Page:

Picotron 0.1.0h - vid() documentation says that 1 and 2 should change resolution but instead 3 and 4 do. Minimal repro:

function _draw()
  vid(4) -- Docs say 160x90 should be 2 but it's 4
  rectfill(0,0,80,45,1) -- Fill quarter of the screen
end

Cart with this snippet:

Cart #picotron_testing-3 | 2024-07-29 | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm glad that you can load a folder into cart ram but I wish you could save it back that way. Makes stuff much easier for version control.
(Yeah, I know .p64 files are text based but if you're including external .lua files, it makes things much easier to update)

In the meantime, you can just mod the save command to copy it normally and stick it under /appdata/system/util under a different name.

Picotron 0.1.1

Similar to @369369369's earlier report, I'm seeing the below issue whenever I try to load a BBS cart by it's # id...

UPDATE: v0.1.1b was just released which has now fixed this for me (thx @zep!)

Also, as much as I don't want to draw attention to it (😜) - it seems to me that HTML/BBS player carts are running significantly faster than within Picotron desktop (either that, or my Picotron is running slower than others!).
Can't confirm it, as Picotron doesn't have the CTRL+P overlay feature that P8 has (yet?).

UPDATE: Actually, just compared to other carts and it seems maybe it's my Mandelsaver that's running slower on Desktop vs. Web (it is ramming the CPU/render cycles, so maybe that's something to do with it?)

I'm seeing this attempt to call a nil value error for every cart I try to load from the BBS :_( 0.1.1 on macOS.

Not a big thing, but sometimes in the synth when I hit the space bar everything works fine on the SFX but when I click the stop button and then click play it doesn't animate the tracker, just plays the audio.

011b / linux:

• ctrl-8 captures the full 480x270 screen, but when vid(3)/vid(4) are active the region should be smaller
  • open foo* in the terminal causes a runtime error: "/system/util/open.lua:50: attempt to index a nil value (global 'filename')"
    (I don't know if I'd expect *-globbing to work, but I'd expect it to have a nicer error)
  • I wish I could copy runtime errors with ctrl-c. or maybe by right-clicking or something? dunno

MacOS 0.1.1b
Like in older versions, if you select multiple files, and do right-click > delete file, it only deletes the file you right clicked. If you right click out of any file, all the files you selected get deselected

really small bug: if you enable squishy windows and move a window partially off-screen, it gets a red pixel in its bottom corners. (it also seems to change the window's roundness when i enable/disable squishy windows?)

before: note that corners are 2px rounded

after: note that the window, because it is off-screen, now has a red pixel in its bottom right corner. and also, the corners are 1px rounded now.

Running two different machines:

On Windows 10, my laptop keyboard doesn't register the Enter key; external keyboards work fine.

On Debian, my gamepad (Switch Pro Controller) pauses when pressing O, and doesn't pause properly hitting Start. Was working fine for about a day, not sure what changed

i am trying to port pico8 code into picotron for 1k jam and can't get btn() get working. does it work only on _update() calls?

nope, this works fine @rostok: function _draw() cls(btn(4) and 16 or 17) end.

But it doesn't seem to work in a goto-loop: vid()::_::flip()cls(btn(4) and 16 or 17)goto _ (cc @Liquidream -- the itch page suggests this form but it may be a bad idea)

ok, thx. this will require extra effort then.
do you guys know if any p8scii codes work? or with picotron i should stick to code api functions like flip, cls, etc

@pancelor: Yeah, I had mixed success with that snippet (e.g. code running that you can't stop!). Zep suggested the snippet, but also admitted it was a bit hacky and that function _draw() etc is prob better anyway.
Ok, will update jam page in the morning. Thx for the heads-up. 👍

Picotron 1.1b

Anyone else having their sfx cutting off every time the next music pattern begins, or the old one ends? (Not sure which)

I am having issues with html player. After I export to html, I can't reset the cart with ctrl+r (which opens terminal) or run command (which opens menu, and does nothing). Unfortunately Picotron web player hijacks F5 key so it is quite hard to actually restart the cart.

note(pitch) behaves quite strange as it sometimes disables sound (until picotron restart). For higher pitch values (ie 50) sound lingers. I am calling it from _draw()

finally a feature request: I would love (1) ctrl+insert/shift+insert copy/paste shortcuts (2) and some way to edit code externally like in vscode and run it.

Page:

[Please log in to post a comment]