Page:

Cart #birdswithguns-5 | 2023-02-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Birds With Guns

An Owl-some Roguelike Twin-Stick Shooter

Are you ready to have a quacking time? Toucan play this egg-citing game right now! Made by an im-peck-able team of quail-ified developers, you're gonna have no egrets.

Evil Robofox has captured all the birds to steal their eggs. The bird kingdom is counting on you to save them!

Controls:

Keyboard + mouse mode:

Arrow keys or ESDF: Move
Left click: Shoot
Scroll: Switch weapon
P or Enter: Pause

Keyboard only mode:

Arrow keys or ESDF: Move
X: Shoot (V or M also work)
C: Switch weapon (Z or N also work)
P or Enter: Pause

Birds With Guns is a passion project made by a bunch of friends over the course of a vacation. If you found it fun and wish to give us a tip, an offline version is available for download for the price of a donut 🍩 on itch.io :)
https://yolwoocle.itch.io/birds-with-guns

@Yolwoocle : Code and Art
Gouspourd : Code
Notgoyome : Code
@ScrubSandwich : Music
Thanks to the lovely people from the PICO-8 discord server.

Final Update now out!

Featuring 6 brand new weapons, unique bird weapons and many small gameplay improvements! :)
Thanks to everyone for playing Birds With Guns, this journey has been wild. We hope you will enjoy this small update.

damn this feels like a arcade game
now i am addicted
thank you
edit: no way this is pico-8 its too freaking polished

yes

Incredible game!

Absolutely brilliant game!

Extra Juicy, and highly addictive!

This game is ducking awesome! This is way too polished for a Pico 8 game, and, as always, the sprites are so dove-ly! You should be very proud of this cart! No egrets on the bird puns either. :)

Here is my skill so far. (yes i don't use the mouse, sue me) I love the machine gun weapon a ton, but I didn't have a shot of me using it.

Amazing!

@Jerry_Boy That's awesome! :)

nuclear throne meets pico8. A wonderful marriage of the two. Super polished and fun too! Great job!

I started randomly playing it on a phone, the controls are great on any platform!

I also spotted a strange issue: I can't pick up ammo after switching guns. It happens when the ammo is dropped holding one gun, and then I switch to reload the other gun. It can be resolved by shooting from the other gun after switxhing, and then picking up the ammo. Did you observe such behaviour?

Nethertheless, it is my favourite game on pico8 so far! Great work!

this game is awesome! i really love games like gingeon and the binding of isaac. great job dude!

enter the gungeon with birds, nice.

Awesome game! It's really impressive to see what some people are able to do with Pico-8.

@DoomDoggo Interesting, I will look into this issue. Thanks!

Nice and very polished game, good job!

enter the gungeon meets pico-8. you beat me to it. I wanted to make something like this first :'(
in all seriousness, this is the best pico-8 game I've ever played. thank you kind sir

"would you like a SHOT of our finest beer?

you shuold try adding more gun options, make the health packs a little less rare, and maybe even some abilities for the birds-

Also some advice I forgot to add... maybe add number controls or a key to toggle between guns on the fly?

keep working on it plz.
more guns!

@KoboldKing Nothing is preventing you to make something like this! It'll be unique because you're the one making it :)

@KoboldKing What do you mean with "number controls" ?

@KoboldKing Well at most you can only hold two guns, so adding extra keys would be a waste of tokens. The Z/C key is great for swapping weapons!

Cart #birbs_in_space-1 | 2021-12-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm surprised nobody here is mentioning that lucky post ID.

@Sup3rAw3som3Gam3r because it says nuclear birds if it is a mod based on scrap kings wouldn't it be better scrap birds?

@StinkerB06 Holy cow, I have not noticed that. That is absolutely insane!!!

@Sup3rAw3som3Gam3r This is awesome!

good mod

i love the update!

I LOVE THE UPTADE but have the old weapons? and the boxe gloves are totaly powerful add the old weapons pleez

Bro. How did I get so lucky with my favorite character, the seagull, getting the sniper and machine-gun as the starters! If you added this for me, thanks a ton! (if not, still thanks)

@Jerry_Boy This is a pure coincidence, hahaha, but your comment about the fact that you liked the machinegun did probably subconsciously influence us when we were designing the gatling gun.

my two most favorite weapons is the shotgun and boxing glove- and i like using tucan. i guess everything just falls together lol

lmao look at me

@Sup3rAw3som3Gam3r your "birds in space" cart doesn't load, is this normal? !There were some recent problems with the BBS servers, so that might explain it.

mabey, I will repost it

I love this game. All the different characters are so cute and the twin-stick gameplay is just perfect. When I started the game I liked the flamethrower, but now I love the gatling gun. A little shout out to the sound effects, making good gun and explosion sound effects is not easy in Pico-8 and these are really good.

@extar Thank you very much for playing our game and for your kind words, I was smiling the whole way through. There's something magical from seeing you having so much fun with our creation. :)

Heck yes!

@Jerry_Boy Congratulations!!!!! :D

Heya yolwoocle one thing about BWG... It can have some modes like score attack, carrier n'd missions? It's just an request...

I DID IT

@lauraf Congratulations!!!!!

Hey @Fabolabert, thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, we don't have any tokens left to implement stuff. Could you expand on what you mean when you say "score attack, carrier and missions"? And why do you think that would be fun?

Love it!!! That's the kind of game that totally would make success on a real arcade! Congratulations to all the team involved!

Cute, it's like a Nuclear Throne demake

Beautiful, the music, the pixel arts, and beautiful wonderful spectacular

who's your favorite bird in the game? I personally prefer the sparrow

An amazing game could be a cool actual game

Page:

[Please log in to post a comment]