Snow White and the Seven Boards

Cart #snowwhiteandthe7boards-0 | 2023-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About

Can you traverse the seven boards and reach the seven dwarfs in this dwarfs in this epic adventure? Join Snow White and her mystical band of animals as you face perils unbeknownst to the movie-boardgame-videogame-adaptation genre up until now!
(There are only 4 boards)
(Produced hastily for an open-ended school project)

Playing the Game

Controls

Use left and right arrow keys to navigate menus and Z to select. The down arrow key is exclusively used when placing cards to stop placing them.

Cards

Throughout the game you will collect a variety of cards. Each card has 4 statistics:
Health - Card gets removed from the playing field when at 0 health.
Damage - Amount of health removed from the oposite side of the card. If no card is opposing, attack opponent.
Cost - Cost to play card, and how many gems will be obtained from trashing it.
Ability - Special ability which determines super special stuff. Cards can only have one ability at a time.
Abilities are as follows:

Sidestep: Move to the right if a space is available, moves left if a wall (not a card) is reached.
Fly: Ignore the card in front of it and directly attack the opposition.
Lethal: Instantly kill whatever card it attacks (does not instantly kill opposition).
Frail: Deals one damage to itself after attacking.
Eternal: Enters your deck after dying as opposed to getting destroyed. Trashing still deletes.
Stinger: A combination of Frail and Fly.
Wasp gen: Give your deck a wasp if attacked.
Coppy: Copies the card in front of it, permanently turning into that card.
Fly block: If a card with Fly attacks, this card will block if in front of it.
Protected: Nullifies the effect of Lethal if attacked. Also Fly blocks.

And many more!

Tiles

When on the world map, you will traverse through tiles. The tile types are as follows:
Dark blue - Heal one health.
Grey - Take one card from three options.
Dark green - Take one card from three rare options.
Dark red - Engage in a fight.
Bright red - Engage in a boss fight.
White - Go to next board.

Final Words

When I asked if I could make a digital board game when asked to make a physical one for a project, the teacher stated that a studen asks that question every time, and every time the digital board game turns out "buggy" or incomplete. This might not be any different, but at least I made an attempt!

Final Notes

• The game ends after finishing the 4th board.
  • There are no sounds (except in the beggining and trivia segments).
  • The card game aspect entirely lacks any animations.
  • I did not have enough time to beat the game myself. While I know it's not impossible, it will be very hard.
  • To add on to the previous statement, things might not be balanced very well.
  • The code is poor in quality (but at least it's commented! Some of the time...).
P#138664 2023-12-14 01:16

[Please log in to post a comment]