ONLINE MULTIPLAYER VERSION IS HERE!
Please let me know what you think :D
- Avatars! :D
- Music and sfx
- Particle fx
- Leaderboard for online play (coming very soon...)
- Scorecard every 18 holes
- Tweaks and bug fixes
- Intro screen
- Full GPIO support for multiplayer (but that needs a website to host, so watch this space...)
- Thanks @remcode @dw817 @josh999 for the awesome feedback ;)
- Tweaked power meter - more power close to the max
- Randomise the golfer avatar per cart reset
- Increase par for holes with lots of water
Wind same for all users now
- Much improved PAN (up arrow)
Fixing some crazy bugs (like hole 71 causing an infinite loop <facepalm>)
- Stepping stones in lakes - hopefully this should sort the unplayable holes issue
Menu options to reset hole and delete save game
- Tutorial level!
- The holes start easy and get harder - after 50 or so holes anything goes
- Procedural generation basic version is ready!
- Up/Down to pan a bit
- Lots of UI tweaks
- Online replays via GPIO and a BAAS (e.g., FatFractal)
- Stats screen (every 18 holes?)
Hi! I'd love to hear any feedback on my work in progress top-down golf game Picogolf Endless, thanks for reading/playing!
Since it is work in progress it is just one course at the moment (procedural generation to come) but most of the physics are in place (wind is shown by the arrow top centre)
LEFT/RIGHT - aim
X - hold for more shot power
LEFT/RIGHT while power meter is moving - spin
- Procedural generation
- Online multiplayer using GPIO/JS
- Complete the tree tiles / move on from these placeholders
- Particles and polish
- Music and more complete sfx
Thanks again :)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the pico-8 community and getting back into the best hobby on the planet (gamedev, of course) after a long break. I just wanted to share my very early work in progress - a top down golf game. I had a funny bug where I set the spin force a bit too high o_0
Would love to hear your thoughts!