn't mean you can't still work on it.

This is amazing! The gameplay is so satisfying that you just don't want to stop! would love to see the finished version of this, it has so much potential!!

[Please log in to post a comment]