Cart #ix_bash-0 | 2020-04-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Menu: Z to start game.

Game:

P1: LEFT/RIGHT to move the player, Z to punch enemies

P2: S/F to move the player, TAB to punch enemies

Mechanics

You and a friend are on a high girder and there are weird monsters coming from both sides! Your only option is to punch them...or die!

Commentary

I thought February felt short, so March naturally was the longest month of my entire life. So much has happened, so many things gone wrong this month and still going wrong, if the news is to be believed. I finished my 2-year make music every week​ project this month, though, and I worked on this game in a fairly healthy way! I did bits and pieces over the month, made solid improvements, iterated. When it wasn't happening on the last night of March, I didn't stay up late and suffer. I just went to bed because the POINT of ending this challenge is to be done with that stress at the end of every month. And I'm glad to be done with that part. But #onegameamonth was such a keystone for me, for such a long time, I don't know how it's going to feel not having that push anymore. I guess if it feels awful, maybe I will come back to it, in the same or some other form. But I wanted to end it on my own terms before it drove me to hate making games, because that would be a terrible tragedy. I want to keep loving this forever. If you're reading this, and you ever, ever tried or played one of my games, thank you sincerely. I didn't make them just for you, but I made them with the idea of you in my mind, and it was that that pulled me through the tough times and drove me to make things better.

Good luck to you, and I'll see you around the internet! (I'm @PROGRAM_IX on Twitter.)

itch.io page: here.

#onegameamonth March 2020

P#74404 2020-04-01 23:09 ( Edited 2020-04-01 23:10)

Nice little co-op game. I enjoyed this a great deal. Thank you for it.

P#74456 2020-04-04 02:55

Aw, thank you @Ulexes! I'm glad you had fun with it!

P#74476 2020-04-04 23:31

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 14:04:51 | 0.024s | Q:17